• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5th in the championship with the possibility of playing in the prem! I'd say that's a pretty decent move for him. Let's be honest if a prem club came in for him he would be a bench warmer. He needs to progress, I'm not sure who Brentford's keepers are but I'm sure Bentley would be first choice if not it wouldn't take long before he was.

I agree that he would be better off at a decent Championship club that will pretty much guarantee him 1 team football. I just don't think Brentford are that club. IMO they're currently punching above their weight.

Do you really think he'd be No 1 ?
If I were a keeper that had contributed to my side being 5th in Championship , I'd be pretty annoyed / surprised if a 21 year old from L2 took my place

Brentford are punching above their weight so I would be amazed if Dan went there,I still think QPR.

After THAT performance away at Griffin Park in the cup a couple of years back , i would have thought Brentford should be stumping up £500k for Paul Smith , not Bentley !!!
:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Regardless of where he goes and what he goes for to me the most important thing is the sell on clause. I know it is obviously a risk, but I would be more concerned on the sell on(s) rather than the upfront fee

The big difference is the owners

Anyone who thinks that Ron is radically different from the majority of lower-league club chairmen is deluded. There are some better than him and some worse. His major sin from my point of view as a fan is his shortage of ready cash, it would be lovely to have a seriously rich chairman - but that can have its own drawbacks, just ask Hearts etc.

Spoke to a source i work with at Brentford he reckons they havent actually bid for him Nor have they contact the club.... but have had him scouted many times this season & last

Thats because they have developed and proven their worth at a higher level.

Never get 2 million for a league two keeper.

Closer to 1 million with significant add-ons and the completion of the deal at the end of the season (at least this is what I would expect). The deal will see about £25k invested in the team with Straker and Bolger setting the bar fairly low. I would much rather hang on to him...

and dan saying there others who'd want to go too at a higher level if they get the chance

Thats pretty obvious for any player in this league though.

Closer to 1 million with significant add-ons and the completion of the deal at the end of the season (at least this is what I would expect). The deal will see about £25k invested in the team with Straker and Bolger setting the bar fairly low. I would much rather hang on to him...

Yep 1 million would be a great price to get for him, I still think it will be for lower, we will see.

Thats pretty obvious for any player in this league though.

Yep 1 million would be a great price to get for him, I still think it will be for lower, we will see.

I put it forward as I knew i'd get that answer from you . light heartedness

If Joe Hart who was a L2 Keeper of the year went to Man City for £600,000 upfront then we'd be seriously deluded to think that we're going to achieve some of the figures quoted here.

£500,000 + bonuses and sell on to a Championship club would be brilliant business and a great sign of our youth system.

500k for a league 2 keeper is a decent bid, Ithink most think he is worth more including myself but I don’t think we willget much more up front, maybe £750k at a push. The deal will be made on add onsand if we are confident in his potential then we should be happy to take moneyrelated to his success. Brentford is a good move for Dan, letting him go nowisn’t a good move for us though, we’ll still be able to cash in over the summerand I don’t think keeping Dan until the end of the season is holding him back.Can’t see a deal happening this window personally.

If anybody offers us £500k up front, a further £250-750k in add-ons, a sell-on clause and a loan back for the rest of this season we'd be absolutely mad to turn it down.

Doesn't matter how much we get for him, none of it will be used to improve our squad. It will all go on debt/Ron's pocket/cleaners (please delete a you see fit).

We ahve already turned down a couple of 500K bids so this won't happen for that money , 750 K with add ons wil be the price in my opinion

Back