• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree that 750k is not enough, even 1 million would be a bit of a steal for a keeper whos young and is only going to get better and better. 1.5 million for me with a 25% sell on clause and a few other add on's.

I know he will move on eventually but I still would love to have him for 1 more season, but I would not want to lose him for nothing. Plus I always thought he would stay more local, but glad its not West Hame I would hate seeing him play for them.

I hope Brown is looking out for a new keeper and neither Smith's are good enough.

We won't get much more than £750k. Market forces I'm afraid. We're skint, we've been skint for years and the football world knows it.

Would be disappointed if he goes but far more so if he walks for nothing when his contract ends.

I agree that 750k is not enough, even 1 million would be a bit of a steal for a keeper whos young and is only going to get better and better. 1.5 million for me with a 25% sell on clause and a few other add on's.

I know he will move on eventually but I still would love to have him for 1 more season, but I would not want to lose him for nothing. Plus I always thought he would stay more local, but glad its not West Hame I would hate seeing him play for them.

I hope Brown is looking out for a new keeper and neither Smith's are good enough.
i would of thought he had another keeper in mind a fair bit ago with a keeper with some experience at league one level at least, I expect a fee to be involved also as that cash needs to be invested back into the side for sure.

Do we actually know that he is refusing to sign a contract?

Dan seems pretty level headed to me and not the type of person to hold the club to ransom.

Does seem to be taking a while though, then so are Deegan and Thompson so not going to start worrying just yet.

A full season in Division 1 would help him more than sitting on the bench at a big club. Goalkeepers careers usually last much longer than outfield players so he has years ahead of him. 40 year olds have played in the Premiership. If he did go maybe a loanback deal would be best option.

He needs to prove himself at a higher level (L1) and continue to get valuable first team game time at that level. If he goes to a bigger club now he will sit on the bench and his development will stagnate. He himself has always said he wouldn't go anywhere to sit on the bench. He'd be insane to leave at the moment, he can keep on building his reputation here with another season of first team football at a higher level, or go and rot in the U21s at a bigger club and be forgotten about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to prove himself at a higher level (L1) and continue to get valuable first team game time at that level. If he goes to a bigger club now he will sit on the bench and his development will stagnate. He himself has always said he wouldn't go anywhere to sit on the bench. He'd be insane to leave at the moment, he can keep on building his reputation here with another season of first team football at a higher level, or go and rot in the U21s at a bigger club and be forgotten about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hull are not exactly a big club though.

Whatever any of us think,Dan's agent is beavering away to either gain a big deal here or elsewhere,My thinking is the Championship would suit Bents and he will then go on from there.

He's going to leave sooner or later. I certainly didn't expect him to still be here next season.

We rejected it. So, not it yet. Double it and we might talk.

Don't see why Bentley would go though. They have McGregor and Jakupovic already.

Er.... Oh dear. This could be it guys

Hardly a surprise but I still think he could do better than Hull, but they appear to be the only ones bidding. Maybe it will kick start a bidding war? I'm pleased that the club have turned down the first approach.

If we lose him this summer I hope we can keep him in L1 for this season on loan or something. With a whole new strikeforce and a new keeper I think we might struggle without him.

We rejected it. So, not it yet. Double it and we might talk.

Don't see why Bentley would go though. They have McGregor and Jakupovic already.
maybe more of a chance of him staying here on loan for the season maybe:thumbsup:

Hull are not exactly a big club though.

Whatever any of us think,Dan's agent is beavering away to either gain a big deal here or elsewhere,My thinking is the Championship would suit Bents and he will then go on from there.

Indeed, Championship would be a great move for him.

Don't see him getting first team football at Premiership level but he could certainly get some at a club like Hull in the Championship, who in turn would have a chance of getting back to the top tier. Hate to say it but would be a perfect move for him.

Er.... Oh dear. This could be it guys

Now a bid has come in I cant see him being here for the season.

I'd be disappointed to see him go, I would have liked at least one more season from him, but that's football.

Ron doing negotiations ...

OneBillionDollars_DrEvil.jpg

Back