• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prediction. Plymouth v Southend in the final. 30,000 Green army. Plymouth will win 2-0 .

They weren't playing for anything. they were guaranteed to finish 6th, there was nothing for them to bottle!

Ok, tell me what team wants to go into a play-off having been beaten? We certainly wouldn't. No professional club would want it.

Ok, tell me what team wants to go into a play-off having been beaten? We certainly wouldn't. No professional club would want it.
Of course they would have wanted to win, i fail to see how wanting to win with no real reward apart from a slight mental advantage that in reality won't decide who reaches Wembley and needing to win to get automatic promotion compare.

Anyway, the events of Saturday may as well be forgotten now. Let's hope we get to Wembley on the 23rd of May and leave as a league 1 side:thumbsup:

Hope you are right bud`s, nervous days ahead !!

Thought when we played at your place it was two dire sides although you should have had a nailed on pen at the time we were going through a rough patch not sure if you were? at our place two very good sides we were better first half could have been 3 up and second half you got your tactics bang on and won the game I was very impressed with your back line very hard to break down am surprised Morecambe got 3 against you but maybe you were due a fall! Thats football am confident you will join us in league 1 you have IMO the best team to play in Stevenage YES it be tough but I feel there the weakest of the 3 avoiding Plymouth is a good thing! I honestly want to see you go up its a great away trip and great supporters the pubs near the ground are good I managed to get in the home one(I did this by pure mistake) and was really made to feel welcome! good luck see you next season I hope.....

1st there was the Wembley appearance of two years ago. 2nd the play off games against Burton last season. 3rd yesterdays promotion game. 4th now with a possible Wembley final in reach, has a team under his managership the sheer guts and mental strenght to be winners, or are our team, at the end of the day, the expert soft runners up?

Time will tell. In my opinion Brown must be judged over the next three games. It comes down to the joy of promotion or the sack. :sad:

In my opinion, anyone who seriously thinks the team are bottlers need a psychiatric evaluation.

If we don't go up we will be in big trouble next season.
I don't think we would be in deep trouble if we stayed in league two far from it .
It would be just as tough in league one ,It's going to be harder getting out next season depends what happens in the next 14 days

I hope that we don't go to Stevenage being too negative. We went overly attacking at Morecambe, but we need to find the right mix. Previous away legs in recent play-offs we have been far too defensive and ended up with 1-0 defeats at Crewe and Burton. Then in the seconds legs at home we have conceded first leaving ourselves too much to do. We need to go back to Roots Hall with something this time.

I hope that we don't go to Stevenage being too negative. We went overly attacking at Morecambe, but we need to find the right mix. Previous away legs in recent play-offs we have been far too defensive and ended up with 1-0 defeats at Crewe and Burton. Then in the seconds legs at home we have conceded first leaving ourselves too much to do. We need to go back to Roots Hall with something this time.

Agreed.

We must try and win it at Stevenage.

I think u moans southend do well to get play offs considering we are a small team in budget also tilson was southend manager 9 yrs ago

Against other teams in this league I would say our budget is within the top 8. Luton, Portsmouth, Bury, Shrewsbury, Northampton, Burton Plymouth? Who else has a bigger budget than us? Maybe Carlisle?

We will bottle it, just as we have bottled every big game under Brown. He has one game plan and one only and that is to stop the opposition scoring and try to nick a winner. As soon as we concede we have no Plan B. The reason we are in this position with the squad we have is because we haven't scored enough goals. For the first time in living memory we have failed to score 3 goals at home this season - this from a team hoping for promotion! Whichever league we are in next season (and I fear it will be League 2), we have to radically change our approach and I am not sure that is possible under Brown.

You could argue that every game after the Burton one was a big game. We "bottled" 1 out of 8.

I heard someone at the game yesterday suggest that Ron Martin would prefer us going up through the play-offs as the club would make more money. :nope:

Then they're talking rubbish.

He made a very short speech on the plane on the way home. It wasn't very good or very eloquent, but you could tell from his voice he was extremely upset.

Back