• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As for starting line up, dont want to state the obvious but tonight he changed half the outfield players.

Yup, agree with you there - but as it was JPT, I'm willing to bet that the changes would have been made even if we were thumping everyone 5-0 in the league... The real test will be on Saturday and we will see how the line-up looks then!

Just a reminder "teenage sensation Isaac Layne is being tracked by a number of clubs" "The non league teen sensation scored 11 goals for Billericay in 28 games." " Charlton are keen to sign him following trial ", Phil Brown said " hes got a lot of potential and has impressed me, I have found a little gem. Layne was signed for an undisclosed fee. Could he really miss more chances than Shaq, even the warm up I saw he was hitting the target better than any of the others, but :happy:what the FDIK

If he doesn't start Payne on Saturday, he'll have one very hacked off player on his hands. I'm just not sure where to play him. Would suit a 5 man midfield with Cliiford and Lenny, but that just seems so negative at home.

..and rather a lot of fans now.

He played in central midfield today in a 433, he could certainly play there if the other two are more defensive minded to give him a bit more freedom to get forward.

Just a reminder "teenage sensation Isaac Layne is being tracked by a number of clubs" "The non league teen sensation scored 11 goals for Billericay in 28 games." " Charlton are keen to sign him following trial ", Phil Brown said " hes got a lot of potential and has impressed me, I have found a little gem. Layne was signed for an undisclosed fee. Could he really miss more chances than Shaq, even the warm up I saw he was hitting the target better than any of the others, but :happy:what the FDIK

He was also very specific when he signed that he was for the development squad not the first team.

Was in the directors seats tonight and it appears that at least one person (prosser) was not happy with shaquile coulthirst calling him a cocky little c word. Make of that what you will.

Sorry would help?

Yes fans would love managers to grovel forgiveness after each loss wouldnt they.

Sorry, but unless the team didnt try hard enough and got hammered he isnt going to apologise for drawing away from home.

Absolutely agree with this. Tonight would have been an ideal time to play Layne, it was a free game in respect of no points available, I saw him quite a bit last season as I live in billericay, he is a much better player than Coulthirst who for someone at a prem club is poor in my opinion.

Yes fans would love managers to grovel forgiveness after each loss wouldnt they.

Sorry, but unless the team didnt try hard enough and got hammered he isnt going to apologise for drawing away from home.

Against ten men for 70 mins. I don't recall us leaving Plymouth with a draw. The disappointment tonight on here, stems from the fact that we have dominated a game for a majority of the 90 mins, against weakened opposition yet somehow fail to win the game. Had we done the same against Plymouth as Wimbledon did to us then maybe the reaction would be different, but we didn't. But you can not hide from the fact that we miss shed loads of chances, the same as we did against Wimbledon at home a few weeks back

Against ten men for 70 mins. I don't recall us leaving Plymouth with a draw. The disappointment tonight on here, stems from the fact that we have dominated a game for a majority of the 90 mins, against weakened opposition yet somehow fail to win the game. Had we done the same against Plymouth as Wimbledon did to us then maybe the reaction would be different, but we didn't. But you can not hide from the fact that we miss shed loads of chances, the same as we did against Wimbledon at home a few weeks back

Yes its disappointing, but a draw even against 10 men is hardly worthy of a grovelling apology.

If the team hadnt put in the effort or had a really adverse result and got hammered then thats different.

Youre having a sense of humour **** down Jammy!

Humour is rather hard to detect in a one sentence post with no smileys! :smile:

So young Payne was the business which I have even saying on here for 9 months...Give him the chance and he will deliver.

Now where is Williams and company.

To Jam you often took the wee whenever I said Jack should be given a game..Get in here .

So young Payne was the business which I have even saying on here for 9 months...Give him the chance and he will deliver.

Now where is Williams and company.

To Jam you often took the wee whenever I said Jack should be given a game..Get in here .

Er I was saying Payne should play end of last season . So get in there yourself. Anyway, just because Payne is ready now doesnt mean he was 9 months ago.

What I actually took the wee about was Williams and I still do, he certainly isnt ready and to suggest he might be because Payne had a good game is absurd. Payne has at least delivered in the reserves, Williams has done nothing.

Yes its disappointing, but a draw even against 10 men is hardly worthy of a grovelling apology.

If the team hadnt put in the effort or had a really adverse result and got hammered then thats different.

But effort alone doesn't win matches, goals do. We have no Devine right to win football matches, but in two games against Wimbledon we have had something like 40 efforts on goal and scored 2 goals and tonight against 10 men for 70 minutes. Maybe some have overacted but it is all about opinions. Saturday is a big game, Oxford have been woeful this season and if we can carry on creating the chances maybe we will get 3, 4 or even 5. My concern will be if we lose 1-0, which let's face it is very possible.

Er I was saying Payne should play end of last season. So get in there yourself. Anyway, just because Payne is ready now doesnt mean he was 9 months ago.

What I actually took the wee about was Williams and I still do, he certainly isnt ready.

Re read what you said!..Get in there Jack!

Bring on Jason and get rid of the tired worn out pro's.

But effort alone doesn't win matches, goals do. We have no Devine right to win football matches, but in two games against Wimbledon we have had something like 40 efforts on goal and scored 2 goals and tonight against 10 men for 70 minutes. Maybe some have overacted but it is all about opinions. Saturday is a big game, Oxford have been woeful this season and if we can carry on creating the chances maybe we will get 3, 4 or even 5. My concern will be if we lose 1-0, which let's face it is very possible.

Yes but you cant expect managers to apologise for not scoring goals, which today we scored 2 of.

If the team performed very badly, ie got spanked and put no effort in then thats different. A 2-2 draw away, even with 10 men isnt worthy of expecting the manager to grovel.

Back