• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
So he tells Wellbeck he can leave as he isn't in his plans but won't be allowed to join a top 6 club. What a **** !!!!!! Who the **** does he think he is, fine he can sell a player he doesn't want but he has no right to destroy the lads career by forcing him to join a smaller club

So he tells Wellbeck he can leave as he isn't in his plans but won't be allowed to join a top 6 club. What a **** !!!!!! Who the **** does he think he is, fine he can sell a player he doesn't want but he has no right to destroy the lads career by forcing him to join a smaller club

It's van Gaal, not Van Gaal and Welbeck, not Wellbeck. Can you explain the bit in bold? How is anyone forcing Welbeck?

Reckon he will do well at a club like Swansea, especially if they lose Bony.

It's van Gaal, not Van Gaal and Welbeck, not Wellbeck. Can you explain the bit in bold? How is anyone forcing Welbeck?

Actually, if you're only referencing a Dutch surname then it's right to cap up the v in Van Gaal, it's van Gaal if you include the first name. Van Gaal, and Louis van Gaal.

And as for the Welbeck situation, it's more of a canny move from Van Gaal to see who he can trust. Have a load of private conversations with players, and see what ends up in the 'papers the next day. Bit of an odd situation as Welbeck's a quality player and exceptional at following team orders - precisely what LVG builds teams on - so I would've assumed he'd be right up his street.

A move away and regular football as an out-and-out striker will do Welbeck wonders, mind. Made 11 starts as a forward last year and scored 7 goals in those games. Victim of his own versatility.

Van Gaal is a wise old bird.He's had a good look at Welbeck and doesn't much rate him (nor do I incidentally).

In any case,VG's made it clear that Van Persie and Rooney are his first choice strikers.

Van Gaal is a wise old bird.He's had a good look at Welbeck and doesn't much rate him (nor do I incidentally).

In any case,VG's made it clear that Van Persie and Rooney are his first choice strikers.
The point is not whether or not he rates him but the fact that he has the audacity to say he can't join a top six club even though he doesn't want him at Man Utd.

I don't think Welbeck is that great but it's grossly unfair to try and dictate where he goes if he is unwanted.

Wonder if this will result in legal action.

Is it really that surprising? Manager doesn't want player to join clubs competing for similar league position.

Bet this has been done a load of times in the past. Heinze comes to mind when Man Utd refused to sell him to Liverpool.

Think it's a bit of a bloody cheek though, he may not want him but he has no right to tell him where he can and can't play (unless there is something written in his contract to that effect).

I don't rate Welbeck at all, and to be honest, I can't see any of the other top Prem sides being interested but van Gaal shouldn't have any say in where he moves on to.

Think it's a bit of a bloody cheek though, he may not want him but he has no right to tell him where he can and can't play (unless there is something written in his contract to that effect).

Of course there's something written into his contract. It IS his contract. Unless there's a specific buy-out clause, you'd have to assume Manchester United have every right to snub ANY approach from ANY club for his services while he's contracted to them. Likewise, if MU did agree a fee with someone else, Welbeck would have to consent to that.

Seriously, what's not to get?

Of course there's something written into his contract. It IS his contract. Unless there's a specific buy-out clause, you'd have to assume Manchester United have every right to snub ANY approach from ANY club for his services while he's contracted to them. Likewise, if MU did agree a fee with someone else, Welbeck would have to consent to that.

Agreed,

Welbeck ain't my type of footballer and if he does leave will probably go abroad.

The point is not whether or not he rates him but the fact that he has the audacity to say he can't join a top six club even though he doesn't want him at Man Utd.

I don't think Welbeck is that great but it's grossly unfair to try and dictate where he goes if he is unwanted.

Wonder if this will result in legal action.

Actually,the point is, that he's under contract to MU.

Fairness really doesn't come into it.

MU (like any other club) can do what they want with a contracted player's registration.

Absolutely right.Or sit out his contract.

No he's not (especially).

IMO,it's a fair bet, he'll be off to another Prem. club (outside the top six), before the end of the month.

Seven goals in eleven starts as a striker, his natural position, at the very top level would certainly indicate there to be something about him.

Seven goals in eleven starts as a striker, his natural position, at the very top level would certainly indicate there to be something about him.

Di María is a top player.

He's not a striker but there's certainly something special about him.

As I said, Van Gaal knows what he's doing.

Are you seriously suggesting that Welbeck's a better striker than Van Persie or Rooney?

Di María is a top player.

He's not a striker but there's certainly something special about him.

As I said, Van Gaal knows what he's doing.

Are you seriously suggesting that Welbeck's a better striker than Van Persie or Rooney?

Do you want to point out where I'm supposed to have suggested this rather than, you know, saying Welbeck's a talented footballer?

Do you want to point out where I'm supposed to have suggested this rather than, you know, saying Welbeck's a talented footballer?

It's a reasonable assumption.That's all.

Van Gaal's made it it clear that Welbeck won't get a regular first team slot under him.As I said,he'll be off to another Prem club by the end of next week.

Back