• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 16

Jam_Man

Life President
That time of year again.

Game is out on the 13th November but the Beta should be out this week.

I seem to be in a pattern of only really playing it a lot every 2 seasons. Was playing a fair amount this year then PC died and lost my save game then never really got into it again. Now we are in League One and will save a season or two having to get out of that league before marching up the leagues I reckon this year Ill be back into it again (with cloud saved backups this time).

[video]https://youtu.be/ZxF0srFgGUc[/video]

Worth mentioning that you only get the Beta if you've preordered through Steam, which they haven't publicised at all well and can see them getting quite a bit of stick from people who have pre-ordered elsewhere and expect a Beta like last year.

Looking forward to it this year, a few of the new features like designing your own look for on the touchline in the 3D match engine seem a bit unnecessary but the big bonus will be us being a League 1 side and (hopefully) the players will be accurately related. Coker has been pretty much our worst first team player in both years since he signed on the game.

i actually had a life to do stuff with for the last couple of years. now that's over and the mrs has been warned i'm really looking forward to only working three days a week as i completely lose my life to the new FM

Installed it yesterday.

Seems good. Played 6. Won first 3 lost last 3.

Hunt asking for a transfer before the season started was a joke though.

Oh how I laughed.

[video=youtube_share;VAqEdF9f02E]http://youtu.be/VAqEdF9f02E[/video]

Last edited:
Noel HUnt is on 6k per week for us according to football manager and the editor isnt out yet. Gah.

Installed it yesterday.

Seems good. Played 6. Won first 3 lost last 3.

Hunt asking for a transfer before the season started was a joke though.

Same, Cardiff, Peterborough and Brighton began showing an interest with 100k bids, unsettled him, so offloaded for 160k. Sadly, by the time this had gone through, there wasn't anyone left for me to sign. Managed one DM Pritchard and a loanee from Blackburn.

I've more or less mirrored this season, starting slowly, picking up the odd point here and there, before going on a decent run taking me to a play off spot and two points from second. Barnsley brought me back down to earth though. Currently 7/8th with about 12/13 games played. Our wingers are very good, as is Wordswroth.

Deegan get's consecutive cruciate strain injuries keeping him out for 3/4weeks at a time. He's on about his fifth consecutive one now.

so far it's been pretty good but after about 6 games with Milan i've got as many injured players as available ones and players are starting to complain about not playing enough.
i hope they tone these things down in the full version as it's not exactly much fun

Injuries always gets raised as being a proble when the game comes out.

Not seen it myself, Im in March and only have one player injured out of 37.
squad.jpg

Injuries always gets raised as being a proble when the game comes out.

Not seen it myself, Im in March and only have one player injured out of 37.
View attachment 3787

Gary Deegan now has had since the start of the game, 16 Cruciate Ligamant injury complications. I'm in November. His actual Cruciate Ligament injury is years old as well.

In the last game, the injury issue was really bad, I could have 11/12 players injured, 6/7 from the first team, and this naturally lead to bad form, and Ron telling me there is no injury crisis when I had injured players in double figures.

It seems better this year, although there are still issues, I've had between 3-5 players injured for the duration of the game, obviously different players and injuries, but the Deegan thing is clearly a glitch.

Yeah that does sound like a bug .

I surprised myself by winning the play offs in my first season.

Haven't got the beta yet nor pre ordered the game. But will get it, always do. Interested to know what formations you lot tend to apply? I normally go for a flat 4-4-2 or I play a really obscure, 3 at the back formation for some games.

Haven't got the beta yet nor pre ordered the game. But will get it, always do. Interested to know what formations you lot tend to apply? I normally go for a flat 4-4-2 or I play a really obscure, 3 at the back formation for some games.
I like a good 4-4-2 but with attacking wingers, which the game decides is a 4-2-4. Sometimes for a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 depending on the players available.

WTF.

Bentley wouldnt accept a new contract all year and then left end of season.

No tribunal fee for me then.

I like a good 4-4-2 but with attacking wingers, which the game decides is a 4-2-4. Sometimes for a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 depending on the players available.

I started with 442 then the 424, then I changed to a 4231 and went on an amazing run and won 9 on the trot, then lost my amc so changed to 41221 and won the play offs.

Everyone still moaned I played a lone striker though on FMShrimperzone :)

WTF.

Bentley wouldnt accept a new contract all year and then left end of season.

No tribunal fee for me then.

Same happened for me.

Hunt wages are ridiculously prohibitive too and blatantly not correct.

Ive raised the Bentely thing as a bug.

Indeed, 6k for Hunt, ridiculous, plus the fact he wanted to leave as soon as he signed.

For a game that prides itself on its accuracy, £6k for Hunt is crazy, let alone him trying to get a move to a bigger club the same summer he joined.

Back