• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barnard needs to be given a proper run in the side before he can be judged, and by that i dont mean 10 -15 minutes a game , but a full 90 minutes for a few matches ,then we will see if hes capable anymore or not.As for Corr ,well you all know my opinion there, will happily apologise if he proves me wrong, yes would like to see Layne and Brown be given a run in the JPT and at some time soon Payne be given a decent run in the 1st team.

So now penalties don't count? Does he have to do the hokey cokey for the goal to count as well?

10 games is premature yet 4 games isn't?

Lol well said Chapperz - notice Barney scored today from the Pen spot in the Reserves, he can't help but get Mrs Blue's goat can he!
Mind you twitter feed also said a defender cleared to result in a cannon off Jason Williams into the goal - maybe this is the hokey cokey we are looking for. Barney & Williams up front? x

Barnard needs to be given a proper run in the side before he can be judged, and by that i dont mean 10 -15 minutes a game , but a full 90 minutes for a few matches ,then we will see if hes capable anymore or not.As for Corr ,well you all know my opinion there, will happily apologise if he proves me wrong, yes would like to see Layne and Brown be given a run in the JPT and at some time soon Payne be given a decent run in the 1st team.

out of interest, what does he have to do to prove you wrong? It's already been stated by almost everybody that his best attributes can't just be pinned down to scoring goals. I understand you don't get to watch games which can't help but I can't see how you can grasp quite a strong opinion on someone when you don't watch them regularly.

Lol well said Chapperz - notice Barney scored today from the Pen spot in the Reserves, he can't help but get Mrs Blue's goat can he!
Mind you twitter feed also said a defender cleared to result in a cannon off Jason Williams into the goal - maybe this is the hokey cokey we are looking for. Barney & Williams up front? x

Barney scored hip hip hooray
Still not scored from open play doh !

Williams scored again!

Being fair to To Lee he needs to play in a 2 up front and Williams Layne or Brown to partner him.Defo got to be worth a try.

Over to you Phil.

Being fair to To Lee he needs to play in a 2 up front and Williams Layne or Brown to partner him.Defo got to be worth a try.

Ah, so you we do agree sometimes - perm any of the following Barney & Williams, Barney & Payne, Barney & Coulthirst, Barney & Weston.

Pace + a goal poacher = goals imo.

Am sure the goals will come, just need to find our best front two - or rather Mr. Brown does, but I have faith that he will, early days yet.

Ah, so you we do agree sometimes - perm any of the following Barney & Williams, Barney & Payne, Barney & Coulthirst, Barney & Weston.

Am sure the goals will come, just need to find our best front two - or rather Mr. Brown does, but I have faith that he will, early days yet.

Agreed we need to try something different and would try any of the above,We need to put teams to the sword which I feel we are capable of with the right forwards.

Not sure what giving our strikers a new hairstyle will do, but worth a shot! :winking:

I think it's unfortunately been same story as last season so far. We seem to control games, defend well but have trouble sticking it in the net. I actually don't think personnel is the problem, I'm more inclined to blame the system.

4-3-3 is a very positive attacking formation, but most of the time we play too deep and end up as a 4-5-1 with Corr up top on his own. If the 5 in midfield were constantly looking to pump the box full of crosses for Corr to get on the end of then it wouldn't be a problem, but typically our crossing isn't great, or often enough. Problem is, Corr ends up playing with his back to goal and once he holds up the ball and lays it off, he's usually nowhere near the box when the cross eventually comes in.

I honestly think if we were to play a variation of 4-4-2, with 3 across the middle and one as an attacking midfielder to sit just behind the front pair and create chances, we'd start seeing more goals. Corr desperately needs support and at the moment he just isn't getting it. Someone made a good point the other day that Barry had his best season for us when he had Blair Sturrock doing the donkey work next to him. We're now expecting him to do the donkey work and also score the goals, which simply isn't going to happen.

On many threads I don't post but when I think I am right until I have been proved wrong I will think I am right,Look at the trust thread with well over 100 replies I posted once because I have no idea what the trust or Ron does so little point in continually posting as I'm in the dark on that matter.

Just out of interest if Brown was to try something different up front and results dropped off how long would you give it before making further changes?

It has been mathematically proven earlier in this thread that our form so far over a season would get us promoted. Therefore as that is most people's main concern it is 'proven' that Brown has it Sussed and anything more will be a bonus.

Just out of interest if Brown was to try something different up front and results dropped off how long would you give it before making further changes?

It has been mathematically proven earlier in this thread that our form so far over a season would get us promoted. Therefore as that is most people's main concern it is 'proven' that Brown has it Sussed and anything more will be a bonus.

Phil's game plan is about not conceding and hopefully nicking 1 at the other end.You say our form will mathematically get us promoted yet we are not even in the auto places so your point is confused.

This division demands more than clinging on to slender leads as we found out last season.

Phil's game plan is about not conceding and hopefully nicking 1 at the other end.You say our form will mathematically get us promoted yet we are not even in the auto places so your point is confused.

This division demands more than clinging on to slender leads as we found out last season.

No no, there's only one party in this conversation that's confused.

I thought young pacy players was all we needed and we have that.

As for Williams, he isnt even making the bench, he is not ready. Like Groundhog day. Get a couple of dodgy results and the magic answer to our problems is to play a kid Brown doesnt deem good enough to even be a sub.

I thought young pacy players was all we needed and we have that.

As for Williams, he isnt even making the bench, he is not ready. Like Groundhog day. Get a couple of dodgy results and the magic answer to our problems is to play a kid Brown doesnt deem good enough to even be a sub.

Couple of dodgy results what like 8 wins from 26 games,Oh well if you are content with that fair enough.

Couple of dodgy results what like 8 wins from 26 games,Oh well if you are content with that fair enough.

We have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1.

Why are you referring to last season when we had different players? Live in the now. We get promoted based on this seasons results, not last years.

I wonder what your ratio is for manipulated, repetitive stats per post.

8 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat in previous 14 league games - about 82-83 points in a 46 game season.

8 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat in previous 14 league games - about 82-83 points in a 46 game season.

Indeed, he fails to mention we finished last season at the top of the form table.

Its irrelevant what happened back then, all that matters is current form, and currently we have had one bad result out of 4. Ill start complaining if we are still here after 10 games or so.

270 minutes against Stanley,Wimbledon and Carlisle resulted in one goal from open play,Is that repetitive enough.

270 minutes against Stanley,Wimbledon and Carlisle resulted in one goal from open play,Is that repetitive enough.

Do only goals from open play count then ?

Yet we still beat Stanley and got a point at Carlise. 4 points from 2 away games is all that matters and is a good return. Still lets use some stats to try to make them look like bad results.

Back