• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Really impressed by BBC2's new comedies last night. Cradle To Grave (Danny Baker's biog) and Boy Meets Girl were both genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Really impressed by BBC2's new comedies last night. Cradle To Grave (Danny Baker's biog) and Boy Meets Girl were both genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Didn't see the latter, thought the former was ok - a steady 6/10. Having read the book, two of the biggest laughs (of which one was funny only in a very dark way!) didn't come as surprise. That said, my wife hadn't read the book and appeared to enjoy much more than I did.

I know Peter Kay is a big name and all that, but getting someone who could do the accent properly would have been good.

Mr Robot.

Up to epsiode 4 but losing interest. Started well but then an entire episode of surrealism bored the life out of me.

Have a look at channel LONDON LIVE, it has some decent British Films on it, don't worry if you miss some they will be on again

Wonderful night on the box.

Tribute programmes to Nina Simone and a Van concert (on his birthday) plus Thin Lizzy all on BBC4 (plus an excellent version of Lady Chatterly's Lover on BBC 1).:thumbsup:

The utterly proposterous Trials of Jimmy Rose. Utter *****, and Ray Winstone should know better.

gave up with Mr Robot after 1.5 episodes. I might watch it again, but I'm not really into the whole techno-babble and it didn't really seem particularly exciting or interesting.

The first episode of Narcos was good.

Have a look at channel LONDON LIVE, it has some decent British Films on it, don't worry if you miss some they will be on again

But mostly it's just repeats of Smack The Pony...

Anyhow, finished watching the first series of Taskmaster last night. Greg Davies sets a bunch of fellow comedians a series of daft tasks (e.g. making a meal with at least one ingredient from every letter of the alphabet) and they compete to see who can do best. Great fun.

Still ploughing through old episodes of Cheers on Gold as well. The Shelley Long years were so much better than the Kirtie Alley years.

We don't watch too much telly as most of it is shocking crap not fit for somebody with high intellect .

We recently discovered the walking dead,brilliant stuff.

gave up with Mr Robot after 1.5 episodes. I might watch it again, but I'm not really into the whole techno-babble and it didn't really seem particularly exciting or interesting.

The first episode of Narcos was good.

I'm 3 in now, it's pretty good

We don't watch too much telly as most of it is shocking crap not fit for somebody with high intellect .

We recently discovered the walking dead,brilliant stuff.

I have low intellect and there is not much on TV for me either, sad but as I have got older I watch the news (BBC)
with great interest, I have not got SKY / BT Tv so limited

I have low intellect and there is not much on TV for me either, sad but as I have got older I watch the news (BBC)
with great interest, I have not got SKY / BT Tv so limited

I'll leave others to judge the quality of my intellect (:winking:) but I don't tend to watch much on TV, apart from the news,either, (C4 in my case) and occasional news & politics programmes ( Daily Politics & Newsnight) plus some of the excellent music programmes on BBC4 at the weekend.

We don't have Murdoch TV,either.

Back