• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's never been easier to buy a ticket yet there's still people moaning and whining, jesus just buy a ticket and go or shut up and watch it on TV.

Absolutely, Wembley looked rubbish against Crewe, just looking at about 30000 empty red seats. Someone said there was 48000 yesterday for the conference play off. Bit embarrassing if we don't beat that ! Can't see it somehow though!

Swindon and Preston have only sold about 20,000 each at the moment. So there is a chance the Conference final crowd will be bigger than League 1 play off final!
If two clubs that are bigger than us are struggling to sell tickets for the League 1 playoff final, it does not make our 15,000 or so at the moment look so bad.

I'm going to wait to see when more blocks are available.....

Judging by comments on the Preston forum (who are also using See Tickets) it would appear that See Tickets are reluctant to release extra blocks when cheaper seats sell out, even if that means there are only expensive tickets remaining. This is due to Wembley policy (stewarding/catering/cleaning etc).
Preston did originally have some Level 5 (top tier) tickets made available from the start, these have all sold out along with the cheaper lower tier tickets. Their official allocation was also 30,000 but that does not really mean a thing as See Tickets and Wembley put just over 20,000 on sale and will only release further blocks when they want. Their tickets have yet to go on general sale but as the majority of tickets remaining are all quite expensive they are not expecting a huge uptake.

I have a feeling that unless we all but sell out our remaining tickets then we will not get any further cheaper tickets. I suppose there is a chance as we must only have about 3,500 left to sell, but if there are only Cat 3 and above left that might put off some people from attending and yet I bet the official site will still say tickets are available from £26/£13.

Yeah that's pretty harsh of them to be honest, if you're taking a family and the cheapest options are Cat 5 it's an expensive day out.

Wycombe fans can only buy advance tickets until noon tomorrow, after that it's on the day sales only.

Does this mean that if we sell in the region of 20000 that this will basically fill the two lower tiers. If so at least it will look decent on tv rather than loads of empty blocks of red seats. Still think anything around the 20000 mark is a good effort. At least it will be a majority actual southend fans rather than loads of day trippers. In our group of 30 there are probably 16 regular attendees (ie us season tickets holders) the rest are friends / family who dont go everyweek but are at least southend fans

The cheapest available for us are the £40 tickets now, catergory 4. Was taking a load of day trippers but they aren't interested at that price. Ticketing policy will certainly affect the attendance IMO

The cheapest available for us are the £40 tickets now, catergory 4. Was taking a load of day trippers but they aren't interested at that price. Ticketing policy will certainly affect the attendance IMO
Yep and not many Cat 4 left either, so much for our 30,000 allocation which was really about 20,000.

Tell them it's no more than the price of a good meal and a drink.

Tell them it's no more than the price of a good meal and a drink.

well said! And tell them to enjoy the better view in their higher cat tickets... Come on guys it's bank holiday weekend - let's all go to Wembley!!!! Nudging 20k this time tomorrow me thinks - lots of Echo press in the next few days, I reckon the crowd will exceed some expectations..

I have just acquired 3000 yellow balloons. To spread them around the stadium if anyone wants them away from TBV singing areas (as Ill dish out there) and wants 200 at a time send me an address and ill get some posted out.

Back