• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've got this horrible feeling the striker in question could be Shola Ameobi. He played in league one for Fleetwood and has been released. He is definitely the type of player Brown would sign!

My Barnet mate says that Akinde is still contracted to them, and would attract a fee. He's no Cian Bolger, so I doubt we'd pay for him.

Nathan Tyson and Doncaster have parted company yesterday.

I've got this horrible feeling the striker in question could be Shola Ameobi. He played in league one for Fleetwood and has been released. He is definitely the type of player Brown would sign!

Oh god please let it not be him.

3 years ago I'd have snapped him up for this level. Not any longer though. It's got Noel Hunt written all over it

Agreed.

He's hardly banged the goals in either!

Doubt Ameobi would have 6 clubs looking at him. It will be Lee Novak who we will definitely not sign.

really?????

Assuming he is fit. Why wouldn't he be? You don't play in the Premier League for 12 years without being a good player.

Obviously he won't score any goals.

Two years ago he played 30 Premier League matches and a World Cup.

Assuming he is fit. Why wouldn't he be? You don't play in the Premier League for 12 years without being a good player.

Yeah and he just got released by Fleetwood Town. This would be another old, former prem striker struggling with fitness, form and be on top wages. One day we might learn our lesson.

Pretty much agree with this as unlike other older strikers he seems to have been pretty injury free.

Could he do a similar job to Goater perhaps, though I couldn't see him scoring many goals in his own right.

Novak is close to signing for Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury spending money once again not only for Novak but also they are believed to be close to completing the double signing of Northern Ireland defender Ryan McGivern and striker AJ Leitch-Smith from Port Vale.

Back