• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well in that case I think we need to be accepting money like that. It all depends how the fee is divided up obviously, but that sort of money could really help us build for the future*

* If we don't squander it, like we always do.

Well in that case I think we need to be accepting money like that. It all depends how the fee is divided up obviously, but that sort of money could really help us build for the future*

* If we don't squander it, like we always do.

Have we paid for the Dome yet? £2m that was right?

:whistling:

Realistically anything over 1 million plus clauses we should be looking at accepting, think of the players/security we could buy/have with that money. :blush:

Depending on the pay structure I can imagine Ron would want more of the money up front hence the reason he's probably knocked this first bid back.

Echo claim the club is in talks with him over a new contract which is good news.

I'd take £1 million guaranteed, would imagine Hull's offer is substantially add-ons as others have hinted at. Don't want to see him go but it's inevitable and the sooner we can get the money to give us the longer to rebuild the better. Would hope we would bring in a replacement. Hope for Dan's sake that he would be fighting for first choice at Hull as he's easily good enough to be playing in the Championship.

Still would like to keep him for just one more season,1. To give us a good season with a settled defence 2. To allow Smith to come through.Still think a million is a bit low for someone who could go all the way to the top of the game

Southend United reject offer from Hull City for goalkeeper Daniel Bentley

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has confirmed the club have rejected an offer from Hull City for the Shrimpers highly-rated shot-stopper Daniel Bentley.

More...

To be honest Hull must be minted even after relegation. If they want him then they should pay any fee upfront and outright. None of this installment rubbish

To be honest Hull must be minted even after relegation. If they want him then they should pay any fee upfront and outright. None of this installment rubbish

That's how the majority of deals are done though unfortuntately.

I'd take 800k-1m up front plus add-ons and sell-on clauses. Clubs rarely accept first offers for players so we should hold out and see how much we can get for him, but at the same time we don't want another Moshni situation where he ends up going for nothing when his contract expires. Anyone know if Hull have any young hungry and pacey forwards who we can loan? Think Hull would be a good sort of club for Bentley as they've lost a couple of goalkeepers over the summer so he'd have a decent chance of playing, and obviously they'll be looking to go back up to the Premier League.

Bentley cannot leave us for nothing. Even if he is kept here this season and leaves next season the club is due a fee set by tribunal, who will consider the offer from Hull as part of their deliberations, if we cannot agree a few with the club who ultimately sign him.

The club was never going to accept the first offer that came in, that would be madness but an offer of around £1m is a pretty good starting point. I expect us to hold out for £1m cash + promotion, appearance and maybe international bonuses, as well as sell on fee.

Let's not forget that Daniel has a say in this too. Maybe he'd rather stay down South (or anywhere but Hull). He might see Hull as a good chance for return to the Prem. Who knows what personal terms might be being offered?

If there's further interest from the Prem/Championship, I'd have thought he'll be expecting to move onwards and upwards. Once a player is in that mindset it's in everybody's interest to make something happen for the club and the player.

Let's not forget that Daniel has a say in this too. Maybe he'd rather stay down South (or anywhere but Hull). He might see Hull as a good chance for return to the Prem. Who knows what personal terms might be being offered?

If there's further interest from the Prem/Championship, I'd have thought he'll be expecting to move onwards and upwards. Once a player is in that mindset it's in everybody's interest to make something happen for the club and the player.

Dan's cut from the million would be around £200,000 and probable wages of 10k per week ?,Would he turn that down to stay here?

Dan's cut from the million would be around £200,000 and probable wages of 10k per week ?,Would he turn that down to stay here?

Here we go. Pray tell, where have you heard that Bentley has a 20% transfer fee clause in his deal?

Given the current transfer market, the outrageous fees a lot of very average players seem to command, if we let him go for anything South of £2, would be ridiculous. We don't need to sell him right now, and even if his contract runs down, if he has another good season in League 1, his value will rise further.

They are buying the potential here - 21 year old Goalkeeper who is English and has the ability to go much further - £750k to £1m is contemptible and Hull know it. It is not too much of a stretch to say he could go all the way and play for his country, and so if you want that kind of potential, you have to pay for it.

Bentley takes 20%, the agent taking another 20% thats 40% of the transfer money already gone.

If that makes it unlikely for Bentley to turn down it also makes it likely we would.

Theres no way that's correct.

He will have a signing on fee, but Hull would pay that.

Given the current transfer market, the outrageous fees a lot of very average players seem to command, if we let him go for anything South of £2, would be ridiculous. We don't need to sell him right now, and even if his contract runs down, if he has another good season in League 1, his value will rise further.

They are buying the potential here - 21 year old Goalkeeper who is English and has the ability to go much further - £750k to £1m is contemptible and Hull know it. It is not too much of a stretch to say he could go all the way and play for his country, and so if you want that kind of potential, you have to pay for it.

Doesnt matter if his value does rise, he will be out of contract and it will go to tribunal and we wont do well out of that.

As for the potential, you do pay for it, normally via addons.

Dont worry we will not let him go for less than £2 :smile:

I honestly think £1m is bad business for the club and I'm glad they've rejected it.

I think it will benefit everyone to hold out 1 more season and then sell. He hasn't played L1 football yet so that will be beneficial to him (rather than sitting on the bench at Championship/PL) and I'm sure he's going to have a good season so we could demand more next year.

the fiction you get on some of these threads :hilarious:

Noticed the thread title has changed to £1m! any source backing this up?
(sorry can see it was a CP tweet)

If Hull are the only team interested, best thing for us is Bentley signs a 2 year extention with an informal agreement that we will sell him next summer if we get a certain amount plus add-ons (England appearance & sell-on percentage). That way he will gain more experience at a higher level and if he keeps on impressing then his value will increase and he should get more clubs interested as well.

Hull have got 2 good, experienced goalkeepers at the moment and I don't think this would be a great move for him.

Back