• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just to say saw ABC at the Cliffs last night. Did Lexicon of Love in its entirity with string orchestra. Unbelievably brilliant. Youngsters check out this album. It is quite amazing. Also saw Bad Company at the O2 on Saturday with Ritchie Sambora as support. What can I say. Both superb. This retirement thing is really tiring.

I saw them do it at the Theatre Royal a year ago - amazing. I could have done without the new stuff, but LOL sounded absolutely incredible.

I went last night brillant - Martin Fry has such a distinctive voice. could have been a tad louder. I liked the 'new' stuff. It was a bit gentrified - very different to what I would normally watch and I dont think there was anyone under 47 in the audience- still a great night . Going to watch the Human League there in a few weeks (standing though :))

On Friday I popped over to the Bingley Arts Centre to see Hawklords. The band consist of three former Hawkwind members playing a mixture of their own material and classic Hawkwind/Robert Calvert songs. They played for a full two hours and I have to say they were very good, especially the self-penned instrumentals. At just £12 to get in, you couldn't really go wrong.

If you like Hawkwind, these are well worth seeing. Unfortunately it is the last gig of their tour at the 100 Club tonight, but I am sure they will return next year.

hl01.jpghl05.jpghl07.jpghl15.jpghl22.jpg

For more pics click here

John Verity is playing at the same venue next Friday, so I may go to that gig as well.

A belated post but The Hollies at The Cliffs on Oct 29 were absolutely brilliant - the place was packed tho a shame there was not a younger element in the audience as they were a bit muted. I took my son and said to him that he was the youngest there - he asked me to take a look around as he pointed out I was prob the second youngest!

The Hollies have two who have been with the band since 1963 and have toured every year since the start - some achievement.

My son had no knowledge of The Hollies before the concert but has since bought one of their albums. Recommend you check them out next time they are near you.

Looking forward this week to seeing From The Jam in Ipswich this Thursday

Got tickets for the Human League at The Cliffs later this month - anyone else going to that?

A belated post but The Hollies at The Cliffs on Oct 29 were absolutely brilliant - the place was packed tho a shame there was not a younger element in the audience as they were a bit muted. I took my son and said to him that he was the youngest there - he asked me to take a look around as he pointed out I was prob the second youngest!

The Hollies have two who have been with the band since 1963 and have toured every year since the start - some achievement.

My son had no knowledge of The Hollies before the concert but has since bought one of their albums. Recommend you check them out next time they are near you.

Got tickets for the Human League at The Cliffs later this month - anyone else going to that?

No, but I am going to the Specials next Saturday. Good excuse for not going to Bury, so can't go wrong really.

Saw Essex`s own Mawkin in Penzance last week - great stuff - no sign of the greatest living Essex man in Penzance (Rob Noxious) though - who was apparently dicking around on a radio show :winking:

Saw Dinosaur Jr at the Kentish Town Forum on Friday night, wanted to see them for a long time and they did not disappoint. :thumbsup:

Drastic™;1917210 said:
Saw Dinosaur Jr at the Kentish Town Forum on Friday night, wanted to see them for a long time and they did not disappoint. :thumbsup:

I liked that post just because the K T FORUM was one of my fav venues.

Went to see Alter Bridge at the o2 last night and what a cracking show! I also went for the main support of Volbeat who if you haven't heard before have a listen they are exceptional! They're a danish rock band, the lead singer has a very distinctive voice. They put on a hell of a show and then got outshone by the true greats of Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti. The best music gig I've been too.

There was two other support bands Like a Storm who I only caught the last song and Gojira. Gojira are a French heavy rock band and not really my cup of tea.

Saw the wonderful Ben Sidran again last night at Barna's best small jazz venue The Jamboree.

Great set but I was sorry to learn form him that Mose Allison had passed earlier this month.

Yes Human League tonight to relive the eighties!

For those of you who are Mike Rutherford fans, his new Mike and the Mechanics line up is on at the Cliffs on 11th March 2017. If you also are a Paul Carrack fan he is doing a gig there on 3 March 2017. I'm a long time fan of both, but as they are both stand-up I'm stuffed as standing that long isn't a starter these days.

For those of you who are Mike Rutherford fans, his new Mike and the Mechanics line up is on at the Cliffs on 11th March 2017. If you also are a Paul Carrack fan he is doing a gig there on 3 March 2017. I'm a long time fan of both, but as they are both stand-up I'm stuffed as standing that long isn't a starter these days.

Makes my attendance at some gigs a bit problematic too these days.:'(

(I was very pleased that at a Jackson Browne gig here at the Apolo back in September they put in seats at the last minute.Hoping they might do the same when John Mayall plays there next March).

Last gig I went to was Kate Bush, and I stood up for 2 1/2hrs. My feet! :sad:

Are you sure about that ? I can't see them taking the upstairs seats down? Actually I just had a look on the website and can see seats for both - unless I am being stupid, which is entirely possible and as my wife would say , probable

Heading to see the Pixies tonight at Brixton, followed by Jim Bob from Carter USM on the 9th. First time seeing the Pixies live, despite them being one of the first alt bands I got into. Got the day off work tomorrow, beer will be consumed.

Actually, I have a spare ticket for Pixies as my mate had to cancel this morning - PM me if you want it.

EDIT: spare ticket now gone.

Last edited:
Heading to see the Pixies tonight at Brixton, followed by Jim Bob from Carter USM on the 9th. First time seeing the Pixies live, despite them being one of the first alt bands I got into. Got the day off work tomorrow, beer will be consumed.

Actually, I have a spare ticket for Pixies as my mate had to cancel this morning - PM me if you want it.

Are they supporting Menswear? :facepalm:

Back