• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Rumour is that Rooney is going to be in on the subs bench, possible 6 changes in total, bit of a gamble don't you think. Who is our vice captain?

Edit: Apologies. I've just seen it has been posted on the previous page.

Last edited:
I can't work out who is more frustrating to watch England or Southend.

Even though we made very hard work of it we have qualified for the next round. Not much more worth saying really.

Even though we made very hard work of it we have qualified for the next round. Not much more worth saying really.

Played well in all 3 games but the lack of end product has been frustrating. Now it's the knock out stage we need to start putting more of those chances away.

we played really well but a lack of width has killed us. the 6 changes were vindicated because we played well and had good tempo and fitness.
BUT we kept trying to go through the middle and it was like watching Arsenal.
we've played well in 2 1/2 games but we need to take our chances

Another very good, albeit frustrating, display by England. If I have one minor criticism to make it's the one picked up on by Glenn Hoddle in commentary. A game like that is crying out for an Andy Carroll. Then let the opposition defend along the edge of their six yard area and we'll see how that works out for them. Sturridge and Rashford bring much the same to the squad in my book, and I'm sure we could have managed without one to give ourselves a different dimension.

Anyway, having advocated the selection of a West Ham player I think I'm going to take a shower.

Another very good, albeit frustrating, display by England. If I have one minor criticism to make it's the one picked up on by Glenn Hoddle in commentary. A game like that is crying out for an Andy Carroll. Then let the opposition defend along the edge of their six yard area and we'll see how that works out for them. Sturridge and Rashford bring much the same to the squad in my book, and I'm sure we could have managed without one to give ourselves a different dimension.

Anyway, having advocated the selection of a West Ham player I think I'm going to take a shower.

i know what you mean. but i think he'd need a winger to make the most of him and we don't have any

"Anyway, having advocated the selection of a West Ham player I think I'm going to take a shower."

And I hope it's freezing cold and you get your toe stuck in the plug'ole.

We got the most joy using the full-backs again particularly Clyne in the first-half as the game wore on the tempo slowed down and we ended up tried playing through the middle or crossing from deep with 10 men behind the ball. If we could have taken one of the chances we had in the first half Slovakia would have actually had to try and play a little bit.

Personally I don't think it was a good performance, we only had 2 real chances (both in the first half) against a resolute but limited defence. Let's be honest but for Sturridge's last minute goal against Wales we'd be going home from a fairly poor group. It's all very well having the lions share of possession but you've got to create more than 2 good chances surely when you're dominating the game so much surely?

Ultimately our impotent finishing against Russia has cost us first place, in future rounds we must be more clinical. I agree that width is key, 'resting' both full backs was a massive mistake by Roy today IMO, especially Walker who's been excellent so far.

Vardy is is not the answer (yet) for me, he had the best chance and fluffed his lines. I'd go back to Kane next game, he's been under par but hopefully if he can nick a goal it will kick him into life. Vardy's always best on the counter attack, today's game we were unable to play to his strengths, against the bigger teams later in the tournament (hopefully, if we're there) he could prove to be invaluable.

we really missed Rose today but i think the lack of wingers cost us today. we dominated possession but had no space

Agreed, the full backs usually give us width, Clyne and Bertrand didn't do enough, especially second half. You could blame Roy for having a lack of real wide midfield players available too, Sterling's the only option we really have :sad:.

Deschamps is making some odd player choices, the lump of a forward tonight was very poor, and "resting" Payet is again an odd one. Evra and Sagna too old and pace will find them out - surely they needed the rest more?
In short I don't fancy France to get beyond the quarter finals unless they get the easiest of draws and some more "homer" refs.

Ha! A tenner says they will.Interested? Loser pays SZ.

Bump.

I'd appreciate an answer before the last 16 draw is announced.:winking:

Well my tickets for next Monday in Nice just got a lot more interesting. Never seen England in a tournament before. I stand by what I said yesterday - we'll look better against better teams but if we need to press the issue and create chances I don't see where those chances will come from with this team right now. We've arguably got the best strikeforce in the tournament (honestly I don't think it's even close) and they just don't look like scoring because we can't create anything.

Back