• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From what I understand, keeping Timlin and Corr could be a lot more difficult if we are still in League 2, thanks to a certain Scottish manager.

Prosser is the one I think may be off, especially if Barrett does sign another year.

Spot on. I can see Bentley, Lenny, Coker and Worrall all leaving for higher division clubs too. We must go up

Spot on. I can see Bentley, Lenny, Coker and Worrall all leaving for higher division clubs too. We must go up

It is the players out of contract that there is more of an issue with, I think all of these 4 are under contract, although I believe Dan would go for money if we are still in L2. I heard yesterday that Bury are enquiring about taking Worrall back, which would also be for cash.

I put this question to see what reaction would result. It has been interesting reading. We are only 5th in this lowest division. When we play sides with very small support such as Morcambe averaging only 1,900. And we cannot ever seem to beat them. This must be a mental problem as well as a football one. We have had years down here and it seems some of our supporters do not have the winning mentality. Winners at football as in life are different, they have the calm clear sighted conviction of success. The hardest part is getting over the winning line, time will tell if Brown and the team have the balls for the fight to come. I hope so.

The players know its now a 3 game shot out form goes out the window.We should beat Stevenage over 2 games after that who knows

We will bottle it, just as we have bottled every big game under Brown. He has one game plan and one only and that is to stop the opposition scoring and try to nick a winner. As soon as we concede we have no Plan B. The reason we are in this position with the squad we have is because we haven't scored enough goals. For the first time in living memory we have failed to score 3 goals at home this season - this from a team hoping for promotion! Whichever league we are in next season (and I fear it will be League 2), we have to radically change our approach and I am not sure that is possible under Brown.

We will bottle it, just as we have bottled every big game under Brown. He has one game plan and one only and that is to stop the opposition scoring and try to nick a winner. As soon as we concede we have no Plan B.

How can you say that? We got the game back level after they scored yesterday! It was what happened AFTER that that cost us!

I think we bottled it yesterday. The pressure of the occasion seemed to get to them. Expectation level was high and they failed to deal with it. This doesn't bode well for the play-offs. The good news is that we do still have a chance. It will be interesting to see how the players respond at Stevenage next Sunday.

Why put focus on negatives right now....horrible journey home last night but let's suck it up and go again....The boys need us right now....do our part and see how the players respond.

And just for the record, Tilson's League 1 title winning season we only got 82 points.

We will bottle it, just as we have bottled every big game under Brown. He has one game plan and one only and that is to stop the opposition scoring and try to nick a winner. As soon as we concede we have no Plan B. The reason we are in this position with the squad we have is because we haven't scored enough goals. For the first time in living memory we have failed to score 3 goals at home this season - this from a team hoping for promotion! Whichever league we are in next season (and I fear it will be League 2), we have to radically change our approach and I am not sure that is possible under Brown.

We play 2 different formations for a start, Payne is also a Plan B (although I'm not sure is ready to be Plan A yet), saying Brown only has one game plan is ridiculous.

Sorry cant agree with this. It was his plan b that won the game at Bury !

You can't attribute Wembley two years ago to PB.
Why not? He was the manager, he chose the tactics, picked the team and played Mohsni in midfield whilst completely leaving out semi final scorer Leonard.

That's all rather irrelevant now but i simply don't trust this side not to bottle it (No idea whether that's down to Brown or some other reason but we will bottle it.)

Back