• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work.
Basically I love my job but sometimes the people I deal with need a good old slap. Firstly we have a regular wheelchair customer who gets picked up from Brittania House (owned by the NHS). Today I get told that I can't park there to pick up the customer as all the parking bays are for staff only, and I can't park outside the bay's. When I explain that I'm picking up a disabled customer the reply is 'not my problem' and that's from a member of staff.
To finish the day I get home and I have 2 parking tickets waiting for me. These are £60 each and for parking in a loading area behind the shops in the airport business park. I wouldn't mind but every taxi parks there for the passengers coming off the planes.

Really? I didn't know that. I assumed they use the same model as ITV, where there are no adverts on catch up.

ITV has them as well!

Me: My anti-persperant ran out when getting changed after the gym - no problem, we have a little WH Smiths here that sells all odde and sods..... £3.59 for a tiny spray can!....They can F.R.O...I'll have to stink for a change.

ITV has them as well!

Me: My anti-persperant ran out when getting changed after the gym - no problem, we have a little WH Smiths here that sells all odde and sods..... £3.59 for a tiny spray can!....They can F.R.O...I'll have to stink for a change.

Not last time I downloaded something. Mind you, that was a long time ago. I don't tend to watch much ITV stuff.

Not last time I downloaded something. Mind you, that was a long time ago. I don't tend to watch much ITV stuff.
In the past there were no adverts when you downloaded programmes, but there were if you watched online while connected to the Internet, but in the last few months they've added adverts to downloads too.

Badgers. Stripy, marauding turf-wreckers. I wouldn't mind but it isn't even my lawn. Agreed to look after my mates new lawn while he was away, which involves setting the alarms every day, followed by re-laying all his turf the next day after they roll it up like carpet with gleeful disregard for the sonic terror that is being projected on them courtesy of rent-o-kill anti-badger devices. Sigh.

Badgers. Stripy, marauding turf-wreckers. I wouldn't mind but it isn't even my lawn. Agreed to look after my mates new lawn while he was away, which involves setting the alarms every day, followed by re-laying all his turf the next day after they roll it up like carpet with gleeful disregard for the sonic terror that is being projected on them courtesy of rent-o-kill anti-badger devices. Sigh.

Snake! Snake! Snake! Badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger

Sorry it's in my head

Really? I didn't know that. I assumed they use the same model as ITV, where there are no adverts on catch up.

The adverts on More4 catch-up are for the programme sponsor and future shows. I just watched a one hour show that I downloaded earlier in the week.

I was charged by a badger whilst mountain biking the other night.

The ****er have balls of steel.

Virgin XXXXXXing rail !

Daughter and ny wife went to Birmingham last week . My daughter has a student rail card so bought here ticket using it (7.60 wickford to Birmingham each way in advance :smile:) but enough of the good stuff.

Daughter forget to take railcard with her
Ticket inspecter will not accept a photograph of railcard proving she has one , nor the argument that if we were trying to defraud Virgin then we would have bought my wifes ticket as though she had a railcard (tickets were bought in one transaction). Addtionally my daughter is a med student (which she could prove) , if she was prosecuted for not ticket she is immediately off the course and would never be allowed in a nother med school- would you take the risk to save £7?

£85.00 for new ticket ! plus conducter confiscates return ticket (fairly sure she had no right to do that)
My wife buys a new return ticket on-line for £20
Wife collects ticket from station
On return jouney ther is another ticket inspector . The machine has screwed up and has printed three pieces of paper, but one is for the previous cusotmer . It prints something that looks like a ticket (seat number, train time, cost ) but it isnt a ticket - i have no idea of its purpose. Inspecter makes mny daughter buy another ticket £51.00 because she doesn't ahve the 'right' piece of paper, even though she has proof that she bought a ticket and proof that the ticket machine screwed up!

So £15.20 journey (7.60 each way ) cist £15.20+£85+£20+£51.20 =£171.40.

Speaing to Virgin, well not actually speaking to them as customer services is email only- you can leave a message but they ignore it.

Their line is they are not interested.

We shouln't havee forgotten student rail card, and should have checked what the ticket machine prodcued. The fact that we can prove my daughter had a raulcard, and we can prove that the ticket machine was at fault are both apparently irrelvant

******s !

Virgin XXXXXXing rail !

Daughter and ny wife went to Birmingham last week . My daughter has a student rail card so bought here ticket using it (7.60 wickford to Birmingham each way in advance :smile:) but enough of the good stuff.

Daughter forget to take railcard with her
Ticket inspecter will not accept a photograph of railcard proving she has one , nor the argument that if we were trying to defraud Virgin then we would have bought my wifes ticket as though she had a railcard (tickets were bought in one transaction). Addtionally my daughter is a med student (which she could prove) , if she was prosecuted for not ticket she is immediately off the course and would never be allowed in a nother med school- would you take the risk to save £7?

£85.00 for new ticket ! plus conducter confiscates return ticket (fairly sure she had no right to do that)
My wife buys a new return ticket on-line for £20
Wife collects ticket from station
On return jouney ther is another ticket inspector . The machine has screwed up and has printed three pieces of paper, but one is for the previous cusotmer . It prints something that looks like a ticket (seat number, train time, cost ) but it isnt a ticket - i have no idea of its purpose. Inspecter makes mny daughter buy another ticket £51.00 because she doesn't ahve the 'right' piece of paper, even though she has proof that she bought a ticket and proof that the ticket machine screwed up!

So £15.20 journey (7.60 each way ) cist £15.20+£85+£20+£51.20 =£171.40.

Speaing to Virgin, well not actually speaking to them as customer services is email only- you can leave a message but they ignore it.

Their line is they are not interested.

We shouln't havee forgotten student rail card, and should have checked what the ticket machine prodcued. The fact that we can prove my daughter had a raulcard, and we can prove that the ticket machine was at fault are both apparently irrelvant

******s !

I hope I don't make a bad experience worse, but previously I have found that Virgin are ace at ****ing things up, but even better at putting them right again (they do have a lot of practice it seems). It's a while since my last dealings but I wouldn't take their last response as the last response. Try them again and if it's still foxtrot Oscar then maybe there is a Rail Regulator that can look at your complaint. Maybe MK Shrimper can point you in the right direction at that one. Good luck if you take it further.

I hope I don't make a bad experience worse, but previously I have found that Virgin are ace at ****ing things up, but even better at putting them right again (they do have a lot of practice it seems). It's a while since my last dealings but I wouldn't take their last response as the last response. Try them again and if it's still foxtrot Oscar then maybe there is a Rail Regulator that can look at your complaint. Maybe MK Shrimper can point you in the right direction at that one. Good luck if you take it further.

Oof, I'm sorry mate I don't have any connections with any TOC.

Back