• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was using that as an example, Villa Park holds 42,000, ample for a League 2 play off. Wouldnt fancy Highbury anymore, a) the pich has too many plants growing on it and b) not much room for spectators!
We would not take 20,000 to Villa Park. If Southend v Wycombe was at Villa Park on Saturday you would be lucky to get 10,000 there in total. So still loads of empty seats.

We would not take 20,000 to Villa Park. If Southend v Wycombe was at Villa Park on Saturday you would be lucky to get 10,000 there in total. So still loads of empty seats.

Even so i would take Villa Park over the earlier suggestion of Highbury, least Villa Park has a pitch and not a garden!

I'd go to Villa park because it's a ground I haven't done before and would be nice to do it with the mighty shrimpers.

How many did we take for the JPT Final? If that total is more than this one turns out to be, then I have to question the sanity of some sections of our fanbase.....

Rubbish, I don't want our reward to play at the home of some PL team I couldn't a monkeys about. Give me an empty Wembley over any other ground to see us play. Kids don't get out of bed every morning dreaming of playing at Villa park...

I'd rather go to Wembley too but that wasn't the point of the post.

couldn't care less if we took 100 or 10,000 to wembley, as long as we win that is the only thing that we should care about

How many did we take for the JPT Final? If that total is more than this one turns out to be, then I have to question the sanity of some sections of our fanbase.....

We took 32,000 to that game. We won't sell anything like that number this time but we also had six weeks to sell tickets and for people to budget for it plus it was the first trip to Wembley in the lifetime of pretty much all Southend fans (other than Cricko). We were never going to outsell the Crewe game.

We took 32,000 to that game. We won't sell anything like that number this time but we also had six weeks to sell tickets and for people to budget for it plus it was the first trip to Wembley in the lifetime of pretty much all Southend fans (other than Cricko). We were never going to outsell the Crewe game.

Plus as others have said you had so many day trippers there that day. For example there were coach loads of kids from local football clubs, i know of at least three from the billericay area, who are not sufc fans but went for the day out. I would say a very high % of those in the 20000 or so that have bought tickets for Saturday are southend fans

Plus as others have said you had so many day trippers there that day. For example there were coach loads of kids from local football clubs, i know of at least three from the billericay area, who are not sufc fans but went for the day out. I would say a very high % of those in the 20000 or so that have bought tickets for Saturday are southend fans

Weren't the ticket prices a lot cheaper too? Don't remember the most expensive being anywhere near £60 but I have a short memory so I may be wrong.

Weren't the ticket prices a lot cheaper too? Don't remember the most expensive being anywhere near £60 but I have a short memory so I may be wrong.

Im sure they were similar. We are sitting in block 140 this year, last time block 139 but roughly the same row levels. Im sure i paid £36 last time and £38 this (plus 2.40)

18000 now sold according to Sky...that must be about it with postage needed, unless people can pay on the day.

18000 now sold according to Sky...that must be about it with postage needed, unless people can pay on the day.

Thought you could order on line still until Friday afternoon and pick them up from wembley? Or am I wrong. Some people I know we're going to do that to avoid postal disappointment and shananigans.

Extract from the Wycombe fans site:

Just spoken to WWFC re lack of tickets arriving. Advised that Ticketmaster are sending out the majority today. If they do not arrive by Fri advise WWFC ticket office and pick up duplicates at Wembley East Ticket office

So maybe people could still buy and get them at the ground bearing in mind cut off isn't until Friday?

Hardly any sold in Upper Tier block 552. If it's literally only a few hundred I can see them being moved to another part of the ground.

It was 18k at the start of today more must of been sold today I knowa few that are getting there's tomorrow as Thursday is pay day

Back