• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going to head down this Sunday to see Sam Duckworth - probably better known as local lad Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly, who is performing his debut album ' Diaries of a Bohemian teenager' in its entirety. He's performing on the end of Southend Pier in that posh new pavilion thingy - looking forward to it.

I went to see that too. Great gig and the album is one of my all time favourites. He's a really talented local singer / songwriter and for anyone who hasn't heard the album, it's a cracker. Might be a bit mellow for some on here. The full name of the album is The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager if anyone wants to search it.

I went to see that too. Great gig and the album is one of my all time favourites. He's a really talented local singer / songwriter and for anyone who hasn't heard the album, it's a cracker. Might be a bit mellow for some on here. The full name of the album is The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager if anyone wants to search it.

I remember he was a flavour of the moment some years back now. Never really did it for me.

I remember he was a flavour of the moment some years back now. Never really did it for me.

10 years ago, to be precise. I must admit I stuggle with some of his later stuff (with a few exceptions) but in particular that album is spot on.

Tickets bought today to see Helmet in March and I'll be going to see one of my favourite death metal bands Necrophagia in December.

Saw Level 42 at the Cliffs last night.

Usual excellent performance and a great crowd in, too.

Mind you, getting a drink at the bar was a task and a half! :'(

Anyone off to see The Hollies at The Cliff's after the next home match v Shrewsbury on Oct 29?

If so, fancy a beer beforehand in the Cliffs bar for a Shrimpers chat discussing our meteoric rise up League One? (the 'air that I breath' can have some odd hallucinating stuff in it)

The Tubes in Holmfirth.

With more costume changes than Britney Spears, and platform heels that even Lady Gaga might think twice about, the eccentric Fee Waybill led the Tubes through a highly enjoyable two hour 15 minute set at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth last night.

I didn't know much about the band other than the obvious song prior to booking the gig, but I did purchase a cheap compilation album a few weeks ago and I was quiet surprised on how successfully they were able to dip in to so many music genres. They played plenty of songs I recognised from the CD as well as a James Brown medley, the theme song from the film The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and in the encore, a 100 mph version of I Saw Her Standing There.

Of course the biggest cheer of the night was reserved for the classic White Punks On Dope, but we were treated to a great show and some fabulous songs.

I spoke to a fellow gig goer whilst having a fag waiting for the encore, he told me he knew nothing of the band and attended on a friend's recommendation. He thought they were amazing as he just didn't know what was coming next!

The only downside of the gig, apart from the drum solo, was Waybill's five minute rant at the US pharmaceutical business, although someone did suggest he should run for President.

Anyway, that aside, a great gig.

t004.jpgt009.jpgt015.jpgt019.jpgt027.jpg

For more pics of the gig click here

Last edited:
Southend's own Asylums last night - superb, see them while they're still playing small, intimate shows if you get the chance.

She Drew The Gun last week. Also great, though their decision to cover Overload meant that I had the Sugababes in my head for a couple of days afterwards. :angry:

just to say saw ABC at the Cliffs last night. Did Lexicon of Love in its entirity with string orchestra. Unbelievably brilliant. Youngsters check out this album. It is quite amazing. Also saw Bad Company at the O2 on Saturday with Ritchie Sambora as support. What can I say. Both superb. This retirement thing is really tiring.

Back