• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peshawar (safe-thread no politics)

He killed his family, and I really don't believe he cried 'God is Great' as he did it. The Sydney gunman committed his crime in the name of Allah, whereas the US gunman killed his family because he disliked them. If you really think you can equate the two religions' murderous intentions, ask who you would rather have standing behind you if you were on your knees wearing an orange jumpsuit, Sheikh Omar Jihadi or the Archbishop of Canterbutr? I'm sure some wag will talk about how all Priests are paedos, and that they don't want a bumming, but I think they would take that over decapitation.
the wags would probably show a bit more respect than to get drawn into that level of discussion

It's Islam that is causing this

Actually, I think you'll find....

This has absolutely no justification in Islam.....even from speaking to people in the past with that type of mindset!
The very first command that the Prophet Muhammad gave, in the very first battle was "Do not kill woman, children or the elderly, do not kill animals & do not harm plants/trees".
So the idiots who did this can not hide behind Islam for this.

Also the ozzie guy was mentally unstable! He was involved in the murder of his wife, & had 50 cases of sexual assault against him. Plus he was likely to be Shia (he was Iranian) who are opposed to isis.... so again nothing to do with Islam (nor are isis for that matter!) Just a guy who should have been put in a mental ward.

Also the ozzie guy was mentally unstable! He was involved in the murder of his wife, & had 50 cases of sexual assault against him. Plus he was likely to be Shia (he was Iranian) who are opposed to isis.... so again nothing to do with Islam (nor are isis for that matter!) Just a guy who should have been put in a mental ward.

So Shia is nothing to do with Islam? Erm....no.

I am speaking on behalf of civilized man. That's why I'm not speaking for you.
Exactly. Go back to the opening post and remind yourself what the discussion was about - hundreds dead and I am uncivilised because I ask you what the hell it is you are on about.

ISIS and Taliban are inhuman and waging a war against humanity. They have murdered way more Muslims than people of any other religion.

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Sikhs - the vast majority are one of those because of accident of birth - born into it, taught it as fact, that is how it stays. A tiny amount of these use the violence and intolerance displaid in the Bible or the Koran or whatever and use it against us and their own. Go tell the parents of all of those dead kids that you now propose a religious war against the rest of their family - or pause for a moment on the logic lapse you are experiencing.

uncivilised am I? Have you finished lashing out randomly yet?

So Shia is nothing to do with Islam? Erm....no.
If that's your repost then you have completely missed the point in the post...ie. the guy had mental health issues.

And there's no violence in atheism? Isn't survival of the fittest a fundamental belief of evolution? Didn't the violent revolutions of France & Soviet Union occur as an opposition to religion? Please also see the violent implementation of state atheism by Albania post WW2.

Point is all belief systems have violence in their teachings, even Buddhists (see Burma). Being non-religious doesn't mean you're free from violence.

If that's your repost then you have completely missed the point in the post...ie. the guy had mental health issues.

And there's no violence in atheism? Isn't survival of the fittest a fundamental belief of evolution? Didn't the violent revolutions of France & Soviet Union occur as an opposition to religion? Please also see the violent implementation of state atheism by Albania post WW2.

Point is all belief systems have violence in their teachings, even Buddhists (see Burma). Being non-religious doesn't mean you're free from violence.

I am very far from being an atheist. I would suggest that you actually read that link. I do like your quote from Rocky Balboa but you are clearly a few pickles short of a Big Mac.

Exactly. Go back to the opening post and remind yourself what the discussion was about - hundreds dead and I am uncivilised because I ask you what the hell it is you are on about.

ISIS and Taliban are inhuman and waging a war against humanity. They have murdered way more Muslims than people of any other religion.

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Sikhs - the vast majority are one of those because of accident of birth - born into it, taught it as fact, that is how it stays. A tiny amount of these use the violence and intolerance displaid in the Bible or the Koran or whatever and use it against us and their own. Go tell the parents of all of those dead kids that you now propose a religious war against the rest of their family - or pause for a moment on the logic lapse you are experiencing.

uncivilised am I? Have you finished lashing out randomly yet?

Are you drunk? Get a grip on yourself.

Back