• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USA bad cops.

If the kid pointed it at them then the trained marksman ie the police could have shot to injure rather than kill IMO,Sad part is according to witnesses the kid pulled it from his waistband but never aimed at anyone.Look at Michael Brown assassinated in broad daylight.

98% of cops shooting dead people were deemed justifiable which if you look on YouTube many of those caught on camera were mad bad crazy killings by police.

As with every subject about which you pontificate, you truly don't have a scooby doo.

Some Facts About the Michael Brown Shooting

The first question should be, why has a child got a replica gun in the first place? Is it peer pressure from the society he lives in that causes a child to carry a gun fake or real?
It's a sad sad day when a life is needlessly lost, and yet society in a whole do not look at the whole picture just the where, when and how, not what could do we do to prevent this from happening again.

I am 100% behind the police on this one. If it had been a younger kid there would have been a greater chance it was a toy or replica, kids will be kids and boys will be boys. Boys like playing with guns but by the age of this one have largely outgrown such "toys". It was far more likely to be a real one at this boy's age which is why they could take no chances. They had a split second to shoot, I am sure they would have preferred not to kill but they shouldn't be criticised because they did.

Riots/protests across many parts of the good ole USA as the expected decision backing the officer was announced.

Maybe those protesting or rioting do not have a Scooby doo eh.

No, they don't. They just want an excuse to go and loot and pillage.

Reading up on the Michael Brown case I have to say that I have to concur with the Grand Jury verdict - the evidence points to the fact that Brown (6" 4" and over 21st) was trying to rush at Officer Wilson (5" 5" and under 8st) even though Wilson had his gun pointing at Brown.

Perhaps certain people (and a lot of those rioting in the US) should read the facts rather than simplyifying it in terms of race, but I guess some folks will use any excuse for a free television.

Personally I believe the police are there to protect people. That includes children carrying replica guns.

In this case the police clearly failed.

Personally I believe the police are there to protect people. That includes children carrying replica guns.

In this case the police clearly failed.

But you could argue that they were trying to protect the other children in the vicinity.

IMO this is all down to the ridiculous gun laws in the USA. The police made the assumption that the gun was real. It's no surprise that they did that given how twitchy people must be around shootings in schools.

Compare that the here. In the same situation everyone, including the police would make the assumption that the gun was a toy.

But you could argue that they were trying to protect the other children in the vicinity.

IMO this is all down to the ridiculous gun laws in the USA. The police made the assumption that the gun was real. It's no surprise that they did that given how twitchy people must be around shootings in schools.

Compare that the here. In the same situation everyone, including the police would make the assumption that the gun was a toy.

You can't possibly know that to be fair.

If the kid pointed it at them then the trained marksman ie the police could have shot to injure rather than kill IMO,Sad part is according to witnesses the kid pulled it from his waistband but never aimed at anyone.Look at Michael Brown assassinated in broad daylight.

98% of cops shooting dead people were deemed justifiable which if you look on YouTube many of those caught on camera were mad bad crazy killings by police.

Cowboy fiction - sorry doesn't work like that.

You can't possibly know that to be fair.

That's why I said it was my opinion.

However, I do remember something that happened at my school not long after Hungerford. It was September and I was in the 6th form. Two people in the year decided to pop to McDonalds for lunch, and because it was a hot day they spent the drive back to school firing a water gun at people on the pavement.

Someone must have called the police because not long after they arrived back at school the police arrived in an armoured vehicle and used a loud hailer to tell the two to come out of the building.

Funnily enough the police didn't shoot even though they couldn't see the gun.

(IIRC the two boys were expelled, which I still think was over the top.)

Reading up on the Michael Brown case I have to say that I have to concur with the Grand Jury verdict - the evidence points to the fact that Brown (6" 4" and over 21st) was trying to rush at Officer Wilson (5" 5" and under 8st) even though Wilson had his gun pointing at Brown.

Perhaps certain people (and a lot of those rioting in the US) should read the facts rather than simplyifying it in terms of race, but I guess some folks will use any excuse for a free television.

Brown's friend stated the officer was in his car when he grabbed Brown and pulled him toward the car window,Brown was a giant so the action by the officer was silly and unwise to say the least ,A struggle began maybe Brown was trying to pull away who knows but the officer drew his gun and fired twice,Brown ran telling his friend he had been shot whilst the officer exited his car chasing Brown and shooting him at least twice more,The friend then stated Brown dropped to his knees but incredibly suffered two more bullets killing him.

The officer acted as judge jury and executioner IMO ,whatever else Brown had done he never deserved to die.

Brown's friend stated the officer was in his car when he grabbed Brown and pulled him toward the car window,Brown was a giant so the action by the officer was silly and unwise to say the least ,A struggle began maybe Brown was trying to pull away who knows but the officer drew his gun and fired twice,Brown ran telling his friend he had been shot whilst the officer exited his car chasing Brown and shooting him at least twice more,The friend then stated Brown dropped to his knees but incredibly suffered two more bullets killing him.

The officer acted as judge jury and executioner IMO ,whatever else Brown had done he never deserved to die.

It appears 6 further witnesses state the same thing which was Brown was surrendering to the officer with his hands up yet Wilson shot him a further 5 times.

It appears 6 further witnesses state the same thing which was Brown was surrendering to the officer with his hands up yet Wilson shot him a further 5 times.

And yet the coroner said Brown's injuries were concurrent with a man about to charge.

His friend also said he was shot in the back running away, and the autopsy showed that never happened.

Witnesses gave conflicting accounts of whether the 18-year-old walked, stumbled or charged, but according to the prosecutor's summary, the officer fired five shots as Mr Brown charged him, then another five shots as he made what one witness described as "a full charge".

That doesnt tie up with the friends account at all.

Back