• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Obviously a popular choice on the Sunderland board if this is anything to go by on there!

No2_zpsazuuspqt.gif

Ron Martin: No contact from Sunderland

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin says he has not been contacted by Sunderland to speak to manager Phil Brown.

More...

Phil brown spoke on bbc Essex sport after yesterdays game .And he said he wishes fat sam all the best as he beleves he is the best man for the Sunderland job .But he is the manager of southend united .And in Phil I believe .Not only is he the manager but he is also a share holder in the club .

Phil brown spoke on bbc Essex sport after yesterdays game .And he said he wishes fat sam all the best as he beleves he is the best man for the Sunderland job .But he is the manager of southend united .And in Phil I believe .Not only is he the manager but he is also a share holder in the club .

Phil said something similar on talksport radio also, along the lines of his flattered by the attention and speculation over the Sunderland position, but he is happy to have progressd southend since his time at the club and has no immiediate plans to leave roots hall.

Phil Brown worked with Allardyce at Bolton a long time ago for 6 years. Would he really want to be his No. 2 again?
Sunderland could go down, and he would have thrown away a great opportunity at SUFC. Don't do it Phil.:winking:

I thought on Essex radio he gave a real politicians answer.

big Sam just mentioned that he is looking at bringing in his own number two, on his sky sports interview this lunchtime, so let's wait and see what happens ...
In the Sun today he talks of getting the Sunderland defence right and that is one thing Brown can do.
There is no loyalty in the game, Southend would be compensated if Sunderland paid Browns outstanding contract.
Brown would get back to the Premier and loads of money and tv appearances:sad:
He must be a contender, surely?

Money ain't everything, I know it talks and all the other glib sayings, but Sunderland........the biggest poisoned chalice in football right now, I have my doubts.

A lot of talk on the radio this morning suggesting that the Sunderland offer may be too good to refuse. Even now im not a big PB fan, but no one can deny he has initially achieved what he was brought in to do and this season so far has been pretty good, I think most of us would have taken 7th place after 12 games. I guess it will come own to his own personal ambition vs potential earnings which will be significantly more than he earns here and also living back with his family.

He may well be tempted but I think it could turn ugly up there very quickly if there isn't an instant upturn in results.

A lot of talk on the radio this morning suggesting that the Sunderland offer may be too good to refuse. Even now im not a big PB fan, but no one can deny he has initially achieved what he was brought in to do and this season so far has been pretty good, I think most of us would have taken 7th place after 12 games. I guess it will come own to his own personal ambition vs potential earnings which will be significantly more than he earns here and also living back with his family.

Apart from the ones who only ever post negative comments about PB. You no the ones 'will never stay up because we wont score enough goals' mob.

Even on Saturday in the East stand the boo boys were pleasantly quiet. As a result Pigott and Weston played much better and PB showed his appreciation for SUPPORTING the team

He may well be tempted but I think it could turn ugly up there very quickly if there isn't an instant upturn in results.

Again I say if the MONEY is TOP DOLLAR then it is very likely; in the end that is the main reason for most moves by any professional in any short term industry & it is hard to argue against that when loyalty is old fashioned nostalgia.

Yes of course money talks but given PB has been restoring his credibility as a manager with us, it might not be the move for him as a number two to Big Sam

I am not sure if it is a question of money. If Phil Brown is ambitious, he will stick with a managerial role. Assistant managers rarely succeed the managers they serve in professional football. And he will know that better than anyone else.

If Phil takes Southend into the promotion zone this year, he may well be getting much better offers than being Sam's No. 2.

I thought on Essex radio he gave a real politicians answer.

Same here, a very underwhelming answer. Not that I blame him for it, but Phil completely resisted the opportunity to say a simple "no, I'm not interested - I'm staying at Southend." In the interview (which you'd have to say was both poor and lazy by today's investigative standards), he only stated the current truth which is that he is Southend United manager at this time. If he moves to Sunderland next week, his answer still stands up.

I'm not sure who the interviewer was but damn, if you're going to hold a microphone and ask people questions, man up and do your job properly.

Back