• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's your favorite pint?

Doom Bar is on draught at The Bull, Hockley. that is good but too much gastro and not enough pub there sometimes.

Bombardier at The Shrimpers! I hope they have enough to go a round, and a second round and then a third:smile:

Mrs G & I have spent the week in Nth Yorks Dales; all very nice.
As is Timothy Taylor beer; we tried most of the differing sups and all are recommended; especially the jug poured at The Falcon in Littondale.
I am told it does not travel well so I haven't a notion of where to get it "down south" however it was available - try it!:thumbsup:

Waggle Dance in the Shrimpers today - was very nice!
Bugger! that is a reasonable pint and I missed it today! I was with a Manc city mate who came to see a local side as he has moved south and he refuses to pay prem prices etc - proper northerner; and he is allergic to alcohol so we stayed out of the bar.:sad:

Nice couple of pints of Levelly Gold in the Golden Lion in Rochford yesterday afternoon, although the news Barry Corr had given us the lead may have helped :winking:

Bugger! that is a reasonable pint and I missed it today! I was with a Manc city mate who came to see a local side as he has moved south and he refuses to pay prem prices etc - proper northerner; and he is allergic to alcohol so we stayed out of the bar.:sad:

Christ that's like an Eskimo allergic to snow.

Hawkshead Gold and Hawkshead Red. Both great pints, and remind me of the Lake District.

Had a pleasant couple of pints of Doom in my local last night - a rarity as it is usually poor - perhaps Sharps are putting some extra oompf in it to celebrate their 20th anniversary :winking:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one but I enjoyed it all the same.

Leffe have brought out a series of 'specials', and I can confirm the Nectar one - cut with honey and a few other things - is an incredible pint.

Back