• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best strikers in the Premier league...ever!

Choose your top three

• Ronaldo

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Bergkamp

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Cantona

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Henry

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Drogba

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Zola

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Shearer

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Rooney

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Great poll! I went Ronaldo, Cantona & Shearer.....hard to leave the others out though...

There are some top scorers missing such as Fowler, Cole, Sheringham, Wright and Owen, though possibly the only one I would include is Owen.

No love for Van Nistelrooy? 150 league games 95 goals. Ball in net.

Did you notice his goals dried up after Beckham left. It seemed to me he played right on the shoulder of the last defender and Beckham would whip the ball right in front of him.
Beckham went, Ronaldo replaced him and RVN would make his run but Ronaldo was doing a few more step overs so the ball wasn't delivered.

Thats my coaching insight for you there - unless of course its all bollocks.

I think henry is probably the best ever Premiership player. They were discussing him on talksport last night when he turned the game round against Liverpool in 2004 so I had a look on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er5vVCVbVsw

Henrys second is amazing.

I also heard an interview with Wenger where he said at that time Henry was so good that he had to pull him out of training as he was severely ****ing off experienced team mates by running rings round them.

Did you notice his goals dried up after Beckham left. It seemed to me he played right on the shoulder of the last defender and Beckham would whip the ball right in front of him.
Beckham went, Ronaldo replaced him and RVN would make his run but Ronaldo was doing a few more step overs so the ball wasn't delivered.

Thats my coaching insight for you there - unless of course its all bollocks.

Did they? Got 37 goals in 57 games in all competitions for club and country the first season without Beckham and then 20 in 33 the season after before leaving for Real Madrid.

Cant say Ronaldo was a striker as he was a winger. So my top 3 are Henry, Bergkamp and Shearer (would have been RvN).

Andy Cole is always criminally neglected in these polls. Just a phenomenal forward, and far more devastating over a prolonged period than Michael Owen for instance. His career petered out quite tremendously and he didn't have the ability/inclination to adapt his game.

Having said that, the top three out-and-out centre forwards are Shearer, Henry and Cantona for my money. If we're going down the more modern route of bunching them as "attacking" players, than Ronaldo simply has to be included. He was unplayable during that 2006-2009 spell.

Andy Cole is always criminally neglected in these polls. Just a phenomenal forward, and far more devastating over a prolonged period than Michael Owen for instance. His career petered out quite tremendously and he didn't have the ability/inclination to adapt his game.

Having said that, the top three out-and-out centre forwards are Shearer, Henry and Cantona for my money. If we're going down the more modern route of bunching them as "attacking" players, than Ronaldo simply has to be included. He was unplayable during that 2006-2009 spell.

Until he came to Roots Hall and Lewis Hunt had him in his pocket. :smile:

Until he came to Roots Hall and Lewis Hunt had him in his pocket. :smile:

Lewis Hunt went off injured after about 25 minutes, to be replaced by Simon Francis. I can see how one might be confused as Ronaldo didn't show after that, but technically I think it was Steven Hammell(!) at left-back who had Ronaldo in his pocket that night.

Back