• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I think this is our year again to win the league.
Weve got a lot of fresh talent in the side know with a strong bench to.:footballer:

We've never dominated in the 4th Division, however, we've always been a big club for this level. Sure we'll be there with a shout at the end of the season. Hope it's our year. Phil Brown has to confront the limitations that any manager faces at this level. Think he will get the job done, then be off, no problem with that. Love coming back and going to Roots Hall, reminds me of what football was like at all levels when I lived in England. Need to get out of this division, fed up with coming home and going to small dumpy grounds to support the "Shrimpers"

Who knows? Win a few, it's all coming up roses, but lose a few and people call for the managers head to be served on a platter.

If we continue the form of the last 3 games we will 100% win the league.

Unfortunately on the Southend United rollercoaster that won't happen.It wasn't much more than a week ago we had people slaughtering everyone and everything. 3 wins in a week paints a much nicer picture, but its consistency over 46 games that wins the league.

This thread is hilarious. Edge into play offs maybe, win the title..... No

Why? When we won league 1 no one in their right mind would of thought we would of won the league before our 7 straight wins. We have added to a squad which finished 5 last year all be it with a couple of excellent loans. Who's to say we won't get a couple more throughout this season? In my opinion we currently have a team who should be challenging playoffs at the minimum. It's a long season a lot can change for us and other teams too.

Why? When we won league 1 no one in their right mind would of thought we would of won the league before our 7 straight wins. We have added to a squad which finished 5 last year all be it with a couple of excellent loans. Who's to say we won't get a couple more throughout this season? In my opinion we currently have a team who should be challenging playoffs at the minimum. It's a long season a lot can change for us and other teams too.

No one at the beginning of that season was saying we would win it either.

We are in a great position now, but we all know we are capbable of flipping our form and going on another dodgy run. I hope we are still in this positition, or hopefully better come Christmas, but wouldnt bet my house on anything in this league!

No one at the beginning of that season was saying we would win it either.

We are in a great position now, but we all know we are capbable of flipping our form and going on another dodgy run. I hope we are still in this positition, or hopefully better come Christmas, but wouldnt bet my house on anything in this league!

Well i put £20.00 at 14/1 to win the League.
Payne could be our key player. 4 goals already.

I think we're missing a consistent goalscorer to really challenge in the top couple of positions. You look at AFC Wimbledon and although they're below us right now they've got Matt Tubbs and Akinfenwa who are both capable of at least 15 goals a season each. We've only really got Barry Corr who's capable of that.

I know goals can come from all over the pitch but having a sharp shooting striker really can change a team's fortunes and nick games which could be heading for a draw, grab a point to avoid defeat, etc.

However there's nothing to say we can't get lucky and get some hotshot in on loan later on in the season. I think we should be aiming for playoffs minimum but would bite your hand off now for 3rd.

Im not sure about the title but certainly the autos are in our grasp. Id be dissapointed with the play-offs

What did the Echo say?

I made this qoute before i read the Echo today.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...si-was-always-going-to-be-huge-at-Southend-Un

This?

I think a top three finish is on the cards, we must play around Payne tho without burning him out:unsure:

Back