• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tilly there today, Woody back in full training today. Bumped into them both for a chat. Probably the two highlights of my day.

Ok, if we don't win either of the next two games, I think I'm right in saying that's one win in 15. I'm not sure even Alvin Martin managed that! I'd pull the trigger now, sadly we've left it too late for a new man to get any signings in.:sad:

Last edited:
And then got sacked by the current chairman for his troubles. Never go back to a club that sack you is normally the rule.

Oh I completely agree. I have too much respect for Tilson than to wish him to have to work again for our delusional incompetent businessman who owns our club.

Oh I completely agree. I have too much respect for Tilson than to wish him to have to work again for our delusional incompetent businessman who owns our club.

I'm not saying Brown in or out, I like continuity and contrary to popular belief I don't feel that our promotion season was "lucky. However something is concerning at the moment, that I cannot deny !! BUT, if he did go, please no no no for Tilly return. Let's leave that where it belongs, in the passed.

I like a couple of others would love to investigate Dean Austin, read some fantastic things about him.

Also, no one has mentioned Nathan Jones, doing a fantastic job at Luton ( however he may be difficult to prise ).

For me Barrett / Maher , no. Not sure why, I really just don't get a feeling about them.

Others, Kenny Jacket, I've read good things about him, an organiser and methodical in his approach.

Again, Ron will do what is right for the Club, he has before pretty much called his managers positions spot on, please forget about the Tilly ending, the world was a different and concerning place then. Sturrock was right and also Sturrock for me had run his time as well .... Ron can't afford a relegation, he knows that, so something will be done, either way.

Chris Phillips mentioned that RM is a big fan of Dougie Freedman - I would expect that he would be high on the list of replacements

The thing that hamstrung Tilly in the end was actually getting into The Championship.

That close season, he felt under pressure to buy "Championship standard players" and ended up picking up the likes of (I'm cringing as I type this) Ricketts and so on and letting go Bentley and a couple of others who were part of the promotion sides.

The Championship isn't the holy grail everyone thinks it is. It's just a slightly higher level which we'll struggle even more to compete in.

He didn't need a budget to get us up there, though.

His man-management, coupled with the tactical awareness of Paul Brush, and the buy-in of a set of good eggs made us so successful in that double promotion run.

The thing that hamstrung Tilly in the end was actually getting into The Championship.

That close season, he felt under pressure to buy "Championship standard players" and ended up picking up the likes of (I'm cringing as I type this) Ricketts and so on and letting go Bentley and a couple of others who were part of the promotion sides.

The Championship isn't the holy grail everyone thinks it is. It's just a slightly higher level which we'll struggle even more to compete in.

Letting Bentley go was a mistake, but don't assume that Ricketts was a Tilly signing ;)

Thinking about who could replace Brown, if he does go, got me thinking. There aren't too many decent managers around at the moment that are not in work.

This also reminded me of the forgotten man that is Alan Curbishley. Always thought he was an excellent coach and very good tactically, shame he gave up management a few years ago, because I think he would be a good fit for us.

Are you saying that Tilly had a bigger budget than Brown when Tilly got us promoted from the 4th division and won the 3rd division?

You work it out. Under PB our highest wage in L2 was £1500 per week.

Back in those wonderful days of 2004, not only could we afford to buy Freddy we could actually pay his wages.

You work it out. Under PB our highest wage in L2 was £1500 per week.

Back in those wonderful days of 2004, not only could we afford to buy Freddy we could actually pay his wages.

I would dispute that.

Even if that were true, was one player on that or were 4 or 5 on that? You're talking about a budget. Not individual weekly wages. Brown is given a budget, and it's up to him to spend it how he wishes.

I can almost guarantee you that Tilson had a smaller budget.

I would dispute that.

Even if that were true, was one player on that or were 4 or 5 on that? You're talking about a budget. Not individual weekly wages. Brown is given a budget, and it's up to him to spend it how he wishes.

I can almost guarantee you that Tilson had a smaller budget.

No doubt you will back that statement up.

I doubt if Brown will go just yet.Presumably Cox Ranger and Ferdinand were happy to play under him so I think Ron will give Brown a bit more time to try and turn things around especially as there could be more developments before deadline day. But if not I think Ron will not hesitate to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back