• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it is, or will be soon. perhaps he looks at it the other way around too though and thinks the best development he can get at this stage is games somewhere hes happy, comfortable and liked.

Thought he looked great yesterday. Very commanding and twice thwarted two goal scoring opportunities, racing off his line and showing quick reactions. Good kicking and safe hands.
This is no surprise to me as I saw him play seven times last season.
Although young and still much to learn, make no bones about it, this is a top keeper who deserves to play at the top.
One day, not now. Best place for him at the moment in my opinion is Southend. Regular competitive first team football.
His stature will only rise.
Many around me in the North stand yesterday were commenting how good he looked, he's known to us what with all the paper talk. Much of the chat was that he's well worth a £1m and that we should have got him and not Randolph, who made two howlers for both Southend goals, particularly the one that led to Payne scoring.

If we had stayed in league two he would be off but we didn't and are playing league one this season. I think a season in league one or maybe until jan and then he will be off as it will help his development and his stock to have a good run at league one.

Maybe we could sell him with the option of a loan back for the season?

If we had stayed in league two he would be off but we didn't and are playing league one this season. I think a season in league one or maybe until jan and then he will be off as it will help his development and his stock to have a good run at league one.

Maybe we could sell him with the option of a loan back for the season?

Has the season started and I don't know about it?

I think a season in league one playing regularly for us would be very beneficial to Bentley but whether it's in this transfer window or not its inevitable he will move on sooner rather than later

Last edited:
I think a season in league one playing regularly for us would be very beneficial to Bentley but weather it's in this transfer window or not its inevitable he will move on sooner rather than later

you are probably right, but our promotion to the Championship this coming season may make his decision harder.

The problem is the better he performs for us the more likely he is to leave. I think we should appreciate him while he is here and take a sensible offer when it comes along.

With the sort of mad amounts players go for these days..with Dan's achievements he must worth 2 mill at least.

I very much doubt we would get that from Championship Hull, especially with Bruce at the helm. Would be a nice amount though.

Hull have just had, or. Will get a parachute payment! We don't get those . Just because our tanned manager has strong hull connections, doesn't mean you will get him cheap. Up the ante Bruce and we might be interested!

Dare I say it, goalkeepers rarely command particularly high fees, do they? 750K may be as good as it gets unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong of course. Obviously we should demand add-ons, particularly a sizeable one if he plays for England.

If Jack Butland went for an initial £3.3m, then £750k for Bentley is an insult.

With the sort of mad amounts players go for these days..with Dan's achievements he must worth 2 mill at least.

Yes, I think you're right. But doing it the way I suggested adds a bit of insurance for the buyer, and we will still probably get over the 2 Million long term, and a cool Million straight up.

If Jack Butland went for an initial £3.3m, then £750k for Bentley is an insult.
Hadn't Butland already established himself at Championship level, though? I was referring to unproven goalkeepers on their way up from a lower level. I realise I didn't specify that of course!

We hold the aces. Can either play hardball now for £1.5m+ or keep him till his contract expires and agree a fee then with the highest bidder or tribunal. Hopefully he will have ano excellent season in L1 adding further to his value anyway. This all assumes that the story is true......................Skeptical !!!

Back