• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very true, yet we have slid down the form table since doing so and lost pace with the top teams.

You get promoted getting points, not by how many goals you score, and since changing to 442 we have scored plenty without picking up as many points.

I personally prefer 442 and like the fact we score goals, but it hasnt helped our promotion push.

Nor has it helped reverting to 4-5-1 in some of the games we started 4-4-2 and allowing possible points to slip away.

No, just a guy speaking the simple truth. The Brown haters are being made to look silly at the moment, and long may that continue.

Do you really believe that? There are plenty of people out here classed as Brown haters, who simply see through his limited tactical ability to score goals. I'm still reflecting on yesterday and first half we were absolutely dreadful. As bad as anything I have seen at home this season. Improvement in the second half and for once his substitutions worked but almost every time he has introduced Weston this season it has not worked. My judgement of Brown will be on the final outcome this season. If he gets us up he has been successful. If he doesn't he will have failed especially with the lack of entertainment.

I cant dispute his ability to grind out clean sheets but that hasn't been enough to win the games needed to put us in the top three for any concerted period. Whilst we still have chance this season to make it automatically surely only a real optimist can see us winning at Bury, and then following up with wins over Luton and Morecambe. Not saying we won't do it but probability says we won't given results against top sides this season. We just aren't creative enough and nil nil draws are largely meaningless now unless we fancy going up via the playoffs on penalties.

You tag me as a brown hater which is ridiculous as I genuinely like the bloke and I want him to succeed more than anything. I just don't think he will. Hope I am proved wrong.

If the cap fits Magnum, 'tis not I that have tagged you a "Brown hater".

In the same way as Mourinho is grinding out results in the Prem with Chelsea, as long as we get the right result, personally, I am happy with his tactics the majority of the time. Sure there are times when I feel there might have been better options (like bringing JB-W coming on at RB when JW went off last Tuesday) that's simply disagreeing.

I still stick by my feelings, if he fails to get us promotion he has to go.

If we miss out on the top 3 on goal difference will the 'haters' still look silly?

Do you really believe that? There are plenty of people out here classed as Brown haters, who simply see through his limited tactical ability to score goals. I'm still reflecting on yesterday and first half we were absolutely dreadful. As bad as anything I have seen at home this season. Improvement in the second half and for once his substitutions worked but almost every time he has introduced Weston this season it has not worked. My judgement of Brown will be on the final outcome this season. If he gets us up he has been successful. If he doesn't he will have failed especially with the lack of entertainment.

I cant dispute his ability to grind out clean sheets but that hasn't been enough to win the games needed to put us in the top three for any concerted period. Whilst we still have chance this season to make it automatically surely only a real optimist can see us winning at Bury, and then following up with wins over Luton and Morecambe. Not saying we won't do it but probability says we won't given results against top sides this season. We just aren't creative enough and nil nil draws are largely meaningless now unless we fancy going up via the playoffs on penalties.

You tag me as a brown hater which is ridiculous as I genuinely like the bloke and I want him to succeed more than anything. I just don't think he will. Hope I am proved wrong.

Perfectly put and I agree with every word

Unfortunately for Brown, this great run maybe just be too late, some of his tactics for most of the season have been very negative and most of the football especially at home had been atrocious

I still stick by my feelings, if he fails to get us promotion he has to go.[/QUOTE]

Why? What would we gain. There are three current threads all to do with PB going with very few sensible suggestion as a replacement. If we sack Brown then our credibility goes down and with out doubt we will lose players.

A club with no money to spend on transfers or high wages, remember we are 11th in the L2 financial standings. The likes of Darren Ferguson would be just cueing up for this job. I know a lot shrimpers think its beneath them to be in this division but we are actually punching above our weight [present circumstances] by challenging for promotion.

I still stick by my feelings, if he fails to get us promotion he has to go.[/QUOTE]

Why? What would we gain. There are three current threads all to do with PB going with very few sensible suggestion as a replacement. If we sack Brown then our credibility goes down and with out doubt we will lose players.

A club with no money to spend on transfers or high wages, remember we are 11th in the L2 financial standings. The likes of Darren Ferguson would be just cueing up for this job. I know a lot shrimpers think its beneath them to be in this division but we are actually punching above our weight [present circumstances] by challenging for promotion.

RM has given PB the funds he needed to get us out of this division this season. He has backed PB to the hilt and there's only one reason we wouldn't get promoted and that's the tactics PB displayed for 2/3rds of the season. Having swallowed his pride and reverted to a formation that can win games and is using the correct playing staff in the correct positions, we are flying. Too little too late I fear though

RM has given PB the funds he needed to get us out of this division this season. He has backed PB to the hilt and there's only one reason we wouldn't get promoted and that's the tactics PB displayed for 2/3rds of the season. Having swallowed his pride and reverted to a formation that can win games and is using the correct playing staff in the correct positions, we are flying. Too little too late I fear though

Yep spot on !

From the first game if we had done the above we Imo would be challenging for the title.

If we were the only team that wanted to get out of the league maybe sufficient funding would be enough but if we are 11th in the financial table that means there's 10 other clubs also giving their managers the funds needed to get out of the league, and 11 teams aren't allowed to go up. I imagine teams like Portsmouth and Luton gave their managers far more funds to get out of the league and have failed to finish above us.

I still stick by my feelings, if he fails to get us promotion he has to go.

I can't see any sense in this, we are on course for a points tally in excess of 80 this season, hardly the basis for sacking a manager. And who could we get in that could do any better? Like all managers Brown does make mistakes but it is extremely difficult to achieve automatic promotion from this division, something we have not achieved in our last 10 attempts, even Tilly couldn't manage it and neither could Sturrock. We have improved on last season, even if we don't go up this year if Brown and the bulk of the squad remain here we will be strong next year. If the manager is fired, there is likely to be an exodus of players and another rebuilding job is required, an all likelihood we will just end up going round in circles. I think continuity is of paramount importance.

This is a fantastic zone myth. Ron has not got the funds to compete with other clubs in this league even if he wanted to. After all our recent history I find it quite funny that uncle Ron can still fool a lot of people. The question is does Ron even want/need promotion until the stadium. Losing at Wembley would be the best scenario for RM.

The fact that we as a club including the great Barry Corr were rubbish in front of goal for half a season had more to do with ability than tactics.

This is a fantastic zone myth. Ron has not got the funds to compete with other clubs in this league even if he wanted to. After all our recent history I find it quite funny that uncle Ron can still fool a lot of people. The question is does Ron even want/need promotion until the stadium. Losing at Wembley would be the best scenario for RM.

The fact that we as a club including the great Barry Corr were rubbish in front of goal for half a season had more to do with ability than tactics.

Rubbish. Corr was left on his own for so many games in a useless 451/433 formation that didn't workl. The poor tactics of Brown is the reason we haven't been promoted already

No tactics play the ultimate part as to where you want to be,Corr up front on his own was mental with little hope of success for him or the club.

I have often pondered if Ron really wants promotion too!

Back