• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown Stay ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clear off Brown. You got no fight or nous when the chips are down. You played the field and fell flat on your face when you realised you were stuck here. I'm not feeling the love for the club from him, i dont see the passion and the ability to turn things around when they really need doing. Frankly, youve been a bit embarrassing. Surely there are enough managers queuing up with a lot more talent than you? Your style of football is horrid, we arent going up whilst he is in charge. Going to take a lot more than a few wins to turn my thoughts around. I hope for Southend's sake he does.

Good post-match interview with PB today.

Praised Oxley highly and was proud of the team after three games in a week.

Gave a huge plus for the travelling support.:thumbsup:

Clear off Brown. You got no fight or nous when the chips are down. You played the field and fell flat on your face when you realised you were stuck here. I'm not feeling the love for the club from him, i dont see the passion and the ability to turn things around when they really need doing. Frankly, youve been a bit embarrassing. Surely there are enough managers queuing up with a lot more talent than you? Your style of football is horrid, we arent going up whilst he is in charge. Going to take a lot more than a few wins to turn my thoughts around. I hope for Southend's sake he does.

I guarantee that even if we win the league with Brown as our Manager then gain promotion to the Premiership certain fans would still want him out! Sorry Sean you must be gutted tonight I bet you were hovering over that keyboard waiting for us to fail.

He didn't have a choice, Mooney and Cox are both poachers with no strength in the air so we looked awful when they played together, having just Mooney up front and flooding the midfield when he inevitably didn't win the ball played long made more sense than persisting with 4-4-2. Now that we have Fortune and Ranger we can play 2 up front.

Exaxtly- he has played two up top the moment he has the tight personnel to do it- getting Ranger and Wordsworth fit, Ferdinand up and running and Fotune in has made a big difference. First few games nothing was sticking up top- now it does the difference is significant with players able to get on the front foot.

i look at the summer signing now and can't help but think we did very good business
Demetriou, Ranger, Cox, Ferdinand, Fortune, McGlashan, Oxley all looking decent. King is the underperformer I guess

Exaxtly- he has played two up top the moment he has the tight personnel to do it- getting Ranger and Wordsworth fit, Ferdinand up and running and Fotune in has made a big difference. First few games nothing was sticking up top- now it does the difference is significant with players able to get on the front foot.

i look at the summer signing now and can't help but think we did very good business
Demetriou, Ranger, Cox, Ferdinand, Fortune, McGlashan, Oxley all looking decent. King is the underperformer I guess

Add Inniss to that as well as Sokolik. I think we done very well and the squad is starting to look very decent. Remember the reaction on here when we didn't get anyone in on deadline day?
If there was a prize for fickle support then Southend would be right up there.

The Phil brown out brigade must be crying there eyes out at the moment. Phil has signed some decent players and improved the team and now they are fit the results are coming. Thank god Ron Martin kept the faith in Brown....

Really, I would never guessed that.

I dread to think what this forum would be like if we were MK Dons supporters!!

Oh do me a favour, should he go - should he stay. Stop all this now.
Quite. Since Pontius Pilate was learning to fly, all football fans have been noted for their fickleness and pessimism. Blues fans are no different. Just roll with the joys and pains of supporting our beloved team. Enjoy the current revival, and let the manager get on with his job. Please. COYBB

amsemp;[URL="tel:1909970" said:
1909970[/URL]]One swallow doesn't make a summer. We've been poor for a very long time, three good results doesn't change that and suddenly make everything better.
Exactly what I was going to write.

Confused.com

Phil chose to sign certain players for his boring 451 game plan,this plan has been used for far too many games without much success.

Phil then signed players whose fitness is very much in doubt.

The Cox interview IMO let the cat out of the bag,Cox was dropped probably because he complained that he wasn't a lone forward,Phil chucked his dummy out and benched him,ditto Bazza.

I think Phil's hand has been forced by player power and results have vastly improved.

Managers rarely change their mindset.

Confused.com

Phil chose to sign certain players for his boring 451 game plan,this plan has been used for far too many games without much success.

The Cox interview IMO let the cat out of the bag,Cox was dropped probably because he complained that he wasn't a lone forward,Phil chucked his dummy out and benched him,ditto Bazza.

I think Phil's hand has been forced by player power and results have vastly improved.

Biscuit? Take mine.

Confused.com

We all know that he lost the dressing room ages ago and all the new signings are old crocs on a big pay day. Nobody agrees with the set up or the tactics. The players won't even play for him.

Luckily for us in the last week the players want to play for themselves.

P.S Apparently the players have been called in for extra training today because PB is furious. They ignored his instructions to sit back and defend our 1 goal lead after 2 minutes.

Confused.com

Yes that's why we started the season with 4-4-2 and only switched to one up front later on when it clearly wasn't working, Brown must have planned for our first matches to be awful so that he could stealthily switch to his favourite 4-5-1.

Yes that's why we started the season with 4-4-2 and only switched to one up front later on when it clearly wasn't working, Brown must have planned for our first matches to be awful so that he could stealthily switch to his favourite 4-5-1.

Mooney isn't a target man....Phil signed him......When Mooney and Cox were paired it was obvious it ain't working.

Ranger's fitness is way off the pace to last 90......what happens when he is injured again?....sadly he will be injured because he isn't match fit.

Fortune will be ok for 45 minute cameos as he isn't match fit.

Cox is another one not match fit.

Phil signed them all!

I am thankful the team have collected 7 from 3 and hope it continues for as long as possible.

Mooney isn't a target man....Phil signed him......When Mooney and Cox were paired it was obvious it ain't working.

Ranger's fitness is way off the pace to last 90......what happens when he is injured again?....sadly he will be injured because he isn't match fit.

Fortune will be ok for 45 minute cameos as he isn't match fit.

Cox is another one not match fit.

Phil signed them all!

I am thankful the team have collected 7 from 3 and hope it continues for as long as possible.

Your knowledge of football is amazing, I'm surprised you're not working in the industry, but I can't think it'll be long before a club come knocking!!!

Back