• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Another great result and another 3 points..Dan another record.

Over to you Guy's.

An excellent performance. Would have meant so much more if Exeter could have held out for one more minute.

Looks as though it will be another 80+ points a season with the reward being the lottery of the play-offs. For those who were there..............If that was the best home performance of the season, WHY have we never played like that before?

If we play like this in the play offs (assuming we don't make the autos, still only need Wycombe to lose one game) then we don't have anything to fear.

Well at least the play offs are sealed, but agonising that Wycombe snatched a 102nd minute winner!

Anyone who thinks Deegan isn't a good passer of the ball and is a defensive midfielder needed to be there tonight. Mopped up in front of the back four, won numerous tackles, got into advanced positions plenty of times and played the pass of the match, an equisite ball taking 2 defenders out of the game, to McLaughlin, who duly scored

Looks as though it will be another 80+ points a season with the reward being the lottery of the play-offs. For those who were there..............If that was the best home performance of the season, WHY have we never played like that before?

For me it was the pace of the strikers and wingers, two strikers with pace means we had the confidence to play through balls all night which worked out time and time again. No offense to Leonard but we looked worse once he came on think the midfield combination we used tonight was creative and played precise passes all night (something I never thought I'd say about Deegan).

Anyone who thinks Deegan isn't a good passer of the ball and is a defensive midfielder needed to be there tonight. Mopped up in front of the back four, won numerous tackles, got into advanced positions plenty of times and played the pass of the match, an equisite ball taking 2 defenders out of the game, to McLaughlin, who duly scored

Im a big Deegan fan but I thought he was shocking first half, giving the ball away, falling over it, falling over without it.

However different story 2nd half and the assist was quality and he was far better all round.

Well at least the play offs are sealed, but agonising that Wycombe snatched a 102nd minute winner!

Wycombe result was a sickener, that effectively kills our chances with their last kick of the game. Think we now need to get 10 points out of 12 minimum, and thats relying on them only getting 4 points.

Im a big Deegan fan but I thought he was shocking first half, giving the ball away, falling over it, falling over without it.

However different story 2nd half and the assist was quality and he was far better all round.

I'm wondering if the he had the wrong boots on. I noticed a couple of our players went over a couple of times in the first half, maybe they swapped boots at half time.

Also, Bolger was strong again tonight, apart from the first 10 mins, he won everything in the air and nobody, not even Barrett was going to stop him getting that header in for the goal

for me best home performance of the season, shame about Wycombe and Bury winning again. Why oh why did we leave it too late!

Thought Brown had a very good game tactically tonight. Clever sub towards the end to bring on Williams. Their left back had some real pace and had started giving White some trouble which Williams mopped up with his pace. Leonard looked a shade of his usual self and with Deegans second half performance he will be keeping his shirt. Felt resting Corr was a good move and we managed to score 2 goals.

Worrall looked eger once he came on but can't see the side changing much for the Exeter, perhaps CORR for Cassidy.

Happy days.

Wembley beckons !

The boys have hit form at the right time,Day out in London and watch us steam roll whoever we get,Phil keep the brakes off and let them play.

Autos are still there but a big ask.

Thought Brown had a very good game tactically tonight. Clever sub towards the end to bring on Williams. Their left back had some real pace and had started giving White some trouble which Williams mopped up with his pace. Leonard looked a shade of his usual self and with Deegans second half performance he will be keeping his shirt. Felt resting Corr was a good move and we managed to score 2 goals.

Worrall looked eger once he came on but can't see the side changing much for the Exeter, perhaps CORR for Cassidy.

Happy days.

White was injured, wasn't a tactical sub. Could be out for 2 weeks. Lennie will play RB with Deegan staying CM. I don't want Williams anywhere near the RB slot again, a massive liability there

I'm wondering if the he had the wrong boots on. I noticed a couple of our players went over a couple of times in the first half, maybe they swapped boots at half time.

Also, Bolger was strong again tonight, apart from the first 10 mins, he won everything in the air and nobody, not even Barrett was going to stop him getting that header in for the goal

I did wonder that myself regarding the falling over, but it wasnt just that, he just had a bad half, but certainly much better after the break. His assist was one of the passes of the game,best one in the first half hit long for McLaughin topped it which would have been a fantastic move if Piggot I think had converted the resulting cross. Cant remember who played that though.

Bolger was very good again. Thought him and Barrett had a few Keystone cops moments at the end though, luckily game was well won by then.

Back