• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone that knows anything about football, would know that there is not enough goals in this team with Piggott and Cassidy
Who lack any pace.
we were poor today, and the luck we have been experiencing recently finally ran out
Major opportunity missed today
So disappointed

Bloody annoying !

I ain't saying anything else at the moment.

So 442 didn't work today did it mrsblue, I thought we would turn over pretty much anyone in this league if we played that formation and listened to you? Not that simple is it eh? did you go today by any chance? Probably not.

Well that's my 100% record gone. I wouldn't have thought it would have been this game.

There were no stand-out players today, Biniom-Williams had a nightmare, White was hoffing. Cassidy was our best and Brown took him off. The ref was totally useless.

Oh well back off to Australia this week, will be listening to the rest of the season. Probably a better idea if the rest of the home games are like today's game. :'(

So 442 didn't work today did it mrsblue, I thought we would turn over pretty much anyone in this league if we played that formation and listened to you? Not that simple is it eh? did you go today by any chance? Probably not.

442, with Jack Payne behind the strikers was the perfect system apparently.

Im sure Cassidy will get the blame for ruining the whole system (maybe he is only playing due to his contract?)

I said when this system was suggested in the past it's too narrow, shock horror it's too narrow.

Anyone that knows anything about football, would know that there is not enough goals in this team with Piggott and Cassidy
Who lack any pace.

we were poor today, and the luck we have been experiencing recently finally ran out
So disappointed

The thing is that Piggott and Cassidy as a double act have been providing the goals up until today. For them to do the business the rest of the team have to be part of it as well. Too many were off their game today, and whilst Teddy did nothing wrong I do think that Dan not being available affected the team in terms of confidence. Payne is a good player but he was not there today.

Much gnashing of teeth here in sunny Tenerife. Should be used to these setbacks after 57 years of support. Chins up.
Onwards to the next game. Coybb

Just hoping that I've won some money on 365 to cheer me up!

Main +ev was getting seated tickets for Wombles away! (As well as tickets for next Sat!)

The forwards are simply too slow !

442 requires at least one of the strikers to be quick which they both are not !

Stanley came and did a job on us and we offered very little.

The forwards are simply too slow !

442 requires at least one of the strikers to be quick which they both are not !

Stanley came and did a job on us and we offered very little.

You never mentioned that after the last game you said the goals were now flowing and we would get promotion playing it, did they get slower?

Who lack any pace.
So disappointed

I agree with you !

Corr's goal was the first from open play at the Hall in 5 games,simply not good enough!

You never mentioned that after the last game you said the goals were now flowing and we would get promotion playing it, did they get slower?

Pigots chip if only that had crept in them maybe it would have been different,When Stanley scored we knew it was going to be another bad day.

Indeed, its almost like 442 hasnt solved our issues eh.

No pace means we cannot stretch these wretched teams,that is my opinion and anyone who understand the game would know pace is vital in the final third.

We could play 442 for 1000 games and guess what if the strikers are not up to it then it becomes futile,simples.

442, with Jack Payne behind the strikers was the perfect system apparently.

Im sure Cassidy will get the blame for ruining the whole system (maybe he is only playing due to his contract?)

I said when this system was suggested in the past it's too narrow, shock horror it's too narrow.

oh it'll 100% be Cassidy's fault because he's too slow apparnetly. And yeah she hasn't mentioned that one about the contract for a while, she'll probably say it about JBW as well now we've finally lost a game.

Disgusting and humiliating defeat to the most tinpot club the football league has ever seen. Brown OUT! Today sums up why we won't get promoted. When it matters, we bottle it. Absolutely fuming right now.

Back