• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: I want 4 signings, 16 outfield players isn't enough

Sounds as though PB is close to moving to other striking options so far as the Hunt deal is concerned. Wonder who his alternatives are should Hunt choose USA? Perhaps Chris P knows? Come in Chris, any ideas?

We'll probably sign an unknown youngster from a Prem / Championsip club on loan on the eve of the new season. I predict his name will be Clint Abbongatonda.

Looks like a subtle "Back me Mr Chairman" plea to me.

He is right though, we are quite a way short still especially in attacking areas. With only 2 weeks to go.

If Hunt and Piggott are deliberating then move on to other targets, we can't afford to be wasting so much time trying to sign players who aren't sure if they want to be here.

What will we have left if we don't get our targets? Got a feeling we may end up with Calvin Zola type signings, free agents that are not up to scratch

What will we have left if we don't get our targets? Got a feeling we may end up with Calvin Zola type signings, free agents that are not up to scratch

Every season is the same though,loan players in taking up pitch time and rarely delivering the goods.

Every season is the same though,loan players in taking up pitch time and rarely delivering the goods.

I agree that loan wondering around the pitch in the 122nd minute @ Wembley was a complete waste of space. Or how about those CB's we got in at the back end of the season before, they were useless.

Didn't we get some awful forward on loan from Grays, that was forced to start due to injury. Didn't even score 4 goals on his debut!

The forward we got on loan from Watford was even worse - he couldn't have socred more than 15 or 20. Think he's given up the game since he left us.

Being serious I'm shocked at the INCREDIBLE naivity of some posters. Pretty much every team in the bottom 2 divisions usually has 2 or 3 on loan each season. You may not like it, but that is lower league football in 2015, and relates to the fact that these days the big clubs run academies with huge numbers of kids in.

I agree that loan wondering around the pitch in the 122nd minute @ Wembley was a complete waste of space. Or how about those CB's we got in at the back end of the season before, they were useless.

Didn't we get some awful forward on loan from Grays, that was forced to start due to injury. Didn't even score 4 goals on his debut!

Fred was a signed contracted player!,Piggy did the business no question,the other loaned forwards all failed.

Fred was a signed contracted player!,Piggy did the business no question,the other loaned forwards all failed.

Clueless, Eastwood was on loan initially. Did you include Assombalonga into the loaned failed forwards category?

The forward we got on loan from Watford was even worse - he couldn't have socred more than 15 or 20. Think he's given up the game since he left us.

Being serious I'm shocked at the INCREDIBLE naivity of some posters. Pretty much every team in the bottom 2 divisions usually has 2 or 3 on loan each season. You may not like it, but that is lower league football in 2015, and relates to the fact that these days the big clubs run academies with huge numbers of kids in.

We all know the likelihood is loanees coming in,yet we are spun tales such as signing Hunt and Pig.

Britt and don't forget Theo too.

We all know the likelihood is loanees coming in,yet we are spun tales such as signing Hunt and Pig.

Britt and don't forget Theo too.

Not every transfer target comes off. That goes for those able to spend £80m+ down to those getting free agents.

Back