• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

their manager lives across the road from me ... good luck to them ... hope he will be partying on sunday night

0-0 half time. Grimsby have been doing all the pressing but Braintree have set their stall out to defend in depth. Good to see Mark Philips still plying his trade.

Final score 1-0 to Braintree. Return leg Sunday. Braintree defended for their lives and didn't look out of place at any time against Grimsby. Well done Danny Cowley and co.

How dreary is Blundell Park.

Remember going there twice. We never won there.

They look like a side that really has fallen a long way. Could barely stick two passes together.

Surprise surprise no pitch invasion by those nice Grimsby fans tonight unlike 2005. Well done Braintree. Col ewe are waiting for the derby next season.

A way in to the second half one of the BT commentators insisted on sticking a microphone in Cowley's face asking for game comments. These he gave, sort of . Obviously mid match interviews are not his forte. And for that matter BT are complete nobheads for doing it.

Weldone little Braintree they stuck to there task manfully .And mark phillips stuck to his job .That's why he was there player of the season .Really hope they finish the job sunday and get to Wembley .I am sure many Essex fans from both Colchester and southend will be in attendance if they get there .

Yeah I proper fancy Wembley if they get there. They deserve some support for their achievements this season. Would like to back Mark Phillips too.

I agree with tommy, all Essex rivalalry aside, it's great for Essex as a county on the whole, in terms of football success to see a small club like Braintree possibly making it into Division two. (fingers crossed they hold out for the 2nd leg & into the final).

Has to be said though, all credit to Danny Cowley and the lads to getting this far, I cant think of a semi - proffesional team that has got this far to proffesional football in recent times since Grays Athletic, during the Michael Kightley & Freddy Eastwood days.

I wish them all the luck in the 2nd leg & possibly against Forest Green in the final. Shame the Daggers went down this season though, because Col Ewe V Dagenham as well as possibly Braintree would be a decent away day for all of those fans involved.

Mind you... Luckily.. thats not currently an issue we have to worry about :thumbsup:

UTB
:happy:

Listened in on BBC Essex last night, partly because the traffic was so bad I was still trying to get home from work by half time! I live on Cressing Road about 1/4 mile away from their ground, so seriously thinking of taking a wander up there on Sunday afternoon for the return leg as not going to get to Bury for our game.

Sounded like an excellent job by Braintree last night, solid and gritty performances all round, Grimsby had no real answer and every department putin a decent shift. Danny Cowley has done a fantastic job of keeping their underdog status intact and reiterating that they are a part time club and all their players were working in their day jobs yesterday morning before travelling up and most will be at their day jobs again today! They are the in-form side in the play offs, and have now won the last 5. They have set themselves up beautifully for Sunday.

Back