• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 'Magnum'.

With possible flashpoints you need people with the power of arrest to be on hand.

I've witnessed heavy handed security at away matches in the past. Chiefly in the West Midlands at West Brom and Birmingham, where the crowds are controlled by nightclub doorman style security. Not pleasant.

In my honest opinion, X-block tickets should never have been sold to anyone buying tickets which included youngsters.

Surely the club should have had a clue that the w and x would be hostile for a game like this and have the common sense to actually say to people with young children. I saw a few kids coming out of there today in tears but a word of warning would have possible seen them sat elsewhere.

Poor policing
Poor ticketing

Great result and puts us on the cusp of the play offs

In my honest opinion, X-block tickets should never have been sold to anyone buying tickets which included youngsters.

Agree. I never take my son for games lie Col U, Millwa; etc because you know what to expect. X block is awful for families and the club really need to look at this as loads of late comers get stuck between W block and the away fans. Luton and Millwall the same.

With away seating in the North Bank, do they not have to sit in their allocated seat number?

Seems every time there's a few herberts, they always seem to be right next to the West Bank.

Stewards are not security... If you want to see security at football then be prepared for ugliness. Anyone who has been to away games and seen how security handle trouble know this just makes things worse. Stewards responsibilities are to try to manage crowds by peaceful methods and call for help if needed. Didn't see any help today. Likely Jobbo felt it wasn't warranted as police costs are high.
It's a stewards job to prevent fans entering the pitch, that's why they are at the front of the stand. I don't see how you can try and argue that it isn't a stewards's job to stop a fan entering the pitch. The stewards were the ones who tried to stop him in the end. I've no idea who you expected to stop him if not the stewards.

As far as I'm concerned the blame here is with the Col Ewe idiots who spent the entire game goading the Southend fans. As DTS said these were the same "fans" who were involved in the main flash point. We took twice as many fans to the care in the community stadium on boxing day and I think I'm correct in saying there was no trouble at the ground at all?! Draw your own conclusions but we have a sound reputation of good conduct these days and that will not change owing to this isolated incident caused predominantly by inbreds!!

As far as I'm concerned the blame here is with the Col Ewe idiots who spent the entire game goading the Southend fans. As DTS said these were the same "fans" who were involved in the main flash point. We took twice as many fans to the care in the community stadium on boxing day and I think I'm correct in saying there was no trouble at the ground at all?! Draw your own conclusions but we have a sound reputation of good conduct these days and that will not change owing to this isolated incident caused predominantly by inbreds!!

Did we not have more arrests last season than anyone else in the division ?

It's a stewards job to prevent fans entering the pitch, that's why they are at the front of the stand. I don't see how you can try and argue that it isn't a stewards's job to stop a fan entering the pitch. The stewards were the ones who tried to stop him in the end. I've no idea who you expected to stop him if not the stewards.

Not strictly true. They are there to manage crowds. If a load of fans run at them they are not there to repel the fans with force. They have conflict management training and assessment at Level 2, that's it. Biggest failing by stewards was getting involved, and not picking up smoke bombs in searching which is in their role.

Anybody who thinks that we didn't have a number of fans spending the time before and all throughout the game goading the Col U fans are in cloud cookoo land and certainly weren't near block X or W. Certain elements of both sets of fans were goading in equal effort!

Let's not just push the blame onto the Col U fans. We have a problem element which are tarnishing our club's reputation

Let's not just push the blame onto the Col U fans. We have a problem element which are tarnishing the clubs reputation
Exactly. Lets ignore the ideology that the few hundred Col U fans at the front were inciting violence. Let's not blame Col U for violence toward our stewards. Let's ignore the Col U fans' violence towards OUR OWN PLAYER. And of course, Let's ignore the Col U fans throwing coins at us.

Again, this wasn't innocents or families. This was like-minded, aggressive individuals. F*** em.

Some of the comments here are laughable.

Firstly the Colchester fans in the corner by the West Stand were not family's or old men. Everyone one of them was a lad giving ite to the home fans from the second they came into the ground. The second that they went down to ten they were pushing and shoving stewards. ****** signs, cut throat signs etc. Standard Millwall type behaviour. Most didnt watch a second of the game and all we in lads clothing.

As we scored about ten of them broke into the corner section and then got into the no mans lads and made a break for the west before turning back. I would say four or five were on the pitch making a move towards the West. At this point no SUFC fans had been on the pitch.

Yes a couple of people whacked the Col U fans and it looks bad as its on social media everywhere but he is hardly whacking families. Look at the video from their end and they are the same blokes giving it all game. Whilst we cannot condone it if you spend 90 mins offering someone out then don't be surprised if they come for you. It looks bad on the club sadly.

The stewards did a decent job. I personally wouldnt want to be whacked for £10 an hour. Trouble was in reality pretty minimal. What were the police doing while all this went on. Four of them stood there and watched. The stewards mean nothing really and lets be honest a decent hooligan is not going to give a monkeys what a stewards says but the police could have stopped that in seconds but did nothing. A couple of arrests early on and it stops 90% of the trouble.

Col U came to Southend looking for trouble and they found it. Luton ironed out a load of kids, Cambridge came for trouble and found it, Port Vale the same. And the police did.....nothing.....But of course its not the polices fault.

This ^^^^^^^^
why there wasn't a police presence lining the north west corner (at the very least!) I will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back