• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OMG.... so many sucked in by this win? Saying we are working as a team.... it's Brown out then Brown in.... one swallow......

Chill needed all round. It's still early days. I never look at a league table till October for example. We had a number of players come in during the summer....nine I think. Coupled with injuries have led to a sticky start.
I just don't buy this lost the dressing room bollox or any other conspiracy theories for that matter.
The opening of this season mirrors my 36 years of supporting SUFC it's a roller coaster ride and getting off is not an option....

OMG.... so many sucked in by this win? Saying we are working as a team.... it's Brown out then Brown in.... one swallow......

Bore off... I presume you at least pretend to support our beloved club?.. Your username says it all.

If so, why can't you just be happy with a win?, I'm damn sure we are going to lose a lot more games before the season ends!.. so why don't you just enjoy our victory whilst it lasts.

Chill needed all round. It's still early days. I never look at a league table till October for example. We had a number of players come in during the summer....nine I think. Coupled with injuries have led to a sticky start.
I just don't buy this lost the dressing room bollox or any other conspiracy theories for that matter.
The opening of this season mirrors my 36 years of supporting SUFC it's a roller coaster ride and getting off is not an option....

I never really pay any attention to the league table until at least our 16th - 19th game of the season. (November generally speaking)

Well spotted, I wonder if anyone else noticed and are wondering why?

I think PB was told last weekend in no uncertain terms by the Chairman that he wants less talk and more action on the pitch. I not sure whether it was a fundamental shift behind the scenes, but PB said in a radio interview after the game with Millwall that they had worked on "a new system" preparing for the Millwall game, and that the players had really taken well to the new system in training from the off. That implies while Adam Barrett was publicly rallying the players to the cause, he may have said to PB and Coughlan in private that there had to be fresh tactical thinking to get more from the players in the squad. One thing seems apparent. On and off the pitch, Barrett has played a big role in helping to turn things round after the heavy defeat at Scunthorpe.

your 36 years.... must be coming up this your 40th birthday.... you was an expert at 4.... come on I've been watching them since the 80's this is a poor team, and very unorganised.

Bore off... I presume you at least pretend to support our beloved club?.. Your username says it all.

If so, why can't you just be happy with a win?, I'm damn sure we are going to lose a lot more games before the season ends!.. so why don't you just enjoy our victory whilst it lasts.
genuine season ticket holder here my friend, flash your stand and seat number up if you are the same?

Sorry, don't believe that in the slightest.

Yeah, DWB totally made this up just to have a right old laugh....

Conspiracy theory? So rather than thinking "I won't fully believe it until I've heard it myself but there must be a fire there if several different people have heard it", your line of thinking is "it's a huge conspiracy theory and anyone who thinks this has happened must also think that the moon landings were staged and Hitler is still in hiding in the jungles of Argentina"? I despair sometimes a really do. I understand people's doubts about the claims until they have primary source evidence but there are some who just flat-out won't hear it or will put their fingers in their ears, sing "la la la" and shout "conspiracy theorists!" at the top of their lungs. I guess some people's minds can't handle anything more than what they (don't) see in front of their own eyes or hear themselves; aren't able or willing to think/see laterally so that everything that they can't comprehend is some elaborate conspiracy theory.

Busy weekend so not had the chance to post yet, but wow. What a performance that was.

McGlashan was easily my man of the match as he had such a huge influence on the game. He played like a proper winger and my god how we've missed that. The ball into Mooney was superb and I can't remember the last time I've seen us put a move together like that. If he continues that form then we'll certainly start scoring more.

Coker also showed signs that he was getting back to his best and Mooney had his best game in a long time. All in all, it was the first time I've enjoyed a game at Roots Hall for a long time. At one point I remember thinking, even if we throw this away, I'll still be clapping these lads off the pitch as they've been different gear today.

The difference was night and day. God knows what's changed but something has. The amount of passion, determination and effort was on another level. Every single player looked like they would have run through a brick wall for us on Saturday and it really showed. The confidence was oozing out once we put the second one in.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but hats off to Brown and the lads. Let's put a run together now.

Yeah, DWB totally made this up just to have a right old laugh....

Conspiracy theory? So rather than thinking "I won't fully believe it until I've heard it myself but there must be a fire there if several different people have heard it", your line of thinking is "it's a huge conspiracy theory and anyone who thinks this has happened must also think that the moon landings were staged and Hitler is still in hiding in the jungles of Argentina"? I despair sometimes a really do. I understand people's doubts about the claims until they have primary source evidence but there are some who just flat-out won't hear it or will put their fingers in their ears, sing "la la la" and shout "conspiracy theorists!" at the top of their lungs. I guess some people's minds can't handle anything more than what they (don't) see in front of their own eyes or hear themselves; aren't able or willing to think/see laterally so that everything that they can't comprehend is some elaborate conspiracy theory.

Why so derogatory. I know the 100% truth thanks very much....so much so I just laugh at people such as yourself and the various others here that spout this kind of drivel. I have never said this on here but you've wound me up. I have done/still do have deep connections with players/staff/board members. If I actually posted the truth on here this would.be a very different shrimpermoan.com
I don't normally respond to posts digging me out...but couldn't resist this morning.

your 36 years.... must be coming up this your 40th birthday.... you was an expert at 4.... come on I've been watching them since the 80's this is a poor team, and very unorganised.

Good stuff sherlock I'm 40 in January. Seen far worse teams over the years with far worse managers. Remind me where brown comes on the all time list...just saying

Well spotted, I wonder if anyone else noticed and are wondering why?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but all your negative comments after such a brilliant performance makes you come across as devastated we won.

Whatever you claim has gone on behind this scenes must of had a fantastic impact on the team.

Firstly, what a result and performance! Must admit when I saw the line up I thought we were in for a long afternoon but the manager obviously saw in training that this team could do the business and they certainly did!

Now to address the less positive aspects of the thread. My opinion (for what it's worth and from inside info I have heard) is that there has been a strained relationship between PB and the players. I have also heard that PB still has very strong backing from Ron and was never anywhere near losing his job. Perhaps this has become clear to the players and they realise PB is here for a while yet and they all need to just get on with it?

Now to address the less positive aspects of the thread. My opinion (for what it's worth and from inside info I have heard) is that there has been a strained relationship between PB and the players. I have also heard that PB still has very strong backing from Ron and was never anywhere near losing his job.

Exactly what I have heard too.

Why so derogatory. I know the 100% truth thanks very much....so much so I just laugh at people such as yourself and the various others here that spout this kind of drivel. I have never said this on here but you've wound me up. I have done/still do have deep connections with players/staff/board members. If I actually posted the truth on here this would.be a very different shrimpermoan.com
I don't normally respond to posts digging me out...but couldn't resist this morning.

I see and match your "connections with players and staff"! I'm not trying to dig you out, but unfortunately if your connections are as deep as you claim they are then you would have heard exactly same "drivel" directly from the dressing room that I heard on Saturday morning and your stance would be very different. I know that I'm right and none of your accusations of "spouting drivel" will change that. Admittedly you would probably hear different things from board members and playing staff regarding opinions of the manager, but still.....either your connections are telling you rubbish or your connections aren't as strong as you think. If you really think people have the time or can be bothered to make the effort to make this stuff up then I really do pity you!

Now to address the less positive aspects of the thread. My opinion (for what it's worth and from inside info I have heard) is that there has been a strained relationship between PB and the players. I have also heard that PB still has very strong backing from Ron and was never anywhere near losing his job. Perhaps this has become clear to the players and they realise PB is here for a while yet and they all need to just get on with it?

Exactly what I heard too. Although I think "strained" is putting it mildly. Less "realising he's here for a while so suddenly responding to him", more "other more respected members of playing and coaching staff having their say, galvanising the players and getting much more out of them".

Forgive me if I'm wrong but all your negative comments after such a brilliant performance makes you come across as devastated we won.

Whatever you claim has gone on behind this scenes must of had a fantastic impact on the team.

Firstly, what a result and performance! Must admit when I saw the line up I thought we were in for a long afternoon but the manager obviously saw in training that this team could do the business and they certainly did!

You are wrong, I really enjoyed the win and am glad we are out of the bottom four. My information was truthful and came from a source directly related to one of the squad. As KingSHRIMPER has said, the relationship between PB and the players is strained, as is the relationship between PB and Cocko, hence my comments regarding Cocko. The incident with Timlin hasn't helped matters either. I did PM a zone member with the source of my info but that's as far as I'll go with it.

I would love nothing more to see us fly up the table and never want us to lose.

All this "I heard a whisper" drivel - is par for the course in social media.#
Facts? We won 3-1. End of!

I understand where you are coming from and I was thrilled at the performance and absolutely loved leaving the ground feeling happy that not only had my team won but that they had performed to somewhere near the best of their ability.

I agree that social media can be a curse nowadays and allows us all to throw our opinions and thoughts out there as facts whilst previously these were confined to the pub on a Saturday night - however I don't think that should detract from the point that some of the 'drivel' is based on either sound facts - or at least received from people who are well placed to know this 'drivel' to be fact.

All businesses have issues at times including personnel issues - why should SUFC be any different?

Anyway, I really don't care if there are issues behind the scenes - they are all grown adults and should be able to deal with them and resolve those issues and ensure that we fans are ALWAYS supplied with 100% effort on the pitch.

Let them squabble in the dressing rooms if that's what's really happening - but leave it in the dressing rooms and don't leave anything on the pitch at the end of 90 minutes.

Back