• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

in

Doesnot matter if 1 or 10,000 die

Unless you are anti British which I suppose is fair enough for people who deserted their homeland when they finally realised their dream of a Communist Britain was never going to happen..

Or even Southend in the WW1 yesterday in 1915 marked an anniversary when a Zepplin dropped 100 bombs on Southend

First person to be killed was at 120 North Road, Prittlewell just a useless fact to throw in

Doesnot matter if 1 or 10,000 die

And I very much doubt Southend was of industrial or military importance but hey, what the hell, it was only one of our own towns.

It was.The reasons are well know.Civilians were targeted.Dresden was "a cultural landmark of little or no military significance" whatsoever.

If you want to read a first hand account of what it felt like to be on the receiving end and to clear up the bodies afterwards, I suggest you read Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter House Five.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II

You can do much better than read about it. By supporting the Fire fighters charity, like me you could end up with the honour of meeting some of the last remaining Fireman who served during the blitz. They can tell you first hand what it was like to clear up the bodies, as in British women and children.

Just to remind you, as you seem to have forgotten, the blitz on London lasted for around 80 Days and correct me if I'm wrong, was carried out by Germans on our civilians.

There is a monument outside St Pauls to remember the 400 or so fire fighters who gave their life during the blitz. If you do visit and see some old boys in their nineties with tears in their eyes, I would suggest you keep your war crime theories quiet.

You can do much better than read about it. By supporting the Fire fighters charity, like me you could end up with the honour of meeting some of the last remaining Fireman who served during the blitz. They can tell you first hand what it was like to clear up the bodies, as in British women and children.

Just to remind you, as you seem to have forgotten, the blitz on London lasted for around 80 Days and correct me if I'm wrong, was carried out by Germans on our civilians.

There is a monument outside St Pauls to remember the 400 or so fire fighters who gave their life during the blitz. If you do visit and see some old boys in their nineties with tears in their eyes, I would suggest you keep your war crime theories quiet.

Or a chat with my father in law perhaps,that was what he did during WW2. He sifted through enough rubble to not unduly give two ****s about Dresden or any other German city at the time.

Truly stunning. A apologist for a war time bombing on the enemy yet never a word on the destruction of the cities of his birth. Patriot? Traitor more like.

So when will you be posting a link about the bombing of London or was that fair game?

Unless you are anti British which I suppose is fair enough for people who deserted their homeland when they finally realised their dream of a Communist Britain was never going to happen..

I'm sure you're familiar with the expression that two wrongs don't make a right, chaps.

Don't think I'll be posting on this topic anymore, as it's wildly off topic.

(Btw,Steveo,corny as it might sound,it would be far more accurate to say I left the UK for love rather than for political reasons.

I've certainly never regretted it,either way).

I'm sure you're familiar with the expression that two wrongs don't make a right, chaps.

Don't think I'll be posting on this topic anymore, as it's wildly off topic.

(Btw,Steveo,corny as it might sound,it would be far more accurate to say I left the UK for love rather than for political reasons.

I've certainly never regretted it,either way).

:hilarious::hilarious: Not worth a warm cup of sick.

(As I believe I've mentioned before), my late father was a Sergeant in the Royal Engineers in Bomb Disposal during WW2.

(As I believe I've mentioned before), my late father was a Sergeant in the Royal Engineers in Bomb Disposal during WW2.

Yes you have. I've also explained the military reasons German cities were bombed. Perhaps you would have preferred it if we had left the Nazis alone, so they could achieve the final solution or complete their atom bomb.

Yes you have. I've also explained the military reasons German cities were bombed. Perhaps you would have preferred it if we had left the Nazis alone, so they could achieve the final solution or complete their atomic bomb.

The Atom bomb is, of course,another moral issue.

Plenty of people, (including me), think it should never have been dropped.

Saying that, I'm fully aware that it shortened the war and led to a lot of allied (and other) lives being saved, (including that of one of my uncles).

The Atom bomb is, of course,another moral issue.

Plenty of people, (including me), think it should never have been dropped.

Saying that, I'm fully aware that it shortened the war and led to a lot of allied (and other) lives being saved, (including that of one of my uncles).

So..... if you had too chose right now, A) kill 80,000 people or B) let 2-5 million people die in the next year what would be your choice. And please no alternative answers A or B only.

So..... if you had too chose right now, A) kill 80,000 people or B) let 2-5 million people die in the next year what would be your choice. And please no alternative answers A or B only.
Why do you love coming up with spurious questions and dictate what the answers will be? People may not think in the same terms as you and your two options may not fit their thinking. It's a discussion board not a job interview or an exam.

Why do you love coming up with spurious questions and dictate what the answers will be? People may not think in the same terms as you and your two options may not fit their thinking. It's a discussion board not a job interview or an exam.[/QUO

Its not aimed at you. Like most Marxists your incapable of any straight answer. Which is the reason we will have the Bullingdon boys in power for the next 10 or 15 years

Why do you love coming up with spurious questions and dictate what the answers will be? People may not think in the same terms as you and your two options may not fit their thinking. It's a discussion board not a job interview or an exam.[/QUO

Its not aimed at you. Like most Marxists your incapable of any straight answer. Which is the reason we will have the Bullingdon boys in power for the next 10 or 15 years

*** is most certainly not a Marxist.

FYI,I used to be one.

No Marxist worthy of their salt would bother to answer your binary question.Nor will I.

*** is most certainly not a Marxist.

FYI,I used to be one.

No Marxist worthy of their salt would bother to answer your binary question.Nor will I.

Must be a horrible feeling to know all that ideology you believed in in your youth was in fact total c***.

I grew up in the CND era, Hiroshima was a war crime and all that.. But now we are both older and wiser we both know the A bomb was the right option. Saved Millions of lives in 1945 and who can say how many it has saved since.

Must be a horrible feeling to know all that ideology you believed in in your youth was in fact total c***.

I grew up in the CND era, Hiroshima was a war crime and all that.. But now we are both older and wiser we both know the A bomb was the right option. Saved Millions of lives in 1945 and who can say how many it has saved since.

Ha! I can remember arguing in a tutorial with Bruce Grocott,who went on to become Blair's PPS, that CND was still a "contemporary" movement, (in the sense of, of our time) back in 1971.

FWIW,I still believe in a lot of the ideals I held in my youth,despite the disappointments of visiting Tito's Yugoslavia ,Castro's Cuba and modern-day Russia.

Ha! I can remember arguing in a tutorial with Bruce Grocott,who went on to become Blair's PPS, that CND was still a "contemporary" movement, (in the sense of, of our time) back in 1971.

FWIW,I still believe in a lot of the ideals I held in my youth,despite the disappointments of visiting Tito's Yugoslavia ,Castro's Cuba and modern-day Russia.

I’ve only really started posting on the non SUFC threads in the last few months so don’t know everybody’s back stories. You seem to get a lot of stick on here and I was wondering what you political stance actually is now? I’ve picked up that you were a member of the communist party and a Marxist but seem to have softened and whilst still very left have moved more central. My belief is communism is flawed as it doesn’t fit human nature, a lovely idea in theory but not viable in practice, what is your take?

I’ve only really started posting on the non SUFC threads in the last few months so don’t know everybody’s back stories. You seem to get a lot of stick on here and I was wondering what you political stance actually is now? I’ve picked up that you were a member of the communist party and a Marxist but seem to have softened and whilst still very left have moved more central. My belief is communism is flawed as it doesn’t fit human nature, a lovely idea in theory but not viable in practice, what is your take?

Read machine gunning the opposition while sitting and smoking a large havana like Chavara or packing millions of to Gulags like Stalin and your getting pretty much there. Funny how the patriot didn't like Tito'sYugoslavia, might have something to do with them standing up to the USSR. Free thought you see.

First time I've popped into this thread. It's even worse than I predicted it would be. Great effort, keep it up!

[QUOTE

I don't think I'd have any problem agreeing with what I've bolded here.

FWIW,as far as Spanish elections are concerned, I used to regularly vote for IU (United Left or ex-communists) but have recently switched to Podemos and will be voting for them again, in next weekend's local elections here.

(As far as Communism is concerned,I take the traditional Marxian view that it's a pity that it never first occured in an advanced industrial society (such as 20th century Germany) rather than a backward,mainly agricultural country, such as the Soviet Union).

Back