• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My laptop did some meaty updates over the weekend - it was running smoothly, no problems now it's started "hanging" and some apps stopped working and I have to go round the houses for the Wifi streaming doodah Roku to work. ****ing Microsoft...time to roll them back and turn off updates.

Bought a pair of DMs on their website late last week. They should be delivered some time this week. Annoyingly I received an email from them telling me the shoes I ordered are out of stock, so they'll be cancelling the order and refunding my money.

In the meantime the same shoe is showing as in stock on the website. I looked on Amazon, and can get the same ones for less than half price, which is making me a bit suspicious...

Bought a pair of DMs on their website late last week. They should be delivered some time this week. Annoyingly I received an email from them telling me the shoes I ordered are out of stock, so they'll be cancelling the order and refunding my money.

In the meantime the same shoe is showing as in stock on the website. I looked on Amazon, and can get the same ones for less than half price, which is making me a bit suspicious...

There are two grades of DMs, cheap imports and Made in UK pairs; I always pay extra and have never felt the money wasted as the MiB (made in Britain) shoes are superb quality.

There are two grades of DMs, cheap imports and Made in UK pairs; I always pay extra and have never felt the money wasted as the MiB (made in Britain) shoes are superb quality.

Indeed. My work shoes are made by DM and they're still in top quality nick after 2 years.

What's hacking me off if Freecycle - I advertise a loft ladder on there and a bloke says he wants it. Doesn't turn up when he says and says a weak email saying he's forgotten. I then get another 5 or so emails from people saying their interested. :angry:

Cheers for the tip. I'm actually going to ring DM this morning because they're still saying these particular shoes are in stock...

Magic spoon turned out to be more Martin Daniels than Paul Daniels.

You just don't get decent free gifts in cereals any more.

Bring back The Black Hole shrinky dinks.

The A127 !! :thumbdown:

What a total mess ! Every day, morning noon and night it crawls along. :angry:

Believe me you may not realise it but it is better now than it was in the 70/80s before the Rayliegh Weir underpass, A130 and M25 were built.
It does need some work for sure.

Ok I can accept that some people here take every friday to be an unnoficial dress down day (irregardless of what HR says). The majority of people are still presentable. However I passed a bloke on the way into the office dressed like he'd just rolled out of bed. :nope:

Out of interest why do you think this is bad? Isn't your story an example of the the kind of "social mobility" that some say grammar schools fail to give?

What sort of "social mobility" do the 90% of the age group who fail to get into grammar school have?

We know that kids in so-called "comprehensives" where there are grammar schools in the same borough, perform less well academically, than in genuine comprehensives, where there are no grammar schools in the borough and no 11+.

My mate has cancelled a get together due to the fact his daugher has got head lice. Now, they live in Benfleet and I haven't seen them for months, but now my head is itching. :unsure:

Back