• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Christ on a bike. Do you give match ratings like that to be controversial on purpose? Thompson was a liability today and i was nervous every time he got the ball. Was at fault for at least one of Plymouths chances, giving the ball away far too easily

Have to agree with this sadly. I thought Bolger was a liability but then I watched Thompson today. I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere and I know he's young and has time on his side, but he nearly caused us some huge problems and gave away silly fouls as he doesn't seem to be able to win a header without climbing all over his man.

Wasn't there, thus can't make any subjective comments. The simple objective fact is, that in the short term, following our one point today, we require seven points from the remaining three games this month, if we hope to keep up with the automatic promotion pack. Thus, whilst we can't afford to lose a game we do actually need to win two of them.....even if it's by 1-0!

Have to agree with this sadly. I thought Bolger was a liability but then I watched Thompson today. I'm sure there's a good player in there somewhere and I know he's young and has time on his side, but he nearly caused us some huge problems and gave away silly fouls as he doesn't seem to be able to win a header without climbing all over his man.
Which is exactly what Prosser does. As part of a 3 man defence Tommo did ok, and he made a couple of really good interceptions, as part of a 4, he was even more composed. Wasn't the only one to feel like this, those around me said similarly

Bentley made 2 good saves after mistakes from our players in the first half. Without Bentley today we would have been dead and buried before half time

Bentley's saves proved the only bit of real quality from us today and was my pick of the players for that reason. The first save was outstanding and, although not as spectacular as some he's made this season, was up there with his best. Showed another side to his game that he's improved on.
It was no accident he held his position on his 6 yd line for as long as he did. I remember Gary Neville doing a bit on De Gea recently and how he now holds his position in one on ones, confident in his ability & at the same time handing the responsibility over to the striker. I wonder if young Daniel was watching?

Yes i was there !

Just for you here are the calculations.

Against Northampton we scored in the 79th,

11 mins against Northampton
90 mins against Burton
90 mins against Dagenham
90 mins against Plymouth
20 mins added time

301 minutes since last goal scored at the Hall.

But you said over 300 minutes without a goal. Not only at Roots Hall.

Frustrates the life out of me hearing OUR supporters booing OUR players at the end of the match when they worked their flippin' socks off today in keeping a clean sheet and getting a draw. Obviously a win would have been better, but I just wonder what people want? The game was exciting, those 3 or 4 bursts forward by Shaq in the 2nd half were all potential game winning runs.

Can't understand why people are being so over the top in their enthusiasm for Deegan, yes he did well, but he also played us into trouble on a couple of occasions. Didn't hear a MOTM, did we not have a sponsor today?

Considering we were playing against the wind in the first half, which, conveniently dropped considerably in the second, we did ok. McCormick, for them, had a great game. Overall, I am happy with a point.

Bentley - 6.5, couple of key saves
White - 7, got stuck in and put in some good crosses
Thompson - 7.5, my MOTM, thought he had an excellent game, really matured and in control
Coker - 7, solid
Worrall - 6.5, tried hard
Deegan - 7, good effort
Leonard - 7, couple of bursting runs and shots
Binnom-Williams - 7, again, did ok, the defence looked better and more confident with him slotted into central
Payne - 6, lots of energy but looked out of his depth at times
Coulthirst - 6.5, couple of wrong decisions, on another day he'd have had better luck
Piggott - 7, good debut, put himself about and showed promise

Subs:
Weston for Payne - just don't get it with Weston, game was crying out for Timlin's authority in the middle
Atkinson for Shaq - didn't get that either

Ref:
Did ok, one of the better ones this season, just felt there were some odd decisions at times.

You are vv gen with the players ratings I would only give Bentley > 6

Thought we were fairly decent again today, still not seen a tema bar Wycome and Luton away that I think are better than us. One clever signing from Brown and we will be right in the mix. I feel we have the right manager, enjoyed the formation today and I like the new loany guy. It's coming. Play-offs we will achieve and with that right signing auto-promotion could be on. Saw a mug in an orient hat today in ground, that shouldn't be allowed

Glad im in Melbourne , i wouldnt pay good money to see 0-0 draws week in week out , rather pay to see a thrilling 4-3 loss ,but then again most of you seem happy with 0-0 draws and a point gained instead of thinking its a home game so really its 2 points lost,i would take a 0-0 away from home as a point gained
PB should come clean on whats happened between him and Clifford, also should pick the team on merit not make it personal ,if thats what it is between him and Clifford

Like others I thought that Thompson was poor again today. We haven't got a decent centre back in the squad. With Egan and Socolik we were the form team in the division at the end of last season. When we were last promoted from div 2 we had Prior and Barratt in central defence. Thompson, Prosser and co are way inferior to those pairings.

Glad im in Melbourne , i wouldnt pay good money to see 0-0 draws week in week out , rather pay to see a thrilling 4-3 loss ,but then again most of you seem happy with 0-0 draws and a point gained instead of thinking its a home game so really its 2 points lost,i would take a 0-0 away from home as a point gained
PB should come clean on whats happened between him and Clifford, also should pick the team on merit not make it personal ,if thats what it is between him and Clifford

Agreed,

I gave up because that aint football to me,it's dour and painful to watch and lacks what makes the game so great...goals !

How can a bunch of professional footballers fail to put the ball into that massive target is way beyond me.

On the bright side we haven't conceded a league goal at roots hall since 25th October.

You are vv gen with the players ratings I would only give Bentley > 6

Without Bentley that 1pt would have been none today as Plymouth would have been home and dry by HT. To give him a 6 after those 2 excellent saves and no errors is a little insulting.

thought thompson stepped up well today and b-williams was as good as ive seen him since his first couple of promising games. the defence simply cant be as bad as some are making out. 10 clean sheets so far and only 4 teams in the football league have conceded less. these games getting a point may be the difference at the end of the season. Sure, the chances will need to be put away sooner rather than later, but at least they are still being created. no point in throwing the baby out with the bath water when the reality is, the side is pretty close to finding the magic formula.

thought thompson stepped up well today. the defence simply cant be as bad as some are making out. 10 clean sheets so far and only 4 teams in the football league have conceded less. these games getting a point may be the difference at the end of the season. Sure, the chances will need to be put away sooner rather than later, but at least they are still being created. no point in throwing the baby out with the bath water when the reality is, the side is pretty close to finding the magic formula.

No no no no !

Wycombe and Burton have left us in their wake so we at best are looking at 3rd,these draws are not good enough as we are now 5 points from 3rd with this team under Brown misfiring on all cylinders.

Our record against the better teams is simply woeful and we still have several games remaining against the better teams,being optimistic is fantastic and I applaud you for that BUT the truth is I fear we won't even qualify for the play offs and even if we did I cannot see us scoring enough goals to not only reach the final but actually win at Wembley.

Lets hope Corr gets 100% fit soon

He will never be 100% fit again. Like I said on here months ago, he misses training because of his back or knee. Sometimes he has to abandon training midway through. Why do you think he has got so slow and nowhere near as mobile as he was during his best season?

Think Brown needs to drop Payne who appart from a couple of glimpses of his trickery, he was non existant and with him in the team we only play one out and out striker up front when we aren't scoring at the moment especially at home! :thumbdown:

Back