• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perhaps someone can tell me why three out of the top 4 teams in La Liga are in the QF draw for the Champions League but no Prem.clubs are? :unsure:

I can t imagine many Southend fans care; I certainly don't. I support England but I don't support the Premier League.

Back to Spain, just as things are looking up for Betis, they lose 3-1 at home to Leganés. Bloody hell.

I can t imagine many Southend fans care; I certainly don't. I support England but I don't support the Premier League.

Back to Spain, just as things are looking up for Betis, they lose 3-1 at home to Leganés. Bloody hell.

Since we're always being told that the Prem.is the best league on the planet,clearly something, somewhere, doesn't quite add up. :unsure:

Just saying like.

It's not the best league on the planet. It's far too overhyped, it's a stepping stone for players to end up in La Liga at either Barcelona or Madrid.

Since we're always being told that the Prem.is the best league on the planet,clearly something, somewhere, doesn't quite add up. :unsure:

Just saying like.

But are we always being told that? People saying they are sick of hearing the PL referred to as the best league in the world appear to be more prevalent than people actually saying it is the best league in the world. It's a bit of a cliché now.

It's entertaining enough (which is different to 'best') and while people would be right to say there are only a handful of teams who can possibly win it, the same is true of pretty much every top division in Europe.

Back to Spain, I'm hoping that tonight's Barcelona v Real Madrid is a feast of good football - so many cracking player on that pitch - and not a feast of ******* behaviour, which sadly has mostly been the case in recent seasons.

30 minutes in, plenty ******* behaviour, but a golazo by Ronaldo there.

Aye, we're a long way from the 5-0 performance that Barca gave Real a few years ago. There doesn't seem to be that ability, guile or confidence in this Barca team to achieve that, and the Real side are several players short of matching Barca in terms of natural ability. It pains me to say it, purely because he's a proven and admitted racist, but Suarez is the third best footballer on the planet and a joy to watch when he's in his pomp.

Since that 5-0 a few years ago, these games seem to have gone down much the same route as the Prem games between tightly matched sides and are much more about not giving much away, rather than capitalising on anything in particular.

The pass, touch and finish for the Suarez goal were all just incredible.

I heard they won.Good game was it? :darkcloud:

It was pretty entertaining. Usual array of players acting like they'd been shot after the merest touch from an opponent, but some great football as well and as Pubey rightly says, the winner from Suárez was an absolute gem.

Typical bloody Espanyol.Yesterday they beat Bilbo 1-0, (superb Sergio Garcia goal ),to leapfrog them into 8th place in the table.

Bilbao didn't seem too interested -not suprising after they beat Espanyol in the SF of the King's Cup last month, to set up a final against Barça in May and an automatic Europa league place (even if they lose).

Espanyol could still get a Europa league place themselves 1) if they can make up the 5 points they're behind Malaga

2) if one of the Spanish teams still in the Champions league, wins it this season.

Typical bloody Espanyol.Yesterday they beat Bilbo 1-0, (superb Sergio Garcia goal ),to leapfrog them into 8th place in the table.

Take that, JRR Tolkein!

Real Betis looking increasingly likely to be joining Espanyol in the top flight next year. Six clear of second after a comeback win at Barcelona B.

Juicy looking derby tomorrow night, although of course the eyes of the footballing world will rightly be on Roots Hall instead.

Take that, JRR Tolkein!

Real Betis looking increasingly likely to be joining Espanyol in the top flight next year. Six clear of second after a comeback win at Barcelona B.

Juicy looking derby tomorrow night, although of course the eyes of the footballing world will rightly be on Roots Hall instead.

If you'd ever done any driving near Bilbao you'd know that Bilbo is the Basque word for their hometown.You'll often see hitch-hikers with signs for Bilbo,for example.:raspberry:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilbo

(Agree about the derby but I'll be at the Jayhawks concert).

If you'd done any driving near Bilbao you'd know that Bilbo is the Basque word for their hometown.You'll often see hitch-hikers with signs for Bilbo,for example.:raspberry:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilbo

(Agree about the derby but I'll be at the Jayhawks concert).

I've got a good friend who lives in Donostia so I'm fully aware of Basque spellings for the main cities. However, you use both Bilbo and Bilbao in your post so just admit it was a typo.

I've got a good friend who lives in Donostia so I'm fully aware of Basque spellings for the main cities. However, you use both Bilbo and Bilbao in your post so just admit it was a typo.

No, it was quite deliberate, actually.

I spent a year working in San Sebastian, (Donostia as you say in Basque), so picked up on a few Basque words while I was there.

(I also have some good Basque,Spanish and English friends living in the region,two of them in SS).

No, it was quite deliberate, actually.

I spent a year working in San Sebastian, (Donostia as you say in Basque), so picked up on a few Basque words while I was there.

(I also have some good Basque,Spanish and English friends living in the region,two of them in SS).

So Bilbao was a typo then. One or the other.

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

:nope: Nope.As I said, I chose to use both.

Got a lot of time for Bilbo supporters actually.And their ground (at least the old one)was fantastic and I hear the new one is too.

Using them interchangeably within the same post? You oddball.

Anyway, we're going off topic here. So let's get back on with a lovely goal from Donostia/San Sebastián/Wherever...

[VINE]eu5ULHrMqUu[/VINE]

Back