• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Steve Tilson's great achievement at Southend United?

• Drawing at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Stranger things have happened. Tilly was very well regarded by the FA not so long ago, spending time coaching with both the U-21's and the full senior side.

Good luck Tilly.

I suspect Peter Taylor, who is still involved with the England set-up, will put in a good word for him. Sometimes it is about who you know.

I suspect Peter Taylor, who is still involved with the England set-up, will put in a good word for him. Sometimes it is about who you know.

Often, it's about who you know, in many walks of life. I did wonder if Spud was still involved, that would go in his favour.

Ex Southend United manager Steve Tilson wants to coach England women's national team

STEVE Tilson has put his name forward to be the next manager of the England women’s national team.

More...

Never quite understood why it ended for him at Canvey. They finished high enough surely? Or does the attitude of sacking the manager if you don't win promotion at the first attempt extend as far down the pyramid as that?

Never quite understood why it ended for him at Canvey. They finished high enough surely? Or does the attitude of sacking the manager if you don't win promotion at the first attempt extend as far down the pyramid as that?

I dunno but perhaps they were paying him L2 wages and expected a better return on their money?

Like Sir Stan, i dont care how Sir Steve is outside of Southend United, clearly he has upset a few of you. Get over it.

The man has provided me with some of the happiest memory's in 30 plus years of supporting the shrimpers and the service he has given the club deserves a whole lot more respect.

It actually makes me sick to see some of the ******** on this thread, no problem with opinion but some of the comments are just wrong. Why shouldn't he go for the job? If you don't try, you'll never know. Maybe if a few on here actually got off there backsides once in a while they to could achieve something of note? No actually don't bother sit behind the keyboard and continue slating others!!!

Good luck Tilly you are a true #Legend and i hope you get the job

Like Sir Stan, i dont care how Sir Steve is outside of Southend United, clearly he has upset a few of you. Get over it.

The man has provided me with some of the happiest memory's in 30 plus years of supporting the shrimpers and the service he has given the club deserves a whole lot more respect.

It actually makes me sick to see some of the ******** on this thread, no problem with opinion but some of the comments are just wrong. Why shouldn't he go for the job? If you don't try, you'll never know. Maybe if a few on here actually got off there backsides once in a while they to could achieve something of note? No actually don't bother sit behind the keyboard and continue slating others!!!

Good luck Tilly you are a true #Legend and i hope you get the job
Well said.

And to all of those that have hinted that Tilly's no saint without having the balls to say why, your pathetic little jibes have no place on a fans forum. Put up or shut up. Until then I have no reason to believe what any of you say cos all I saw was a hard working, honest manager who on his own was out of his depth but was lucky to have superb support from Brushy. In my opinion Brushy was to him what Peter Taylor was to Cloughie in the 70's - an absolutely vital cog in the set-up.

He's a GETLEMAN . at all times? Really?

Are you? Are any of us?

Last I saw Tilson he came down for the meet the blues day and played in the celebs game.

Takes a lot to go back to a club that dumped on him as much as we did and he couldnt have been nicer.

Shock horror if he isnt a perfect angel though...

He was after the England ladies job at one point.

No disrespect to Ladies football, but my god he deserves better than that.

Oi you!:smile:

Basildon have a rich sponsor and have attracted very good players ,Steve will no doubt be ok in this part time role:winking:

Back