• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GregStarz

Manager
I'll be getting the train to Wembley (and back) from Rayleigh, I just wondered would it be cheaper to buy our tickets now or is it not worth the bother and just purchasing on the day? I assume we need travel cards?

Don't think there's any reduction for buying a Travelcard in advance.

Does anyone know if C2C or Greater Anglia are putting on extra (or longer) trains ?

Interesting that according to train line.com it's actually cheaper to buy you ticket from Wickford rather than Shenfield!

tickets-Greater Anglia
You might want to consider putting up a separate thread to see if anyone is going from the same station and then buy a group save ticket. If there are three or more of you you save 1/3. It takes a bit of organizing, whether it is worth it only you can answer .

Extra Trains- Greater Anglia---- Nope
I just spoke to customer services. They are concentrating on the potential train strike on the Monday/Tuesday. . At present they have NO PLANS for longer trains or extra trains for the Saturday (same may be true for Norwich on Monday )

Might be worth buying the ticket the day before though. The queues at the station last time were horrendous!

tickets-Greater Anglia
You might want to consider putting up a separate thread to see if anyone is going from the same station and then buy a group save ticket. If there are three or more of you you save 1/3. It takes a bit of organizing, whether it is worth it only you can answer .

Extra Trains- Greater Anglia---- Nope
I just spoke to customer services. They are concentrating on the potential train strike on the Monday/Tuesday. . At present they have NO PLANS for longer trains or extra trains for the Saturday (same may be true for Norwich on Monday )

Good luck with that Norwichers, they'll probably be no trains at all.

I'm going from Benfleet. 2 Adults and one 14 year old. Would it be cheaper to get 3 travel cards or the group saver thingy?

Not too familiar with the c2c, i usually have to put up with the shyte GA!

Thanks.

Going from Wickford to Liverpool Street, and hopping on the Bakerloo line is it? Does anyone know the journey time to Wembley park station from Liverpool Street?

2 of us are going from Southend Airport station. Anyone else going ffrom here ?

Just to warn you guys, some of these Train Stations are using self service ticket machines. If you haven't used one before, they are a nightmare. So many options, different types of tickets or deals, with overground and underground involved. You need a degree to work it out. So get to the station 15 minutes earlier than you planned.

Going from Wickford to Liverpool Street, and hopping on the Bakerloo line is it? Does anyone know the journey time to Wembley park station from Liverpool Street?
25-30 mins on the Metipolitan line northbound

I'm going from Benfleet. 2 Adults and one 14 year old. Would it be cheaper to get 3 travel cards or the group saver thingy?

Not too familiar with the c2c, i usually have to put up with the shyte GA!

Thanks.

Yep almost certainly better to get the groupsave. Cost per person for a travelcard from Benfleet using groupsave is only £8.30

It's not long, I'd say around 15/20 minutes.

I'll probably stop at Baker Street on route to soak up some atmosphere.

Back