• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think it'd be a cracking move for him, a club on the up where it's realistic he'd become a regular and not a forgotten young prospect. A step up in his career and good progression. Just a shame it won't be with Southend in the Championship, the two clubs aren't that different.

Its a good bid imo, but he can do better.

5th in the championship with the possibility of playing in the prem! I'd say that's a pretty decent move for him. Let's be honest if a prem club came in for him he would be a bench warmer. He needs to progress, I'm not sure who Brentford's keepers are but I'm sure Bentley would be first choice if not it wouldn't take long before he was.

Youd think if Brentford pay 500k for a keeper he would have to be first choice. Cant see they would spend so much on a player for the future.

They have Richard Lee (32), Jack Bonham (21) and David Button (25). I'd like to think that Bentley would be no.1 with them having those 3.

Would be a quite a sensible move for him with realistic opportunities of being a first choice near enough straight away.

5th in the championship with the possibility of playing in the prem! I'd say that's a pretty decent move for him. Let's be honest if a prem club came in for him he would be a bench warmer. He needs to progress, I'm not sure who Brentford's keepers are but I'm sure Bentley would be first choice if not it wouldn't take long before he was.
On reflection, maybe your right,he would at least get game time. Anyway it seems its not enough, maybe there be back.

You're going to be bitterly disappointed when we get nowhere near £2m for him then.

We always sell them cheap then the next club sells them for the better money.Hes worth top doller know. Hold out Mr Martin.Your going to need it to put the Dome up.

We always sell them cheap then the next club sells them for the better money.Hes worth top doller know. Hold out Mr Martin.Your going to need it to put the Dome up.

Thats because they have developed and proven their worth at a higher level.

Never get 2 million for a league two keeper.

CP tweeted yesterday that PB confirmed no interest/contact from Brentford re Bentley

Richard Lee is set to retire this year and I reckon it would be a cracking move for him really. Growing club, new stadium on the way, regular Championship football for the foreseeable future in my opinion, fairly local and probably a trebling in wages..

Bilel Mohsni?

Think Brentford would be a good move for Dan, great club and would give him a chance of first choice and some decent competition as well. Hoping whatever deal is agreed we can find a way to keep him here until the end of the season, on loan or by delaying the transfer until the summer, the last thing we need right now is to need to find a new goalkeeper and I don't see us keeping half as many clean sheets with Paul or Ted Smith in goal.

Back