• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Real Betis promoted in front of a bumper 48,000 strong home crowd.

Last time Southend won the playoffs, Betis won the Copa del Rey. These years when my favourite teams both do well are rather enjoyable.

Real Betis promoted in front of a bumper 48,000 strong home crowd.

Last time Southend won the playoffs, Betis won the Copa del Rey. These years when my favourite teams both do well are rather enjoyable.

Congratulations (on both counts)!

I'll look forward to seeing "Mucho Betis" again in La Liga next season.

Elche are relegated due to their debts. Means that Eibar stay up, which is a real fairy tale story for them, but can't help but feel that the ruling is a tad unfair on Elche.

Also means that my nearest Primera team when I'm in Spain next year is Valencia, over 2 hours away. *******s.

If club like Elche CF have the cash like the Premiership side get for finishing bottom, they wouldn't be in that situation.

I am keeping an eye on Girona FC a win Vs Lugo at home will see them up to La Liga for first time in their history when a year to that weekend, they had to win to escape relegation!! A derby Vs Barca & Espanyol is very much on card!

Annoying when a Spanish game live on Sky kicks off at 5pm isn't it? Due to the blackout, you can't see the first 15 minutes.

No more. The LFP have tweaked a few of their regular kick-off times and the 5pm (UK time) one has now been pushed back to 5:15.

If club like Elche CF have the cash like the Premiership side get for finishing bottom, they wouldn't be in that situation.

I am keeping an eye on Girona FC a win Vs Lugo at home will see them up to La Liga for first time in their history when a year to that weekend, they had to win to escape relegation!! A derby Vs Barca & Espanyol is very much on card!

Great result for them last night.Still have to finish the job on Sunday though.

Very funny video here on the club website (for anyone who understands Catalan or can read the Spanish subtitles).

http://www.gironafc.cat/ca_ES/

Last edited:
Las Palmas are promoted after their winning their play-off against Zaragoza on away goals.

Would've been good to see either side back in La Liga given their absence in recent years, but can't help but feel sorry for Girona! On a selfish level, Las Palmas makes my aim to visit all 20 La Liga grounds next year a lot more difficult and expensive.

Spanish fixtures now out.

Espanyol home to Getafe on 22/23rd August (a game I'll be able to make as it's a couple of days before we fly out to Cyprus).

Picked up my new season card today too.:thumbsup:

Las Palmas are promoted after their winning their play-off against Zaragoza on away goals.

Would've been good to see either side back in La Liga given their absence in recent years, but can't help but feel sorry for Girona! On a selfish level, Las Palmas makes my aim to visit all 20 La Liga grounds next year a lot more difficult and expensive.

Somehow I doubt you'll achieve that aim.The distances involved in away travel in Spain are huge (not to mention the cost).:sad:

Somehow I doubt you'll achieve that aim.The distances involved in away travel in Spain are huge (not to mention the cost).:sad:
Yep it's not looking likely! Still aiming to do as many as possible just as a motivation to go to visit different places but doubt there's any way I could achieve all 20.

Yep it's not looking likely! Still aiming to do as many as possible just as a motivation to go to visit different places but doubt there's any way I could achieve all 20.

If you think you'll make an Espanyol home game pm me.

(Derby with Barça on 2/3rd January +home to Real Madrid on the 12/13th September).

Espanyol's classy Uruguayian striker Cristian Stauni looks set to join Middlesboro (subject to a medical).:sad:

Think he'll do well in English football-even in the Championship.

If you think you'll make an Espanyol home game pm me.

(Derby with Barça on 2/3rd January +home to Real Madrid on the 12/13th September).
Need to have a proper look at the fixture list now it's out, though both sound tempting. Will do, thanks!

Espanyol's classy Uruguayian striker Cristian Stauni looks set to join Middlesboro (subject to a medical).:sad:

Think he'll do well in English football-even in the Championship.
And now Casilla as well! Interesting story in Marca yesterday about the lack of alternatives available for Espanyol, although €6 million isn't a bad deal.

Need to have a proper look at the fixture list now it's out, though both sound tempting. Will do, thanks!

And now Casilla as well! Interesting story in Marca yesterday about the lack of alternatives available for Espanyol, although €6 million isn't a bad deal.

I knew they'd turned down 4 million.He's a great keeper.:'(

Back