• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought "the muppets" who started singing bankers or a word sounding like that to a group of 5-10 year old kids up in front of one of the boxes because they were having trouble throwing the ball back were also a disgrace to SUFC

I think it was aimed at the parents of the children who appeared to encourage the kids not to throw the ball back, well at least that was my view of it.

O'Toole can jog on back to Northampton. Williams can go back to where he came from. Not for that challenge, which I think was a fair 50/50 challenge, but for his woeful positioning.

Corr offered zilch the whole game, would much rather Coulthirst played today. Weston made a blinding run and cross for the goal then forgot how to play football.

As soon as we scored, Wycombe put on the pressure and ran through us time and time again. The first 2 goals were inevitable, it was just when.

Most disappointing was the bunch of Southend 'Fans' that walked out as soon as the fourth goal went in.

You may travel all over the country supporting the team but to walk out with 20 mins to go is a disgrace, no matter how the team are doing. True support is through thick and thin, no matter what.

Oh, and the muppets that thought it was funny to kick the barriers over at the final whistle, just give Southend a bad name.

Best bit of the day was the guy as the front who threw himself to the ground and acted like a fish being reeled in, made me laugh. He fell with a thump to the floor though, must have hurt himself

I dont think its a disgrace to leave early. People pay there money they can leave when they like. Most premier league grounds empty out about 15 mins from the end even if the team is winning.

What were they hanging around for? More goals against because we could still be playing now and wouldnt have scored.

Most premier league grounds empty out about 15 mins from the end even if the team is winning.

And you think that makes it right?

For me it's about supporting my team through thick and thin, not just when we're winning!

That's why I support Southend and not a premier league club.

I really couldn't understand people walking out 20 minutes before the end of a game, we want loyal fans not glory hunters!

And you think that makes it right?

For me it's about supporting my team through thick and thin, not just when we're winning!

That's why I support Southend and not a premier league club.

I really couldn't understand people walking out 20 minutes before the end of a game, we want loyal fans not glory hunters!

I stayed to the end but I don't get why everyone thinks it is so bad. A 3 or 4 down were are clearly getting nothing out the game, chances were it could have been more. If someone wants to leave early to beat traffic or has had enough good luck to them.

Any fan who left before the end cannot be a true fan!
Any fan who doesn't blame the ref cannot be a true fan !
Any fan moaning on here cannot be a true fan !
Any fan who constantly cries about lack of goals cannot be a true fan!
Any fan not attending every game and buying all the crap in the club shop cannot be a true fan!

:dim:

I think it was aimed at the parents of the children who appeared to encourage the kids not to throw the ball back, well at least that was my view of it.
That was my thought on it too.

I stayed to the end but I don't get why everyone thinks it is so bad. A 3 or 4 down were are clearly getting nothing out the game, chances were it could have been more. If someone wants to leave early to beat traffic or has had enough good luck to them.

Some of those leaving were on the coaches though, so they weren't going anywhere.

Any fan who left before the end cannot be a true fan!
Any fan who doesn't blame the ref cannot be a true fan !
Any fan moaning on here cannot be a true fan !
Any fan who constantly cries about lack of goals cannot be a true fan!
Any fan not attending every game and buying all the crap in the club shop cannot be a true fan!

:dim:

Got no fans.

We were beaten by the better team. They looked dangerous every time they went forward. We haven't for years

Very informative comments from those that were there, thanks. I didn't think that the Blues Player commentary made it sound that there was a 3 goal difference between the teams (sending off accepted obviously) but I guess you have to be there to fully have a view.

Burton on Friday now becomes more important and is a very big test for Phil and the boys. Hopefully we will have players back in defence which will make this result look a blip. I’m still really looking forward to the Burton game and I hope that the players will feel they now have something to prove to themselves and us when it comes to advertising their promotion aspirations. COYB.

Wiggy I'm actually embarrassed for you when you turn up on here quick-sharp after a defeat, it's no coincidence that we haven't seen anything of you over the past few weeks. To be honest I find it very difficult to listen to any point you make due to the fact that every remark that comes from your vicinity is very negative. You'll never change......

For the record guys I thought the JBW challenge was a red card. As frustrating as it is in the present day you simply can't go in like that anymore. If that was an opposition player we'd be baying for red, it wasn't a good tackle and I don't blame the referee for that decision.

Don't be embarrassed, how's this one for you........Bentley done the most ridiculous acrobatic dives and didn't get near to anything!

Don't be embarrassed, how's this one for you........Bentley done the most ridiculous acrobatic dives and didn't get near to anything!

Bentley certainly should have done better with the free kick, I wouldn't dispute that. That's irrelevant though, my (very valid) point is about you and not the team.

I'm pleased for you that we lost yesterday, enjoy your time on here over the next day or two and I'll see you again after our next defeat.

Think about it..... :whistling:

Hi. Wycombe fan in peace.
The one thing I don't understand is your fans singing "4 - 1 to the referee" and the complaints on here about the sending-off. If you dive in from 8 yards, studs up, miss the ball and catch the man there is no way on God's earth you are not going to get sent off. One or two of you may be a bit embarrassed when you watch the Football League show this evening.

Yep I concede that I called that one wrong, Williams did not win the ball (tho his foot was not as high as I first thought). Our gripes were with the soft free kicks awarded in dangerous positions and the massive inconsistencies when it come down to awarding free kicks and cards to the away team compared to the home team.

So after 4 wins on the bounce we’ve again found that we struggle to compete against the better teams in this league. We’ve also shipped 4 which to be fair is unusual for us. I’ve seen comments on other threads that suggest people are “already looking forward to the transfer window” – some clearly believe that the solution is yet MORE players, but I’m far from convinced – I think we have a perfectly good squad and if anything we need to trim it. Something needs shaking up though - I’m not saying sack the manager, but an injection of new ideas on the coaching side may not be a bad thing. Binnom Williams, O’Toole and Coulthirst can go back to free up funds for it – although the latter will do well elsewhere if he’s played as a central striker in a decent side.

Same old rose tinted b ollocks!

Thanks as ever for your considered response. I know you don't ever respect my opinion, I'm a "do gooder" too apparently, but I have been watching the Blues for over 45 years now and that experience gives me one thing you lack and that is perspective. Look it up.

So looking at the comments, the vast majority of people that are not "doom and gloom" actually went to the game and the other sofa fans are "the world end is nigh". Says a lot I think.

Stay on the sofa with your arsenal shirt on. You are not needed home or away. embarrasing.

So looking at the comments, the vast majority of people that are not "doom and gloom" actually went to the game and the other sofa fans are "the world end is nigh". Says a lot I think.

Stay on the sofa with your arsenal shirt on. You are not needed home or away. embarrasing.

Possibly the majority of fans do not even post on here?

Just a thought.

I stand at the back
i stand at the back at every away game I go to (last season was 5500 miles dispite being at uni in kent)

at 4-1 I went and stood down the corner so we could get out easier and get a taxi back to the station and then left with 10 mins remaining to get that cab

im just wondering to those posting about it, am I not a true supporter?

Back