• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people were throwing coins at you in the street, or at your home, or your car, would you just ignore them? I suspect you will say you would call the police, but what if the police do nothing to protect you? When people are attacking you by throwing coins and the police do nothing and security are unable to prevent it happening, for whatever reason, then nobody should be that surprised if people decide to take the law in their own hands?! That is the reality of human behaviour. If people were throwing coins at me, or my kids, and nobody was able to stop it happening, then I would act myself. It's called natural justice and you will find it happening more often now we have over 800 fewer bobbies in Essex owing to austerity measures. How do any of us know if the fella who dished it out wasn't hit himself by one of the coins? To say you are ashamed to be a fan etc really is pathetic. This is life, things happen, we don't all love each other, worse things happen every day on our streets without any provacation. Time to move on!!

Well said, couldn't agree more

Dave Jobson was being restrained by a couple of the stewards on the pitch after the game. He then marched off with a rather angry looking Steve Kavanagh and another bloke in a suit in hot pursuit.

Not exactly Role model behaviour? What would he have done had he not been restrained.

Maybe those Southend fans were also acting angrily to constant provocation including handfuls of coins raining in on the Southend section. People need to come down from their ivory towers and look at the bigger picture.

I hope nobody goes running there mouth and grassing on people that's the lowest thing you can do
True Blue Very rarely if at all have I ever commented on one of your posts.
Until we get this air of condoning their actions out of this club then this sort of thing will continue.

Grassing on people who felt the need to attack the opposition fans is not the lowest thing you can do believe me.
These thugs need to be identified and I sure they will be and given life bans.
(I in no way have overlooked the Col Ewe fans conduct and they should have been dealt with more efficiently by the stewards)

As for having spice at Roots Hall so that's its intimidating then let your singing etc bring that on.

I grew up when violence was part and parcel of football. I have seen women and kids beaten by opposing fans and been on the end of it too. It is neither big or clever to condone it and often shows ones age or outlook on life.

Two families had to be moved at the end of the game for their safety and because they were scared. Is that really the sort of club we wish to portray.

Certain obscene signing will always be part and parcel of football and I do not have a problem with that but there must be a line drawn.

It was encouraging to hear the boos from all other parts of the ground when these incidents took place.

Call me old and whatever you want but I will match my games I have seen home and away with all but the most die hardy old ones and feel I too am entitled to my opinion.

No need to "grass" , I am sure he will be known by many if the picture is clear.

Short of going on the run it would be best to hand himself in.

We are no longer in the70's , like it or not.

No need to "grass" , I am sure he will be known by many if the picture is clear.

Short of going on the run it would be best to hand himself in.

We are no longer in the70's , like it or not.

Wish we were, I was still young, fit and handsome then.
OK, maybe not handsome; thinking about it, maybe not fit either, but you know what I mean. :winking:

True Blue Very rarely if at all have I ever commented on one of your posts.
Until we get this air of condoning their actions out of this club then this sort of thing will continue.

Grassing on people who felt the need to attack the opposition fans is not the lowest thing you can do believe me.
These thugs need to be identified and I sure they will be and given life bans.
(I in no way have overlooked the Col Ewe fans conduct and they should have been dealt with more efficiently by the stewards)

As for having spice at Roots Hall so that's its intimidating then let your singing etc bring that on.

I grew up when violence was part and parcel of football. I have seen women and kids beaten by opposing fans and been on the end of it too. It is neither big or clever to condone it and often shows ones age or outlook on life.

Two families had to be moved at the end of the game for their safety and because they were scared. Is that really the sort of club we wish to portray.

Certain obscene signing will always be part and parcel of football and I do not have a problem with that but there must be a line drawn.

It was encouraging to hear the boos from all other parts of the ground when these incidents took place.

Call me old and whatever you want but I will match my games I have seen home and away with all but the most die hardy old ones and feel I too am entitled to my opinion.

Mate let's get one thing clear on that side were there 'lads' you don't see any Colchester shirts or your average normal fan what you have is lads in there clobber wanting a row and so did we do in my book it's fair game

Mate let's get one thing clear on that side were there 'lads' you don't see any Colchester shirts or your average normal fan what you have is lads in there clobber wanting a row and so did we do in my book it's fair game

Would it not be better if the guys who want to fight contact each other and meet somewhere to have it,that way law abiding fans can watch the game in safety and peace.

The club brought this on themselves and I'm afraid deserve whatever the consequences might be.

If you put idiot next to idiot with minimal (or no) policing then what do you expect? Idiot x idiot = bigger idiots. Its just simple mathematics.

This does not excuse the idiotic behaviour, but its a fact of life that some folk are morons so that should be expected and handled appropriately.

I also don't hold much sympathy with those complaining they were caught in the cross fire. If you switch on a light on a summers night it will attract flies - if you know where the more voicifourous elements will be (as anyone going to the game surely would know or if not might be expected to easily find out) and don't want to be part of that then don't go or sit elsewhere as it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back