• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

76: Ted Smith replaces Paul Smith.
77: Youngster Jordan Williams replaces David Worrall.
79: Jack Payne replaces Ryan Leonard. Still 1-1.
82: Good effort from trialist Cregg who curls one from the edge of the box. Well saved by Bialkowski.
87: Good save from Ted Smith to keep out David McGoldrick's long range drive.

Ipswich win it right at the end. Anthony Wordsworth makes it 2-1 and it's the last touch. It finishes 2-1 to Ipswich.:sad:
We beat them with Paul Sturrock, just saying!

What were the numbers like for tonights game? Unable to make tonight but should be there tomorrow.

Gary Deegan is a mentalist.

The number 12 Patrick Cregg oozed class and had a great 45 mins second half. Didn't put a foot wrong. I'd sign him up, gives something different

Thought Mats the Dane and Ben Richards-Everton looked shaky first 5 mins but grew into the game and looked a better pairing than Prosser and Thompson. Everton was a bit lapse at times but I'd happily see them play CB together this season.

Fagan did what I expected of him. Chedozie poor sod had high balls sent to him, looked good at feet but too lightweight.

Ross Jenkins did ok but a no from me.

Of our players, Coker and White played to their good standard. Smith had a couple of dodgy moments but ok. Hurst not in the game, Prosser ok, Thompson not good enough. Barney meh. Weston looked lively. Worrell didn't do too much

Now everyone knows my stance on Eastwood but it was unfair to play him 38 seconds then sub him with a minimal crowd to give him an ovation. If the club are going to do something like that, it should be with a bigger crowd.

I'd sign Cregg, probably Fagan, Everton-Richards and Ibenfeldt

Everton-Richard look like he have potential to break into first 11 and start more games, he a PB type player, he like to control the ball with his feet & pass it with confidence, rather than lump it long.

Gary Deegan is a mentalist.

The number 12 Patrick Cregg oozed class and had a great 45 mins second half. Didn't put a foot wrong. I'd sign him up, gives something different

Thought Mats the Dane and Ben Richards-Everton looked shaky first 5 mins but grew into the game and looked a better pairing than Prosser and Thompson. Everton was a bit lapse at times but I'd happily see them play CB together this season.

Fagan did what I expected of him. Chedozie poor sod had high balls sent to him, looked good at feet but too lightweight.

Ross Jenkins did ok but a no from me.

Of our players, Coker and White played to their good standard. Smith had a couple of dodgy moments but ok. Hurst not in the game, Prosser ok, Thompson not good enough. Barney meh. Weston looked lively. Worrell didn't do too much

Now everyone knows my stance on Eastwood but it was unfair to play him 38 seconds then sub him with a minimal crowd to give him an ovation. If the club are going to do something like that, it should be with a bigger crowd.

I'd sign Cregg, probably Fagan, Everton-Richards and Ibenfeldt

Just shows how opinions differ. I thought the number 12 was poor although t be fair he got better as the game went on. I liked the look of the two centre half who were both big and strong and the youngster looked to have a decent passing range although both didnt look great when finding positions. They looked better than both prosser and thompson did first half

For a debut i thought worrell was poor. Didnt really show for the ball and didnt do anything of note , but he must have something about him.

Hurst likewise didnt get involved like he usually does.

Barney. What can i say. It really is like he has a clone that looks like the same player we used to have but isnt. Craig fagan did more in the short time he had on that he did in his 70 odd minutes. He never looks like getting into the box let alone scoring.

Fagan was excellent tonight and his movement was top class. I really hope we sign him.

Be interesting to see what sort of side we put out tomorrow night.

Incidentally does anyone know how many were there tonight. Reckon there will be more for QPR

I wouldn't dismiss L Barnard yet, he look fitter than before, I would give him an chance. I think number 10 need more build in his body, as Ipswich defence gave him an taste what most league 2 side can do to him. Layne look good when he play for Billericay Vs us, strong and powerful, he an better bet to be honest.

Thought the two centre backs were very good tonight. Both seemed confident and strong, would like to see more of them. Gary Deegan looked like a carbon copy of Conor Clifford, very feisty!

The young striker (number 10) looked decent on the ball, but had balls fired at his head all match, so difficult to judge him on that performance. Not sure who played right-back for the last section of the game but he didn't really do anything right, and could have easily prevented the last goal.

From our players: thought White looked good at left-back. A good option across the whole defence, it seems. Worrall had a good game and seems to give 100% - unlike Hurst, who went missing for most of the game.

Again, I wasn't overly convinced by the number 12. He ran around a bit, but seemed pretty similar to what we've seen before. I thought Jenkins looked a little more composed. Deegan didn't really do it for me.

I thought Worrall did ok! Ran around, didn't look too bad when given a turn at right back and (if I remember correctly) put the ball across for the goal!

The new defenders looked ok, a little shaky at first but grew into the game. More impressed with Ibenfeldt of the two.

Fagan and Chedozie both made a few nice touches, but neither really set the world alight. Chedozie looked a little bit lightweight at times.

The main impression I had was that we were moving the ball around far better than we have done for some time. Some positive signs for the coming season!

Back