• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the negative posts enivitably start coming in let's remember we are 5th and lost to one of the favourites to win the league.

Yep, lets be positive about this lost/ these loses! And you can't criticise if we win!

And like last season we can say we still in the playoffs and lose then as well! Shoot me down mothers!!

Don't wanna bash PB, cos by in large he's doing a good job, but how does he manage to go several games unbeaten or without winning ? We did it aswell last year, aswell.

I didn't go today but on our 4 match winning -run we didn't play well but scraped wins, still playing badly but getting found out in the last 2.

Very poor game, verbally very poor home support despite their numbers, very poor officials. The home team time wasted for the whole of the 2nd half and a chunk of the first - there is supposed to be an element of entertainment.

Football not good. Away crowd racism embarrassing.

I was about to start a thread on this but thought better of it. Felt pretty uncomfortable in the crowd when certain chants were going on. Am used to being slightly ashamed of my team's performance as I was today, but never felt ashamed of my fellow Southend fans

Very very very poor. All the experts who commented about Corr and Payne not starting got what they asked for. The first half was the worst I've seen for a long time.

Football not good. Away crowd racism embarrassing.
2nd this. Very good support for the team when they came back out at 2-0 down, but 'our support is English' from the multitude and '**** off back to Asian' from a lone voice doesn't make me proud to be in that number.
Bolger obviously had a mare but the guy shouting 'Bolger you ****' over and over is not going to help his game improve.

lost to one of the favourites to win the league.
If we're to mount a serious challenge then these are exactly the type of teams we should be beating or at least trying to beat instead of just rolling over for them.

If its ok to lose to them then a season of mid table mediocrity beckons.

Poor team selection today and a very poor performance.

2nd this. Very good support for the team when they came back out at 2-0 down, but 'our support is English' from the multitude and '**** off back to Asian' from a lone voice doesn't make me proud to be in that number.
Bolger obviously had a mare but the guy shouting 'Bolger you ****' over and over is not going to help his game improve.

Yeah I thought that was harsh of PB !

Personally I think calling this thread the post match one would have bern sufficient. A very poor first half performance and whilst only marginally better in the second I certainly think Payne showed enough skill and commitment to be one of the first names on the tesm sheet for me. I am disappointed but not yet disspondent altho looking forward to getting back to Southend tonight and then Roots Hall next Saturday.

If we're to mount a serious challenge then these are exactly the type of teams we should be beating or at least trying to beat instead of just rolling over for them.

If its ok to lose to them then a season of mid table mediocrity beckons.

Poor team selection today and a very poor performance.
good shout, spot on:thumbsup:

How long until brown drops hurst? He was awful yet again! Worrall must be thinking what have I done coming here?

the problem is that brown doesn't know his best starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back