• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wakes123

Manager⭐
We have just won the last 7/8 games going into the playoffs...how dare anyone say we have bottled it, the possibility of automatics was unthinkable a month ago.

Still believe.

We have just won the last 7/8 games going into the playoffs...how dare anyone say we have bottled it, the possibility of automatics was unthinkable a month ago.

Still believe.
The automatic place was unthinkable and so it proved, just as Brown forecast.
Not sure we bottled it but they certainly looked nervy, maybe from the early goal where our defence was shredded so easily.

A winning run had to end some time and We'd run out of games we could afford to lose. Us beating bury gave them the shot in the arm to win their remaining two games. But logic says that despite the crushing disappointment of yesterday we had barely been in the autos all season. The mindset for the club for the playoffs must be that this scenario was more likely and the play-off is there to be won. Wycombe on the other hand should be hurting given where they have been in the table most of the season

Still believe.

What are you on about? Jimmy White got to the final at the Crucible many times winning loads of matches on the way but when it came to the most important match, the final, he always crumbled very much like we did yesterday. That my friend is known as bottling it, it matters not how many you win along the way, winning the big ones at the end is the important thing and we do not and have not for some time!

What are you on about? Jimmy White got to the final at the Crucible many times winning loads of matches on the way but when it came to the most important match, the final, he always crumbled very much like we did yesterday. That my friend is known as bottling it, it matters not how many you win along the way, winning the big ones at the end is the important thing and we do not and have not for some time!

Bury and Luton were just as important and we won those, or is every defeat because of bottle!!

The start of the second half we were all over Morecombe, but they broke away and we conceeded a sloppy goal - we then went for it and left space that they exploited.

There was no lack of bottle.

So you are ruling out the possibility that Jimmy White simply lost to better players in those finals. He wasn't the best player, that's why he never won. If I'd played Steve Davis in the final I'd have lost too. Would that be because I bottled it too? Ridiculous example and ridiculous point.

But to be clear, whenever a team loses a big game, it has nothing to do with the opposition, luck or anything else? It's because they've bottled it? Do I have that right?

I think its a huge ask especially as seeing how the players looked at the end of the game, however it's not impossible and we've lost once in our last 8 games. I'm not sure it was down to bottle because if we didn't have the bottle we wouldn't have won the last 7 games. oh well never the less it's happened now, so roll on next Sunday at Stevenage!

We spent ONE WEEK in the autos, why do people think we had some divine right to getting automatic promotion? Of course it would have been our preferred option but other teams probably deserved it more on paper. I'd prefer a new idea though, didn't we have #wegoagain last year, and look how that turned out?

Let's overcome Stevenage and hopefully have a day out at Wembley. No point focusing on Morcambe as that's done, and we still have plenty to play for. We are the in form team in the country over the last 8 games and the other 3 sides will be fearing us! Hopefully Cassidy is fit and we can revert to our usual formation that has worked so well of late. It's not the option we would have picked at 3pm yesterday, but it's still a pretty exciting position to find ourselves in. Momentum is key and we have that in abundance barring a slip yesterday.

UTB 👍

So you are ruling out the possibility that Jimmy White simply lost to better players in those finals. He wasn't the best player, that's why he never won. If I'd played Steve Davis in the final I'd have lost too. Would that be because I bottled it too? Ridiculous example and ridiculous point.

But to be clear, whenever a team loses a big game, it has nothing to do with the opposition, luck or anything else? It's because they've bottled it? Do I have that right?

This does show your knowledge of Jimmy White is low, he won all the other titles and was arguably the best player in the world in his hey day. But when it came to the big one, he bottled it, he on a couple of occasions he came very close but then let it slip away from him. If you are saying he lost to better players so be it but are you then telling me that Morecombe are a better team than us? We may of been all over them but didn't get the job done.

Anyway I am not necessarily saying we did bottle it, it is a matter of opinion however to come out and say how dare people say we bottled it is basically saying "how dare anyone have a viewpoint that may disagree with my idealistic thought of my beautiful football club." I love the club been there through the good and the bad over the last 25-30 years but I am also allowed to have an opinion, and the opinion maybe debateable which is why a forum such as this is great. However a forum is no use if immediately such opinion is shot down before any debate has even taken place.

Yes it does - if we had won 0 along the way we would be relegated.

Yes it does - if we had won 0 along the way we would be relegated.

No worries, sorry I took offence to your quite attacking thread and you have the only opinion that matters to anyone and your last post was not ridiculously pedantic. You are right and everything is amazing.

Is that better?

No worries, sorry I took offence to your quite attacking thread and you have the only opinion that matters to anyone and your last post was not ridiculously pedantic. You are right and everything is amazing.

Is that better?
Looking back, the tone of the thread isn't great (was still pretty ****ed from Mayweather v Pacquiao). Apologies for that.

I don't think my opinion is all that matters, my opinion is we haven't bottled it though without those 7 wins prior we wouldn't have been in this positions.

Fair enough, thanks for being understanding to my plight. I do personally feel a little bottle job was done as for much of the run, probably until the end we were never expecting to be in third with one game to go and we were pretty much secured in play offs so the team could play without as much pressure whilst also still looking for the win.
I don't think anyone could have predicted the other results would go our way during the run we had to put us in with a chance even before the Luton game.
Credit to Morecombe should be given but I think our nerves got the better of us. I hope that they can hold it together for the next 3 victories!

Frankly, if we can't overcome Stevenage over 2 legs, with a week to prepare, we don't deserve to go up.

I think I prefer to stay down looking at that league 1 next season all bloody northern teams
Much better stadiums though, the Ricoh Arena and the DW or Kingsmeadow and Acrrington's Crown ground... i know where i'd rather be going!

Frankly, if we can't overcome Stevenage over 2 legs, with a week to prepare, we don't deserve to go up.
See there we go again, Stevenage are a half decent side, we will have to be at our best to beat them over two legs, however long we have to prepare.

Back