• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Against ten men for 70 mins. I don't recall us leaving Plymouth with a draw. The disappointment tonight on here, stems from the fact that we have dominated a game for a majority of the 90 mins, against weakened opposition yet somehow fail to win the game. Had we done the same against Plymouth as Wimbledon did to us then maybe the reaction would be different, but we didn't. But you can not hide from the fact that we miss shed loads of chances, the same as we did against Wimbledon at home a few weeks back

Your wasting your time as the know all's know everything but in reality know nothing.

Re read what you said!..Get in there Jack!

Bring on Jason and get rid of the tired worn out pro's.

What I would have said was if Brown didnt think he was ready he wouldnt start. I also said when we were on that bad run with about 8 games ago that we should think about giving him a chance.

AGain, just because he is now having an impact does not mean he would have done 9 months ago nor that means Williams would either lol.

Your wasting your time as the know all's know everything but in reality know nothing.

Hmmn, know it alls eh.

Dont get petty or Ill have to remind you of the rant you had earlier about us bringing everyone back for corners which we havent done all season. Ho Hum.

Hmmn, know it alls eh.

Dont get petty or Ill have to remind you of the rant you had earlier about us bringing everyone back for corners which we havent done all season. Ho Hum.

No you took the wee at every turn regarding my shout for Jack to play just re read it all,Now how can you be so urge about Williams?

Football at pro level is about giving youth their chance and Jack has delivered and if Brown does not pick him and the other young forwards he should go.

Yes but you cant expect managers to apologise for not scoring goals, which today we scored 2 of.

If the team performed very badly, ie got spanked and put no effort in then thats different. A 2-2 draw away, even with 10 men isnt worthy of expecting the manager to grovel.

I don't want or havnt asked for PB to grovel. I want him to manage the team, pick the right players and above all else sign the right players. Can anyone come on here and say that they honestly believed we had a decent strike force heading into the season? The fact is and I will say it again, tonight we missed shed loads of chances, at home we missed shed loads of chances. Something isn't right, whether it's the balance of the side, tactics or whatever. Fact is that we are not killing teams off and to succeed at this level we must do that. The likes of Bentley, Coker, Atkinson, Hurst, Leonard etc are all good players, but we are missing the final piece in the jigsaw and that is upfront. That is PB responsibility, we could all see it preseason, why couldn't he? If I'm right we signed Coulthirst off the back of a decent performance against us in a behind closed door game..really? We signed Layne who was being looked at by clubs bigger and higher up the chain than us. Give the lad a go, can't do any worse than, Corr, Barney or Shaquille.

Jam
Why is saying a simple sorry grovelling? Theres not a Premiership manager who hasnt said it incidentally to fans for some performances on occasion. . SORRY you didnt pick up on my joke, didnt realise you needed a picture to get the irony. Off to the Ministry of arguments for you.

No you took the wee at every turn regarding my shout for Jack to play just re read it all,Now how can you be so urge about Williams?

Football at pro level is about giving youth their chance and Jack has delivered and if Brown does not pick him and the other young forwards he should go.

With Williams, theres a massive difference, he isnt delivering in reserve games and isnt even getting on the bench. Payne has been delivering for some time and has been involved with the first team squad for far longer.

I cant be sure of anything about Williams, because like you I have never seen him, but I base it on those simple facts. I dont blindy hope he is going to be better than we have based on no information.

Here is my team from earlier. With Payne in it. Go figure.

.....................P.Smith

......White Prosser Ibenfeldt Coker

............... Clifford.......Leonard

Worrell.............Payne.............Coulthirst

...................... Barnard

That formation has helped me turn Southend into the biggest club in the world on FM, it cant fail in the real world.

I don't want or havnt asked for PB to grovel. I want him to manage the team, pick the right players and above all else sign the right players. Can anyone come on here and say that they honestly believed we had a decent strike force heading into the season? The fact is and I will say it again, tonight we missed shed loads of chances, at home we missed shed loads of chances. Something isn't right, whether it's the balance of the side, tactics or whatever. Fact is that we are not killing teams off and to succeed at this level we must do that. The likes of Bentley, Coker, Atkinson, Hurst, Leonard etc are all good players, but we are missing the final piece in the jigsaw and that is upfront. That is PB responsibility, we could all see it preseason, why couldn't he? If I'm right we signed Coulthirst off the back of a decent performance against us in a behind closed door game..really? We signed Layne who was being looked at by clubs bigger and higher up the chain than us. Give the lad a go, can't do any worse than, Corr, Barney or Shaquille.

Again your wasting your time.

We have kids who I believe will deliver yet our manager keeps them under wraps.

Jam
Why is saying a simple sorry grovelling? Theres not a Premiership manager who hasnt said it incidentally to fans for some performances on occasion. . SORRY you didnt pick up on my joke, didnt realise you needed a picture to get the irony. Off to the Ministry of arguments for you.

Id like to hear a sorry if we came away with a 4-0 defeat or that the players hadnt tried, sorry but that blame game and witchhunting isnt my thing. Disapponting result, deal with it move on.

Yes I want all that too, yet I dont need an apology for a disappointing result.

As for Layne, yes he could do worse than the others. He could be terrible. If the coaches think he is ready then great play him, but he was signed for the development squad not the first team so you have to assume they dont.

Again your wasting your time.

We have kids who I believe will deliver yet our manager keeps them under wraps.

Because your judgement of Williams is so much better than Browns isnt it.

Youve seen what 10 minutes of him? Sigh.

With Williams, theres a massive difference, he isnt delivering in reserve games and isnt even getting on the bench. Payne has been delivering for some time and has been involved with the first team squad for far longer.

I cant be sure of anything about Williams, because like you I have never seen him, but I base it on those simple facts. I dont blindy hope he is going to be better than we have based on no information.

Here is my team from earlier. With Payne in it. Go figure.

No you jumped on the bashing mrs blue bandwagon because you guys think you are soooooooo correct,Guess what I think Williams will tear defenders apart in this league but you will scoff at that and point to our current super strikers who are all past it in my opinion.

No you jumped on the bashing mrs blue bandwagon because you guys think you are soooooooo correct,Guess what I think Williams will tear defenders apart in this league but you will scoff at that and point to our current super strikers who are all past it in my opinion.

And you dont think you are always correct do you?

My judgement on Payne was far superior to your judgement.

Go figure.

As I said I was advocating he be given a chance with 8 games to go last season, and no even then I had doubts whether he was ready.

Just because he had an impact today has no bearing on whether he would have delivered 9 months ago. PLayers take a time to develop and Payne now looks ready, that doesnt prove he was back then at all.

Its like saying Messi should have played aged 3 because he is awesome now.

If I had said he wasnt good enough today youd have a point, but I put him in my team!

And you dont think you are always correct do you?

Well in fairness I am hardly wrong because every call I have made on here has been spot on.

Show me evidence where I ave called it wrong.

Remember pro football at our level is giving kids their chance because they have no fear.One more thing is if Brown had balls and played 442 with the kids I think we would absolutely destroy this league .

Well in fairness I am hardly wrong because every call I have made on here has been spot on.

Show me evidence where I ave called it wrong.

Remember pro football at our level is giving kids their chance because they have no fear.One more thing is if Brown had balls and played 442 with the kids I think we would absolutely destroy this league .

Yes of course it has been. Lets not mention those corners we bring everyone else back on which you ranted about earlier, which was wrong. Lets not mention how we wouldnt do anything with Corr and we needed pace last season and Loza was going to get us promoted and turned out to be poor and we then got back to the top of the form table using Corr who scored 7 in 15 games and not using 442. I mean you didnt get that wrong.

Giving kids a chance is fine if they are ready and Ill base that on whether the coaches think he is and whether he has delivered on loan or in the reserves.

Its bizarre you see a name on a squad list that you have never seen and are able to make a judgement on that player and measure him against experienced players.

Thats impressive.

Id like to hear a sorry if we came away with a 4-0 defeat or that the players hadnt tried, sorry but that blame game and witchhunting isnt my thing. Disapponting result, deal with it move on.

Yes I want all that too, yet I dont need an apology for a disappointing result.

As for Layne, yes he could do worse than the others. He could be terrible. If the coaches think he is ready then great play him, but he was signed for the development squad not the first team so you have to assume they dont.

Why FFS do you keep going on about grovelling or an apology. Where have I once said I want that?

As for Layne, if he did try him and in your words he was terrible we could add that to the list of PB striking F*ck ups couldn't we.

so we assume that the coaches think that Corr, Barney, coulthirst and Weston are ready to play and score but Layne isn't? That's going well at present.

Why FFS do you keep going on about grovelling or an apology. Where have I once said I want that?

Barry C mentioned the apology and I replied to it and then you joined the discussion when I had replied to it.

As for Layne, you are putting words in my mouth.

You said he couldnt be any worse, and he could be, he COULD be terrible if he played a game.

That doenst make him a terrible player or prospect, he wasnt signed for the first team he was signed for the development squad. We obviously think he is promising but that doesnt mean if you threw him in early he would cope, he may not. Its the same as mrsblues fixation with Williams. Just because they are different to what we have doensnt mean they are better. If they were showing they were off the pitch Brown would play them.

Yes of course it has been. Lets not mention those corners we bring everyone else back on. Lets not mention how we wouldnt do anything with Corr we needed pace last season and Loza was going to get us promoted and turned out to be poor and we then got back to the top of the form table using corr who scored 7 in 15 games and not using 442. I mean you didnt get that wrong.

Giving kids a chance is fine if they are ready and Ill base that on whether the coaches think he is and whether he has delivered on loan or in the reserves.

Its bizarre you see a name on a squad list that you have never seen and are able to make a judgement on that player and measure him against experienced players.

Thats impressive.

Corr throughout his career has never been prolific apart from one season under Sturrock and playing him as the lone forward is old school rubbish yes he had a purple patch at the end of last season but he will never score 20 in a season again..How many has he scored this season?

Friend of mine told me about Payne and the same person told me Williams was a star in the making,Having seen Jason play he was a monster and I tip him to go far.

Corr throughout his career has never been prolific apart from one season under Sturrock and playing him as the lone forward is old school rubbish yes he had a purple patch at the end of last season but he will never score 20 in a season again..How many has he scored this season?

Friend of mine told me about Payne and the same person told me Williams was a star in the making,Having seen Jason play he was a monster and I tip him to go far.

Star in the making isnt the same as being ready though.

The coaching staff clearly dont share your friends opinion or they would be putting him on the bench.

Id love him to come through tot he first team as I would any home grown player, but all I can do is base it on the facts, he isn't delivering in development games and isnt making the bench, so he isnt considered ready by those actually in the know, and thats good enough for me.

Yes of course it has been. Lets not mention those corners we bring everyone else back on which you ranted about earlier, which was wrong. Lets not mention how we wouldnt do anything with Corr and we needed pace last season and Loza was going to get us promoted and turned out to be poor and we then got back to the top of the form table using Corr who scored 7 in 15 games and not using 442. I mean you didnt get that wrong.

Thats impressive.

Have you ever played football ?

The corner routine is again old school and tried by old worn out managers who are long past their sell by date.

The club I currently play for leave 2 up top by the halfway line and an extra player 10 yards from the box which this simple tactic causes utter confusion to the opponents game plan,My gaffer is aged 28 and tactically is brilliant.

Back