• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You talk about service for Barnard, he missed an open goal from about 6 yards out..

Loved Barney as a player in his first spell but he is sadly past it now. We've done the right thing by getting him off our wage bill.

Yes the very type of miss that is alleviated with a run of games and a boost of confidence. Shaq and Corr have had more games and missed many more chances.

This move for barney is to most probley balance the books also with the two loan players coming in, right move if you ask me:thumbsup:

He got better as the game developed (when most of the others were getting worse). One for the future, but obviously nowhere near a start now.

Shock horror, Brown not selecting a young player not ready for first team football eh.

Just goes to show that just blindly calling for youth players to start out of pure desperation is not the way to go.

I would have kept Barney and played him as a front two with Lee, experienced pro next to up and coming new boy. There again I'm not managing Southend so it doesn't matter what I would do. I just hope we don't regret putting him out as I really can't see Corr doing too much this season for lots of reasons.

Not sure what all the fuss is about he was not that great the first time around!!

Good chance we get barney back after his loan ends and he will be match fit for us and found a bit of form eh:omg:

Not sure what all the fuss is about he was not that great the first time around!!

Who Barnard?

35 goals in 60 starts not good enough for you?

I never enjoyed watching him due to his style, but he was a great goalscorer for us first time around.

Who Barnard?

I never enjoyed watching him due to his style, but he was a great goalscorer for us first time around.

have to admit, thought he was great and those stats proves he was pretty good, although he may be nearer to 35 in 600 these days

I also think it's a canny move sending him to a club that will be playing against the likes of Morecambe and Cheltenham that are also on the verge of the playoffs....

Who Barnard?

Cracking player first time around - gutted when he left and left a bad taste in mouth because for me it was the beginning of the end if you like.
What is it with Southend and strikers of a certain vintage? Freedman,Harris,Eastwood and now Barny! Jamie Cureton still banging them in I see and Paul Benson scored everywhere he went. Mind you that season ending injury Blue79 told us about stopped him coming to us - according to his sources!

Sorry it didn't work out. Shadow of his former self.
Right decision to loan him out.
My opinion not obviously everyone's but facts are facts.(you can manipulate figures to say what you want I know)

Sorry it didn't work out. Shadow of his former self.
Right decision to loan him out.
My opinion not obviously everyone's but facts are facts.(you can manipulate figures to say what you want I know)

Totally agree.

Just hope he gets the games at Stevenage that he needs. If he doesn't impress and can't get in their side either, he'll come back to us in no better shape and where do we go from there?

Interesting that Layne hasn't been loaned out, did nobody want him? Or, does this mean we may see a bit more of him on the bench in the near future. Must admit, I've never seen him, Williams or Brown play in the flesh, but, with his reputation and having a trial with Charlton last season, Layne seems to be the one with the most potential.

From what I saw of him against Harlow I don`t see him as first team material for sometime to come.

Gutted for him, has played with intent and purpose whenever the chance has arisen. Corr looks lazy and Barney gets loaned out, go figure.

Totally agree.

Just hope he gets the games at Stevenage that he needs. If he doesn't impress and can't get in their side either, he'll come back to us in no better shape and where do we go from there?
Lee fancies himself as a bit of a property developer, maybe uncle Ron can transfer him to Martin Dawn :winking:

Gutted for him, has played with intent and purpose whenever the chance has arisen. Corr looks lazy and Barney gets loaned out, go figure.

Because Barnard has been as useful and potent upfront as a traffic cone. Glad he is getting some practice elsewhere. Been here almost a year now, no majors injuries in that time, had a full pre-season.....so when is he going to get 'back to his best'.....probably never.

Back