• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cambridge_branch

Youth Team
Hi with my daughter being born on 23rd May 2015 (Play off final day)
Has anyone else born on , or had something special happened to them on a memorable Southend United occasion?

Last edited:
My youngest son was born on the 11th May 1991 , Southend would be 3rd Division Champions if they beat Brentford , my wife went to Hospital at 4 o clock but did not contact the club to contact me as I was at the game as she knew what the game ment I did not know she was in hospitial until I got home at 6 o clock , I went straight over to the hospitial to be there when my son was born at 7.15 :happy::happy::happy:

On the 27th January 1994 i popped out, 10 years later on my 10th birthday I was mascot at home vs York, Tuesday night, negative temperatures and a great 0-0 draw.

practically sums up my existence so far

Nice one Lenny , Must have been a great day for you to lead the Shrimpers out ! My baby shrimper will do that one day !

Actually I didn't get to lead the teams out, they came out whilst I was still shooting Infront of the south stand - always remember the look I got jogging last Flahavan! Was okay, they let me lead the team out vs colu in the LDV area final home leg, sure made up for it!!

On the 27th January 1994 i popped out, 10 years later on my 10th birthday I was mascot at home vs York, Tuesday night, negative temperatures and a great 0-0 draw.

practically sums up my existence so far

Lenny, that game sticks out most in my son and mine minds

It was the worse ever game in my life at Roots Hall, I dont think a shot on target and the temperture going down and down, we will allways recall two games Man Utd and York as games we will never forget

UTS

Was born on the 21 april 56.....we played away at Torquay utd...got the prog hanging on the wall(was not at the game!!!)
On 21.4.72....we played Cambridge at home(saw every blues game home&away that season)...my present was going to be our first ever promotion....we lost 1-2...
On 21.4.78...we played .i think,Rochdale at home..we won 3-1???we went up...pitch invasion...got into the seats with the players and Dave Smith gave me the microphone,so i could start some of the singing...real happy days...

Don't know what day it was but Southend 5 - 2 Bolton was a he'll of a day.

I was buzzing like a fridge all week.

Cracking game. And that was all it took for Bolton to suddenly wake from their stupor and surge up the tables! I don't think they (Bolton) looked back after that all season ......... which is why (sometimes) I think getting a real tonking can be good for a team. Well, you know what I mean.

My youngest son was born on the 11th May 1991 , Southend would be 3rd Division Champions if they beat Brentford , my wife went to Hospital at 4 o clock but did not contact the club to contact me as I was at the game as she knew what the game meant I did not know she was in hospital until I got home at 6 o clock , I went straight over to the hospital to be there when my son was born at 7.15 :happy::happy::happy:

Sadly, I think we lost that game to a very large and physical Brentford side. But good story.

My daughter was born on April 1st 2005 - we beat Bristol Rovers at home that night, and I think we went top of the table too. Despite having a ticket, I had to miss the game - apparently it would have been bad form to leave my wife and newborn baby alone for a couple of hours :smile:

My daughter was born 6th May 2005 when we were still in League Two, before her 1st Birthday we'd been promoted to the Championship....winning the League One Title on her 1st Birthday.

Nice one Lenny , Must have been a great day for you to lead the Shrimpers out ! My baby shrimper will do that one day !

My son was a mascot earlier this season. He was a bit nervous at first, mainly because he was unsure of how the day would pan out, rather than being a mascot. However, once we arrived at the ground, he loved every minute of it, and wants to do it again!

I remember that day as I had a spare season ticket as my dad couldn't make it, and since I worked with united we stand at the time, I asked him if he wanted to join me. To say he enjoyed it is an understatement.

I don't know if it is actually the case (and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong) but I think that was the start of it for him.

Actually I didn't get to lead the teams out, they came out whilst I was still shooting Infront of the south stand -

Those were the days! .. You can't even get in with a plastic bottle these days!

Back