• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Steve Tilson's great achievement at Southend United?

• Drawing at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just dont life in the pass :winking: I know full well what he did and didnt achive at Southend. Also know what he has achived since leaving.................................................Jack **** other than a collections of rain jackets

And for those great times I shall be forever grateful.

Just dont life in the pass :winking: I know full well what he did and didnt achive at Southend. Also know what he has achived since leaving.................................................Jack **** other than a collections of rain jackets

If you cant celebrate and appreciate the achievements of what Tilson did then what can you....

Things certainly did not go well for Tilson in latter part of his Southend managerial career and at Lincoln,Canvey but the rise up the leagues and LDV finals, beating Man Utd will always be up there as real highs for me in my time supporting Southend Utd.

Steve Tilson will be playing in my charity football match and family fun day (See charity forum) on Sunday 11th May.

Is this another Steve Tilson as there is no mention of "working there socks off" or "like I say" in the whole article

everyone whop ditches Tilson ends up worse off

SUFC lower
Lincoln lower
Canvey lower

I think the humiliation of Chelsea with world cup winner Scolari at Stamford Bridge was my fave moment ....

everyone whop ditches Tilson ends up worse off

SUFC lower
Lincoln lower
Canvey lower

I think the humiliation of Chelsea with world cup winner Scolari at Stamford Bridge was my fave moment ....

Not really.

Tilson was sacked after we got relegated to League 2, we are still here. He was sacked after Lincoln got relegated to the Conference and close to be relegated again. Lincoln are now mid-table in the Conference. He was sacked at Canvey when they were around mid-table and they are still in mid-table.

He might be a legend here after achieving success as a player and manager, but he has achieved nothing since leaving here and if we are being very critical you could even argue he hasn't achieved anything since our promotion in 2006.

The stats are all a bit simplistic and don't tell the story. To an extent the core of the team went here before he went & at Lincoln he was advised not to go as it was a well known poison situation caused by Chris Sutton. As for Canvey I don't know the story there. Tilly and Brush were very good for us for several years and that can not/ should not be forgotten.

I think you will find we are where Tilly left us

I reckon his biggest acheivement was getting the players to play for free in his last season ..... and not running to the papers about it ....

anyway I am sure someone will be along to have pop at him sooner or later -

the thing is he was probably stuffed by his own values - loyalty to the club and all that ..... for me the thing that makes him a real legend is just that ...... and I see his still turning out for local charity games --- pure class -

I was watching Posh Pawn on Channel 4 and they use Sports and Star Autographs in Basildon. They use the guy in there for his expert opinion when they need signatures checked out. Just wondering if Tilson is still involved with them?

I was watching Posh Pawn on Channel 4 and they use Sports and Star Autographs in Basildon. They use the guy in there for his expert opinion when they need signatures checked out. Just wondering if Tilson is still involved with them?

The shop closed down some time back, at least, the one down on the ground floor of Eastgate did. I think they moved to a much smaller unit up in the Galleries, not sure if it's still there? I think it was a partnership and not sure if both are still involved to be honest.

The shop closed down some time back, at least, the one down on the ground floor of Eastgate did. I think they moved to a much smaller unit up in the Galleries, not sure if it's still there? I think it was a partnership and not sure if both are still involved to be honest.
It is still in the Galleries , I went in there last week .

It's still going as I'm looking at buying some stuff from there. Well respected and the only place I'd ever buy signed products from. Just wanted to know if anyone knew if Tilson was still involved, wanted to pop down and try and catch the legend!

It's still going as I'm looking at buying some stuff from there. Well respected and the only place I'd ever buy signed products from. Just wanted to know if anyone knew if Tilson was still involved, wanted to pop down and try and catch the legend!

last seen chatting to Neil Harris at Roots Hall

Back